FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
baconmage

Fire Mage DPS Help

Hi All,

I am currently sitting a ILvl835 Fire mage and seems to be struggling with DPS while using the rotation metioned on Icy-veins. Starting with the Opening sequence(without the potion at the start) and practicing on the Dummy in the hall of guardians I only average around 85K DPS. I am not doing PVP i mainly want to be doing dungeon/raids. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you could provide logs or a link to your armory that would help us out. For know I can only guess that your gear isn't that good.

ilvl alone tells us nothing.

If you are only pulling 85k dps, you either have no crit, or you're not doing the rotation correctly.

If you are using ROP, then Combustion, then using Fireball to get to your pyros, you're doing it wrong.  You should always have an instant pyro ready to go when you throw down a ROP then Combustion.

While the Icy-veins section of the rotation is good go watch youtube videos of guys actually doing it... I think it makes a big difference to see how fast top fire mages can use their rotation.

Fireball should really only be cast if you are waiting for CDs to come back up.