FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
DougD

DPS Help?

Basic Info....
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Kalyndrel/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17448107/latest#

Build: Icy Veins https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-demon-hunter-pve-dps-gear-legendaries-best-in-slot

Rotation: Combination between the Icy Veins and what LokyBalboa suggests on here. 
I start a little slower to always have one Fel Rush on hold for survival needs. 
Typical Single Target Boss Fight:
Walk/Fel Rush Up, Demon Bite x 2 to build fury, Metamorphosis, Chaos Blades, Fel Rush, Fury, Throw Glaive, Annihilation, Annihilation, Demon Bite x 2 to build fury back up, Fel Rush, Throw Glaive, Annihilation/Chaos Strike x 2, etc etc  with Eye Beam mixed in when off cool down. 

The only suggestion for myself that I can see, is that I havent been using Vengeful Retreat that much to build fury with and instead relying on two Demon Bites between attacks. I guess if I added in more VR I could cut down on using Demon Bite as much? 

I havent been using macros as our raid leader doesnt like them and they arent something Ive ever used. Should I maybe be using an attack macro? Would it speed me up and increase DPS? 

Any help appreciated! 

Analyzing my own log against my last Nythendra fight I see I only had Momentum up 37% of the time and this is horrible. I know I need to work on that. 
I have seen others say with full Fury I should be able to get off 3-4 Chaos Strikes while momentum is up. I can barely get off 2. Do I not have enough points in Haste? Im generally doing Fel Rush for Momentum then Thrown Glaive, then 1-2 Chaos Strikes...and thats all I can get off and that 2nd Chaos Strike is iffy as to whether or not I consistently land it in Momentum. 

Edited by DougD

As you said start using VR more often since you have chosen "prepared".Also yes improve on keeping up your momentum.And don't hold back your fel rushes(if needed use that blur).If you have for example some CDs ready and a decent amount of fury dont hesitate to pop once or even twice in a row your momentum and get rid of all these cooldowns.

Also make sure you use fury of the illidary and eye beam at the start of your momentum so you maximize their damage aswell.Then you always have time to throw a glaive and apply bloodlet or do 2 chaos strikes.Get a relic that reduces meta's cd so you can use it twice in a fight.pay attention to your fury,don't fel rush with 100 fury or >75.If you have 100 fury and u want momentum use chaos strike then fel rush and do your combo.

Well how many, when not in metamorphosis, chaos strikes are people getting off when Momentum is up? 
I Fel Rush, throw glaive, get one chaos strike and sometimes, rarely might have time to get off a second. Is my haste to low? And thats slowing me down? 

Or should I be macro'ing all these so they are going off quicker after I fel rush?

I found about 10% haste was the sweet spot for getting 3 chaos strikes off reliably, 4 with good trinket procs.  The bigger issue I had was running out of fury if they did not crit, so I put some AP in to getting higher fury cap.   I also run with Demon Blade, which fills fury fast.

You should *not* throw glaive during momentum in Meta, just annihilate (Or Fury of the illidari, but that will happen only once during meta).   Outside of meta, then throw glaive during momentum, and it should work out to every other momentum to keep bloodlet up.

31 minutes ago, Zilthy said:

I found about 10% haste was the sweet spot for getting 3 chaos strikes off reliably, 4 with good trinket procs.  

Hmmmm my haste is at 5% currently. 
I tired running Demon Blade and went back to normal Demon Bites. I found Demon Blades inconsistent in giving me fury when I wanted/needed it. 

All of my next AP points are also going into raising my fury cap for the same reason, despite the guide not recommending it. I just dont have a high enough cap. 

Edited by DougD

Well, Demon Blade vs Prepared (Demon Bite) depends on gear, so that would make sense.

At 5% haste you should still be able to get 3 chaos strikes/annhilates in reliably.  The biggest factor there will be your aiming, you will have no time to move in to range.  But there is time for 3 GCDs in momentum.

Well i am sorry it took me so long to answer back.I manage to get 2-3 chaos strikes,but that depends on many factors.For example it depends on how big the hitbox of my target is,my haste %,is there a wall to use and prevent myself from leavng melee range?

General idea is to fel rush and pop momentum around 70 fury.This will leave you with a 95 fury it is good enough for 2 chaos strikes and maybe 3 if one is a critical.Haste is vital to get 3,with 10% you might be able to unload 3 chaos strikes.But my default is to always throw a glaive to refresh my bloodlet.In momentum if i am out of big cooldowns like fury of the illidary/eye beam/chaos blades applying bloodlet is a must.In the end the recount has to look something like this Chaos strike/anhilation -> bloodlet -> glaive etc etc usually it will be fel rush -> fury of the illidary -> demon bites.

So make sure you have at least a 55% momentum on all the time and you will be good to go.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17808289/latest#boss=1864 Here is my latest log,it is Xavius in HC.Not the perfect fight for me considering it was my first raid and my ilvl is really low for heroic (851) but you will get the general idea of how a rotation should look like.

As i said not the perfect fight in the try we got xavius i fel rushed to engage as soon as possible using throwing glaives and fury of the illadry afterwards.Then i gathered 70 fury popped meta,popped momentum + chaos blades and kept going with anhilation and glaive.The usage of eye beam was to cleave the add that spawns.Hope i helped a bit.