Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timmo900

UH - 20% Haste needed?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Just wondering peoples thoughts on the 20% Haste Minimum for UH DPS.

Who thinks it is absolutely crucial?

I am looking at a bunch of recent drops i have that are basically same ilvl. 

I run castigator and all of the pieces i want to swap in, will give me loads more crit, but drop my haste from 20% down to 16%.

how detrimental do you think this will be if i make the change? my crit will sit at almost 40% up from 32%.

Thanks in advance,

Timmo

do understand things in formal guides are aimed at absolute top dps and min max players, etc.

the short is more haste leads to less downtime and a more well flowing rotation, so around 18% really is the soft cap, you can do fine below it, it just feels much better at 18. In your case with the huge increase in crit, you will be fine at 16.

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, timmo900 said:

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it!

I don't think 20% haste is really needed, but it seems to be the cutoff point where haste starts to lower in value compared to the other stats. 20% haste also seem to be the point where the global cooldown and playspeed feels "right". I notice a significant difference in "how it feels" going from 16% to 20% haste.

Edited by Zulgh
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Zulgh said:

I don't think 20% haste is really needed, but it seems to be the cutoff point where haste starts to lower in value compared to the other stats. 20% haste also seem to be the point where the global cooldown and playspeed feels "right". I notice a significant difference in "how it feels" going from 16% to 20% haste.

you are correct, haste suffers horrific diminishing returns, and 20% is more or less the cap of where you want to be, the example we can see with this is soul reaper we get 21% haste bonus and you barely have time to push your buttons. so 20% does give the best feel I agree but its really a min max priority setting nothing more. It's a good guideline but not mandate.

Where are you guys getting the 20% number from? Is this just personal experience or is it listed in a guide somewhere? Thanks!

1 hour ago, croana said:

Where are you guys getting the 20% number from? Is this just personal experience or is it listed in a guide somewhere? Thanks!

Theorycrafting, sims, and a buttload of playtime. Who do you think writes the guides? Blizzord certainly doesn't, its dedicated players who sit there running thousands of iterations of sims and staring at logs until your eyes bleed :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Oups
      <Eighty Six> is a Morning / Daytime Raiding Guild on Tanaris 
      Our Current progression is 7/7 M & 3/3 H 
      We raid: Wednesday, Thursday & Monday 8 AM till 11 AM PST
      What we are looking for:
      Heals: (High) R Druid , (Medium) MW Monk & R Shaman  Ranged DPS: (High) Mage & Lock, (Medium) S Priest & Boomkin Melee DPS: (High) Warrior, Pally & Feral, (Medium) Rogue Please add me on B-Tag for more info: Oups#1377 

Good Luck 
    • By bwaargh
      So, i'm lvl 866 crit - castigator - soul reaper. Crit 27%, haste 18%, mastery 29%.  Draugr, Girdle of the Everlasting King and Sephuz's Secret. I simc at 305k dps single target. When i switch to CS - necrosis - dark arbiter, i simc at 298k dps. But my gear is crit-heavy low-mastery and i've no Deadliest coil traits yet, so i wonder if mastery build is really better now. But icy and noxxic still suggest crit-build. Does anyone have the possibility and gear to simc two of this builds with the same ilvl gear. Please share.
    • By bez
      Who we are
      <Hollow> is a semi-hardcore guild created by a group of friends, experienced players, that raided HC together in WOTLK. We reunited and transfered to the same realm to create a guild, or more accurately, a home. We keep a very friendly environment in and out of raids, oftenly joining discord to chat even if we aren't doing anything. Guild activities include but are not limited to mythic dungeons, mythic + and raiding.
      Our goals
      Our current progress is 4/7M and 3/3HC. Our current goal is to down mythic EN to gear up and also prepare for Nighthold!
      What we are looking for
      Recruitment currently closed for Mythic raiding with the exception of 1 Shadow Priest.
      People that want only heroics can join regardless of specs. Socials are still welcome!
      Our raiding schedule
      Our current raiding schedule is 3 raids a week for 3 hours:

Wednesday 8pm to 11pm server time - NH Normal
      Sunday 8pm to 11pm server time - EN Mythic
      Tuesday 8pm to 11pm server time - EN Heroic / ToV Heroic
      The guild is using DKP system
      NOTE: We have added a catch up system for new recruits. When you get past the trial phase and join the ranks as a raider of our guild, you also earn 200 dkp as bonus and when you prove yourself that you are worthy of a core spot, you also get 300 dkp as bonus. We wont leave anyone behind no matter how new while at the same time, drawing a line for our core, active raiders that have been with us since the start.
      Our wowprogress page: http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/twisting-nether/Hollow
      Thank you for taking your time reading through this post. If you have any further questions or if you are interested in joining us, feel free to contact us in game on Solidz, Hotbez or add us on BNET at Solidus#2642, bez#21193.
    • By maviebris
      So I was fortunate enough to get mantle of command last night, and ran some quick sims. Based on my sims, it would seem that crit has over taken haste in the stat priority when using mantle of command. So stat priority is as follows:
      agi > mast > crit > haste > vers

I haven't calculated weights, but the difference in simulations was significant. I'll leave the weight calculating to others. The idea is that with mantle of command and the changing function of dire beast, it is more advantageous to get more dire beasts from crit, than reducing the CD through haste. Maybe someone else can confirm this also.