FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
cvicarious

How can I squeeze in more Aimed Shots in a fight?

Hello all,

I'm looking for any possible tips on how to get more Aimed Shot usage. I feel pretty comfortable with my damage and I normally parse very well. I was in an LFR not too long ago and saw a hunter absolutely dominating my damage. Unfortunately, I was not logging at the time and I could only go by DBM. This person did not have much better gear than me, only about 4 more ilevels in total and 5 more on the weapon, but I don't think this could have led to the huge disparity. Looking through the meter i did find that their AS total was roughly DOUBLE of mine, and I was not holding back. 

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help would be appreciated. 

Hunter1fight1.jpg

Hunter2fight1.jpg

Hunter1fight2.jpg

Hunter2fight2.jpg

Usually you can squeeze in more than one Aimed Shot per Vulnerability Window. Two after Sidewinders / Marked Shot and 3 after Windburst. 

Even 4 if you get back to back Lock'n'Load procs. 

The issue is - you probably won't have enough focus for it. And you can't just *get more* other than trying to never overcap. 

Edited by Iridar

I believe you are probably seeing the effects of the artifact trait Legacy of the Windrunners. The extra arrows from that count as aimed shots in the logs, I think. Could also just be due to LnL procs though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Thanasibow said:

I believe you are probably seeing the effects of the artifact trait Legacy of the Windrunners. The extra arrows from that count as aimed shots in the logs, I think. Could also just be due to LnL procs though.

That seems very probable. Unfortunately, his minimum AiS damage is bugged out at something and dealt 0 damage, but for example in my today's raid it shows that minimum AiS hit damage is ~22k, while average is 187k (non crit). That kind of discrepancy can be explained only by the artifact trait arrows counting as AiS.