FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sefirus

barrage help

the marksman rotation says to use barrage on CD but no matter how many times I try I cant deal more dps using barrage then not using barrage unless there is 2 or more targets. I guess I would just like to understand why and when a 2.5sec 60 focus attack for 700k is better then a 1.7 sec cast 50 focus  vulnerable aimed shot.

Simple.

It says you have to use barrage while Vulnerable Buff is down AND barrage is not on CD.  And the guide also says that you should use Crows for single target only fights.

As a passing comment, you can cast Barrage on the move. 

And it still does more damage per execute time per focus than vulnerable Aimed Shot. The point about Vulnerability in the guide is so that you try to juggle your cooldowns and vulnerability windows in a way that benefits you overall. 

For example, if you have Barrage Ready, 100+ focus and Vulnerability has 3 seconds left, it would be wise to cast Aimed Shot before casting Barrage, because if you do it the other way around, you'll be left with surplus focus and no way to spend it effectively. 

However, if you have just 60 focus and same 3 seconds left on Vlunerable, it'd make more sense to just cast Barrage right away.

Edited by Iridar
  • Like 1

Cast Barrage IconBarrage on cooldown, if you have chosen this talent. Try to use it without Vulnerable active, but do not delay it too much.

Cast Aimed Shot IconAimed Shot if you can cast it before Vulnerable IconVulnerable will expire from the target. This also functions as a focus dump to stay off focus cap by casting it when you reach 80 focus, even if Vulnerable isn't up. If you are casting Marked Shot late in your Vulnerable debuff, you should make sure that you can fit it in before Vulnerable expires by not casting Aimed Shot too late

I guess this looks like preferably after vulnerable but always on cd also in the opening gambit with trueshot it has barrage cast right after sidewinders, and while crows would b good for a fight like ursoc and nythandra they are the only pure single target fights everything else has adds somewhere.