FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NegativeGSO

Parsing Gray on Ursoc (UH)

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NfpDLhW8KZVgrXCJ#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=8

Armoy: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Vacuus/advanced

For the most part, aside from trying to use soul reaper/apocalypse on cooldown, I'm managing festering sores carefully.  0-2 stacks, I festering strike.  3-8 I scourge strike.  I try to keep my rp from capping to cause scourge of worlds and runic corruption procs.  Ends up being something like festering strike, scourge strike scourge strike, death coil death coil, repeat, but with variance for infested claws, sudden doom procs, and crits from castigator;  I'm mostly basing the ability to use on my wound stacks on the target and what cooldowns are coming up for me to use.

I realize I'm popping my AotD late into heroism on this one, and I'm missing an apocalypse I could have fit in there.  Even with those mistakes, should that qualify a sub 10th percentile parse?  I don't want to blame it on not having the right trinket, or a dps legendary, or some other gear concern, because I see other parses with less than the best gear and a poop legendary and they do fine.

Looking for some insight.  I feel that I must be doing something fundamentally wrong.

you have a strong handle on what you are doing with your rotation and seem to have written your own feedback. Just a hint at parsing, its a lot like the diablo rift leaderboards, a lot of time cheating or careful manipulation is involved. People get help from their guild in many ways like telling people not to attack adds so they can get them, or healers have a team of locks use burning rush the entire time so there is more to heal. 

But yeah some of it can be trinket based. The EN trinkets really aren't that amazing for death knights. The big ones are anything with a huge crit gain or haste gain. Your ursocs paw is a very high ilvl trinket however it accounts for barely 1% of your dps, a trinket that further augments crit, means better castigator usage, more wounds burst and applied. For parsing you need to seek out best trinkets, best food, and sim the crap out of yourself.  

Um honestly there isn't really much i can say about your logs like they seem rather solid, you were runic capped for 30ish seconds of the fight. Out side of that i really couldn't mind a whole lot wrong with them. I generally kind of pride my self on how good I am at finding imperfection in logs, i'm sure demonardvark can attest to this. That trinket definitely is a problem. Infected claw isn't the ideal talent here, though outside of that. I really don't know even when i didn't have the legendary bracers i was doing about 300k at 861, I'm sorry I can't really help you too much, I'd suggest different trinket, and use Shadow infusion comback with those logs and i'll retry and take look at them.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nd2QzwMhcfKRqyXV#fight=21&type=damage-done if you're interested in seeing my logs, that pull wasn't to great for me compared to most of my other pulls but thus is how it goes on the time you actually down it for the first time. Again I know i have the legendary but idk maybe you can find something in there worth value.