FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Natureshift

trinket help

im a balance druid  and atm im using http://www.wowhead.com/item=139323/twisting-wind&bonus=1807 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=137433/obelisk-of-the-void&bonus=1727 warforged one with 914 haste.. i did the weekly quest and got http://www.wowhead.com/item=139326/wriggling-sinew&bonus=1807#dropped-by but warforged (855 ilvl) with 950 crit + socket..

So wich ones would i prefer to use as balance?

Please help me

i deleted it, cus according to simcraft, it lowered my dps alot! Now im in a new dilemma, i got this from Nethl lair +6 http://www.wowhead.com/item=137349/naraxas-spiked-tongue&bonus=3410 and still got  http://www.wowhead.com/item=137433/obelisk-of-the-void&bonus=1727  and  http://www.wowhead.com/item=139323/twisting-wind&bonus=1807 wich set of the 3 trinkets would you use as balance, and why?

Are you saying, simcraft is giving you higher DPS with Obelisk and Twisting Wind?  Naraxas Spiked Tongue should offer you the highest DPS. Link your armory so I can see what's going on.

10 hours ago, Moondaze said:

Are you saying, simcraft is giving you higher DPS with Obelisk and Twisting Wind?  Naraxas Spiked Tongue should offer you the highest DPS. Link your armory so I can see what's going on.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Psybird/simple this is my armory, please if there is anything done wrong, let me know here please.

Naraxas Spiked Tongue should definitely be one of the trinkets that you use.  Given your other options, Obelisk of the Void will probably be your next best bet and pair that up with your cooldowns if you can.  I got an i885 Wriggling Sinew yesterday and despite it being several item levels higher than my current trinkets, it was a DPS decrease after putting it to use (currently using Swarming Plaguehive and Chrono Shard). 

Natureshift, the issue with your gear is that you prioritized Versatility over Crit. Crit has more weight than Versatility until you hit it's soft cap of diminishing returns which is around 20%. Follow this.

The stat weights will change according to your CURRENT stats, and will tell you exactly which stat you need to obtain in order to increase DPS. For example, if your current haste is at 35% and your mastery is at 35%, the sim will say that CURRENTLY Mastery > Haste. This is due to diminishing returns. So with my data I've concluded that your stats should be as such.

Intellect : Your primary stat - comes hand in hand with iLvl besides rings, amulets, and some trinkets.

Haste : Diminishing returns occurs at 30% - Thus having around 30% HASTE or within 10% variance is optimal.

Crit: Diminishing returns occurs at 20% - Thus having around 20% CRIT or within 10% variance is optimal.

Mastery: Most guides will tell you that this is your weakest stat. This is true if HASTE/CRIT are not at their respective, optimal percentages. If they are, reach for 40% Mastery.

Versatility: After all 3 stats above are obtained, dump the rest here.

As far as your trinket issue, I'd stick with Naraxas Spiked Tongue / Stormsinger Fulmination Charge (Mastery Snapshotting) / Swarming Plaguehive / Unstable Arcanoshard. Whichever has the highest iLvl.

Edited by Moondaze

1 hour ago, Moondaze said:

Natureshift, the issue with your gear is that you prioritized Versatility over Crit. Crit has more weight than Versatility until you hit it's soft cap of diminishing returns which is around 20%. Follow this.

The stat weights will change according to your CURRENT stats, and will tell you exactly which stat you need to obtain in order to increase DPS. For example, if your current haste is at 35% and your mastery is at 35%, the sim will say that CURRENTLY Mastery > Haste. This is due to diminishing returns. So with my data I've concluded that your stats should be as such.

Intellect : Your primary stat - comes hand in hand with iLvl besides rings, amulets, and some trinkets.

Haste : Diminishing returns occurs at 30% - Thus having around 30% HASTE or within 10% variance is optimal.

Crit: Diminishing returns occurs at 20% - Thus having around 20% CRIT or within 10% variance is optimal.

Mastery: Most guides will tell you that this is your weakest stat. This is true if HASTE/CRIT are not at their respective, optimal percentages. If they are, reach for 40% Mastery.

Versatility: After all 3 stats above are obtained, dump the rest here.

As far as your trinket issue, I'd stick with Naraxas Spiked Tongue / Stormsinger Fulmination Charge (Mastery Snapshotting) / Swarming Plaguehive / Unstable Arcanoshard. Whichever has the highest iLvl.

Will those u stated there mean that optimal is 30% haste, 20% crit? sorry English is not my primary lagnuage so those sentences i do not understand fully :(

No problem, so after 30% haste, 20% crit, etc., the weight of the stat decreases. So the best percentage is to be within 28-32% haste, 18-22% crit, 38-42% mastery, and whatever you can dump into versatility. 

However, if you have the emerald dreamcatcher, you want at least 10,800 haste in order to cast more starsurges in between rotations.

Edited by Moondaze

39 minutes ago, Moondaze said:

No problem, so after 30% haste, 20% crit, etc., the weight of the stat decreases. So the best percentage is to be within 28-32% haste, 18-22% crit, 38-42% mastery, and whatever you can dump into versatility. 

However, if you have the emerald dreamcatcher, you want at least 10,800 haste in order to cast more starsurges in between rotations.

can i try see a link to your armory, to get an idea how to get close as possible :) ?