FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eug

Resto druid feel like i'm doing something wrong

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Eug/advanced

Parse 1 Heroic EN: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1jm3MWKXY28ZVrzJ/

Parse 2 Normal EN: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/p2nCj61FQZ8Mxkaw/

Parse 3 Heroic Xavius(Last week): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VZMBhgAT8F3KbcCd/

Basically I feel that I should be putting out more HPS. We're getting bosses down and not having healing issues, I just personally feel that i should be doing better. Currently i'm spec'd hard into Single target healing which allows me to heal the tanks effectively while letting our other druid go while on raid healing. The normal EN parse i posted was basically just us messing around the entire time, but perhaps some information can be gained from that.

Outside of healing the tanks i'm basically just rejuv'n everything that takes damage to maximize my legendary shoulders then casting a second one when they are below 50%. Keeping 2 up on the tanks at all time. Following with a wild growth after the cast if people are still low. A big part of my concern is that as we recruit more people to progress into mythic that this method will no longer be enough. Casting rejuv on a raid group of 11 isn't that difficult 20 and the GCD seems to keep me down. 

Our other druid whom i'm constantly comparing myself too:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Packenmoose/advanced

He is set up to raid heal, but i feel that we shouldn't be so far apart in healing.

As spare gear at the moment I have

Sephuz's Secret 895 - I don't think this is currently worth using as the effect doesn't help and i'd lose mastery/haste

Naglfar Fare 865 - I'm tempted to use this, but i believe my current trinkets are better.

Horn of Valor 860 + Socket - I've really no desire to use this, I tried when i first got it I feel that the use doesn't make up for the poor stat in vers.

Flask of the Solemn Night 845 - I was using this till i got my Chrono shard which just feels like a more solid trinket.

Stat weights i've been using in Pawn:

( Pawn: v1: "PvE-Druid-Eug": Intellect=9.04, HasteRating=7.54, MasteryRating=6.05, Versatility=3.04, CritRating=4.54 )

I Basically took the Noxxic stat weights and switched mastery and crit to follow the IV Tank/mythic + weights.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Edited by Eug

Hello,

I looked at your logs and the first thing that jumped to my eye is that you are seriously overhealing fights. 

4 healers for 14 people on your raid ilvl is way too many, especially having a DK tank that may be count as an additional healer.

Honestly, you should use 2 direct healers and a disc and it would be completely enough.

Same for the Normal - too many healers-> you have nothing to heal-> bad parses.

I just 2-healed Normal 21-man yesterday on my 839-846 ilvl resto druid (ilvl changed throught the fights^^) with a Holy Priest and it was completely fine.

You can see the logs here (just to show that it's possible on the same raid ilvl as yours).

Now one more thing: you took Cultivation in T5 but with so many healers people hardly drop below 60%HP and this talent is pretty much a waste. You can see it in your logs: 12% uptime on Xavius, hardly 6% uptime on Dragons...

In addition, this talent is completely opposite to your Legendary. You have to choose full HP targets to make your Legendary work and in the same time to choose targets below 60% to make the talent work. So you kinda complicate your own life ^^

And the last one but pretty serious: pay attention on your Flourish and Essence of G'Hanir usage. For some reason you hardly cast them at all. 1 Flourish and 1 Essence of Xavius, 1Flourish and 0 Essence of Cenarius, zero casts on Dragons, etc. You miss a lot of healing here.

Hope it helps :)

Thank you for taking the time to look through my logs and your feedback. I agree we have too many healers. We're trying to increase our member count to get ready for mythic, but haven't really got a healer that can properly dps at the moment.  Next week we're going to 3 heal heroic, we've got 2 more new people coming in so that would put us at 2/3/11 does that sound like a better distribution of members?

Ill switch Cultivation for Soul of the Forest to make the most of my swiftmends. 

I find myself gravitating towards tranq over my other cds as much as possible. I've been basically only using Flourish/EoG as a 'Everybody is going to die' moment. Falling strongly into the trap of saving cds 'till i need them' then not using cds at all. Should i be using the combo over tranq given my 'Rejuv everything' style? is it more powerful, or it just that i should be using them more often perhaps even on CD?  

Are my stat weights correct? I feel like i'm falling behind on haste 

Thanks again for you assistance.

1 hour ago, Eug said:

Thank you for taking the time to look through my logs and your feedback. I agree we have too many healers. We're trying to increase our member count to get ready for mythic, but haven't really got a healer that can properly dps at the moment.  Next week we're going to 3 heal heroic, we've got 2 more new people coming in so that would put us at 2/3/11 does that sound like a better distribution of members?

Ill switch Cultivation for Soul of the Forest to make the most of my swiftmends. 

I find myself gravitating towards tranq over my other cds as much as possible. I've been basically only using Flourish/EoG as a 'Everybody is going to die' moment. Falling strongly into the trap of saving cds 'till i need them' then not using cds at all. Should i be using the combo over tranq given my 'Rejuv everything' style? is it more powerful, or it just that i should be using them more often perhaps even on CD?  

Are my stat weights correct? I feel like i'm falling behind on haste 

Thanks again for you assistance.

Yeah, 2/3/11 sounds better imo. Don't be afraid if you have some bad pulls on the start of progression when it seems like everyone is dying because of lack of healing and people fall into a trap of adding more healers instead of figuring out the right execution of mechanics. 

Regarding Tranq and/or Flourish/EoG combo: they are not exclusive and you should use both pretty much on CD. If it would be easier for you, think about Flourish/EoG as a mana conservation ability. Efflorescence+Swiftmend with SotF->Wild Growth->Flourish/EoG heals A LOT. I think I wouldn't mistake much giving it the same healing potential as to Tranq.

I'm not worried about stats right now because we are in the early gearing process so many times we just use what we've got. I think you can just follow the IV guide in terms of stats prio for raids and M+ (they are a bit different) and it should be fine.

Pandacho pretty much covered everything.  What I would recommend though is to use Incarnation instead of Soul of the Forest, if you are struggling with mana.

Personally I like Incarnation more because since we're not using WG on CD like we use to, its not as useful, and having a single rejuv for 200% isn't really that great imo.

Personally, I like to spam a lot of rejuv, so Tree of Life helps me do that while saving mana.

If you want to keep SotF, i would recommend getting double swiftmend as well to help it out a bit.  (Though I've fallen in love with Cenarion Ward recently since its gotten a hell of a lot better)

15 minutes ago, Krazyito said:

Pandacho pretty much covered everything.  What I would recommend though is to use Incarnation instead of Soul of the Forest, if you are struggling with mana.

I thought about recommending ToL but if they will continue to raid with the current setup (14-15 people with 4 healers and a DK tank), Eug may end up not using it at all because there's just not enough damage to heal, while SotF would be mostly utilized anyway.

For a more 'tight' setup like 2-healing, or healing with a pala and a priest, ToL may be actually better than SotF as an additional raid CD.