Xepp

[Disc] Cord of Maiev, Priestess of the Moon - How to optimally capitalize on the proc?

3 posts in this topic

http://www.wowhead.com/item=133800/cord-of-maiev-priestess-of-the-moon

So on paper this thing seems pretty damn good (if mana isn't going to be an issue).

I got one last night and it very quickly became apparent that the proc is often difficult to utilize optimally. I'm often casting penance right after applying a bunch of atonements and I'll follow it up with a chain of Smites. Because of the way latency works and the best practice of pre-casting just before your gcd completes, it often happens that I cast a Smite, the belt procs and Penance is taken off cooldown, but I'm already casting another Smite because by the time the server gets back to me and tells me Penance is off cooldown, even though it's technically happening instantly when Smite finishes, it's too late and I'm casting something else already. So that GCD is much less effective than it technically could have been. 

Because Penance is on such a short cooldown anyways, this often happens when it's one GCD away from coming off cooldown, so the proc itself is completely wasted and it just feels crappy to watch that happen.

Is there any trick, addon or macro I can use to reduce the frequency of this happening, besides waiting half a second after every Smite just to see if the belt procced before using my next spell? Or should I just accept that my Penances are very often going to be used one GCD later than they theoretically could have been?

First world problems, I know, but it would be really cool if I had a way to capitalize on every proc the moment it happens.

Thanks

Edited by Xepp

I'm unsure if this would work, but you could try this macro

/cast Penance

/cast Smite

and replace your normal smite cast with it.  This assumes you'll always want to use Penance of course, but that seems to be what you're trying to do anyway.