Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: All-Star Squad

20 posts in this topic

2uDc4M9.jpg

This week's Tavern Brawl is called All-Star Squad. It is the 70th Tavern Brawl.

We've had Top 2, and Top 3, and they were popular. It makes sense that we would effectively get Top 1 to follow those up. In this Brawl, you choose 1 card and you are given 22 copies of it in your deck. You are also given 8 random cards to go with it, just to break things up.

I am enjoying the trend of Brawls that allow players to be creative (if you can call choosing one card being creative!), without having to have a large collection. It probably won't be long before we see a Top 4.

As previously, I won't post spoilers for ideas, as it is more fun for players to discover them on their own.

1 person likes this

I personally used Mind Blast to get the first few wins, and then play Lights of the Naaru for fun. 
This brawl isn't bad, but exactly exciting either. It's nice to finally have a place to complete priest quests though.

37 minutes ago, L0rinda said:

As previously, I won't post spoilers for ideas, as it is more fun for players to discover them on their own.

I would like to know what cards you used, and I don't think others would mind, especially since it's friday already :D 

Well there are some main cards you can use to quickly go face;

But in the end that leads to quite boring games :)

So if you want more fun, but still be able to win games, try these ones out:

That last one really results in fun games, where your opponent has a ficxed (and known) game plan, and you just have random cards to your disposal.

Sure sometimes you lose due to bad RNG on the random cards part, but most games just turn out to be close calls or big fat wins, and you have a blast doing it :)

1 person likes this

I just went the Murloc route and rolled through an otherwise painful brawl daily quest. Murloc mirror matchups were quite entertaining/challenging.

So I said no spoilers from me, but I did post late (sorry about that) this week.

I've been having fun with Bash. It's not always great, but when it wins you get friend adds from mechwarper dudes asking why you're so boring, which is awesome :)

1 person likes this

One that has been pretty funny to play is Hungry Crab because once he hits the field and eats a Murloc Tidecaller your opponent concedes. I did today's quest of winning 5 Tavern Brawls. 5 out of 5 matches ended in concedes. xD

I won 27/30 games with Warlock, Dark Peddler and had lots of fun doing it! Easy gold farming indeed. :)
Key is to clear the board and not worry too much about health, just watching the opponent run out of cards. Then smack them about with your stuff.
Only class that beat me was the Priest with Mind Blast, only managed to kill 2/5 of them by having the coin and being very aggressive with Soulfire and Power Overwhelming, healing up with Voodoo Doctor if possible. 
If the Priest had coin I would not  be able to kill him, though, as he'd be too quick for me.

Still, really recommend this card, it's plenty of fun compared to boring, mindless card-mashing like Mind Blast priests do. At least involves a tiny bit of planning and considering. ^^

Since i don't have Hungry Crab, I found that Twilight Whelp counter hard Murloc Tidecaller that is 80% of the meta. They have no way to counter 2/3 because you kill 1/2 and 2/2 and heal them up to 3 destroying their board. Also is more versatile than crab since can stand a chance against renounce darkness and similar.

I've won all games so far with the Twilight Whelp except against a Maelstrom Portal deck that killed my minions, even won against a Explosive Trap deck that couldn't one shot whelps

Edited by Hanz39

I really enjoyed Warlock with Knife Juggler. SO MANY KNIVES.

I had a Swashburglar vs Babbling Book game that almost went into fatigue. I won because i managed to get an ice block to counter his Pyroblast and i had lethal next turn. Fun brawl when both parties play discover or burgle cards.

32 minutes ago, shig said:

Golden Evolve has great randomness fun. All the Mind Blast and Murloc Tidecaller can bore off! 

Do you not lose on board? How long does it take to get things rolling?

On 10/14/2016 at 9:51 PM, Shine said:

anyone tried Forbidden Shaping? pretty cool too

I tried it but RNG was never on my side the few time I played it. 

On 17/10/2016 at 9:16 AM, Blainie said:

Do you not lose on board? How long does it take to get things rolling?

Hey sorry for late reply. It did fall against some stacked 1 card options, but if you got lucky with a healing spell/minion it would beat any murloc, mind blast or mech deck. The reason I enjoyed it, it was different, a bit random and you got to see all cards in golden form which was pretty cool.

4 hours ago, shig said:

Hey sorry for late reply. It did fall against some stacked 1 card options, but if you got lucky with a healing spell/minion it would beat any murloc, mind blast or mech deck. The reason I enjoyed it, it was different, a bit random and you got to see all cards in golden form which was pretty cool.

Fair point. Well, the next time the brawl comes up, I'll have to give it a try!