FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
timmo900

Bonereapers Hook Hidden Appearance

There's a lot of theory on what you require to get this, but i can tell you what i had when i unlocked it.

AK 7, Artifact rank 22.

Using the 
"enter proving grounds, start, leave, apoc on broken isles acherus dummies. back into proving grounds, repeat method." 

Edit : It has been reported by other users on these forums that you do not need to leave the proving grounds, and that the book can drop in there.

So you can start up the TANK bronze Proving groounds - death grip the target over, festering to 8 wounds, pop apocalypse. Check the true/false macro. If false, yield to the panda and restart it. This method allows you to stand within range to continously restart the PG as needed. You choose the TANK option as the bronze dps target cannot be death gripped.

*****I will update this further later today!

Allows you to get a lot more casts of apocalypse per hour. My total farming time to get his appearance was about 4 hours.

I Used a macro to check hidden achievement 2000/2000 summoned ghouls which was NOT completed.

To the best of my knowledge, the book/ghoul required only comes from Apocalypse, not AotD.

My conclusion is, literally any time after you get AK 6 you have a random chance of getting the book/npc to spawn whenever Apocalypse is cast.

I used a weak aura that sounded a horn and presented a banner to advise of the book drop, but even without that, the NPC will chat in your default chat window. and even if you don't read the book, 
you can run the macro "is quest complete id etc" 
If it comes up "true" you can literally go to putricide and go down the trap door.

Hope this is of help to some.

(if people want the same macros\weak aura setup, I will add them to this post tomorrow)

Cheers, Timmo

Edited by timmo900
  • Like 2

Macro's and Add-ons I used:

1. Tells you true or false, not if the book has dropped, but more so if you are eligible to go down the trap door in putricides lab. It will only change to true after the book drops, not when it drops.

#showtooltip
/cast Apocalypse
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44188))

2. Check to see if you have raised over 2000 Ghouls minimum, only posting this as someone asked me for it, because i had not completed 2000/2000 when my book dropped. 
It will read as "false" 2000/2000 until you reach it, then change to 
"true" 2000/2000

/run print(GetStatistic(11231))

3. Using Weak Auras - this is the one that goes mental when the book actually drops. So most likely what you all are chasing. You need to have Weakauras2 add on already and you can just enter the import string required. it will sound a air horn and pop up on your screen "AYYYYYY LMAO BOIS" - lol i did not make this weak aura and you can change the text and colour if you wish.

d4ZEdaGAqvA9ak2LkvBdL62GmtaLMRkLzd0Pr6Msc)uL03qr9pqLANaYEP2Te7xvJcuvddGXHkDEsLhJQgmIHdkhubDuavDmH6COeleL0TujwmkKLRupeurpLyzk0Zf51Oqnvfnzbth6zsQ(lQ4YsDDs2ikYHvXMfY2Lu(iOk(kOsMMs67Gkmsav(mPmAsvJxsQtkj6SssUMsCpuqRubofkWVf1o2tlqwcwcEAjkxqHcmTbI5rlvFnkk1ObI99ya1xIxypU0xaayXsGMGbE0n7QrldRQQQEcWwXWRpH1Rvkw2TgnxM6G1wWUA0YHhP165MQP17kYH2aDjgGLdpsZLKNws4zJEAjLvLGLklyVJo89THHW1s6gC1hgpuTpPBv0b65MKvLq62q6g4Y7Y9SMMLqMdVkHziZilHmhOoLoATzKLqMtkRkbZQrJwc0e8Qk8iTwB5acAHgSiWAE6b8jd3q6Ec8OpRaFIOGGYLoa3woHafP5YbKdUPAA9o5PrlWbnG6ntllXJJXCxzEKlZ1zH7QJUSw3srbn3unTENmqXw03un9OzAba3XyUmdiMfURlSRp6OlRSTO7AuuQrZeBaSzPoGLXfwaWEP(kahDzD1cy(e80Ik1CkDTEBwTGhWUGEAbsbIupnA0sGgfr5vGOopTaParQNgnAzNbBpTaParQNgnAbwny4bSlONwGuGi1tJgTeD4rAU4Pfifis90Orl7dF7Pfifis90OrJwWnvtR3EAb1bRTWRsygYcVkHzioOoyTLeEqvYcVkHzio6PH2csH6GfvPR1f0YrHzl8QeMHSePk8inxGpd(bp5jp5j)GN8KN8eA0tQmb8QoHmbE006aCMHGb2yhG)6AmxUm4jmKHpb3Q(jO(U8dEYtEYtEYtEYt2nQ2LNGBv)dEYtEYt6s4h8KN8KN8d6sWcV(MNXwuWchSTOsnhvHIMvJgTKSmEF8E8D2wQzGIxhJnAd

Good luck on getting your Hidden Appearance Guys!

• Like 2

that is both genius and painful at the same time XD

great suggestion and mini guide though, for those who really want the appearance, this does seem like most expeditious method.

• Like 2

Going in and out of the proving grounds made my head want to explode.

But, it really was the most efficient way.

Some people have even made macros to enter and leave PG. I didn't bother with that though.

• Like 1

oh came back and read this "aotd didn't do it, 100% apocalypse" thats actually personally useful, i was doing both, thanks fam, i'd double like this post if i could :D

57a.jpg

• Like 2

Glad to be of any help!

But - that part about AotD

To the best of my knowledge, the book/ghoul required only comes from Apocalypse, not AotD.

I got mine by spamming Apoc, not AotD, and we have no confirmation of the book dropping from an AotD cast. (atleast according to my research)

There are also reports that you can just keep using apoc on the bronze dps challenge in proving grounds and keep resetting it and that the book can even drop in there. (originally to be thought only to have chance to drop in the Broken Isles, hence the entering PG and exiting to Acherus dummies as it counts as Broken isles)

I cannot personally confirm this though.

Edited by timmo900

Got mine with the following

AR rank 6
AoD Menagarie Glyph
Enter proven grounds
Bronze tank challenge
Death grip add
Hit below macro  (returns true / false reading if you've hit the 2000 ghoul mark)

#showtooltip
/cast Apocalypse
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44188))

Once summoned, if FALSE
Click on NPC , select YIELD
Reclick NPC commend Bronze Tank Challenge 
Repeat as Above.

Got mine after an hour. 
No need to leave the proven grounds.

Its easier to stand next to the guy activate the tank bronze one.
death Grip over festering strike 8 wound apocalypse pop then yield.

Once stun is over repeat.

What he said (Skorn)

Edited by Desruc
was already said

All Good, Like i said before I can only report my findings so far, I will update the first post to include the confirmed information you have provided.

Cheers!

13 hours ago, Desruc said:

Its easier to stand next to the guy activate the tank bronze one.
death Grip over festering strike 8 wound apocalypse pop then yield.

Once stun is over repeat.

What he said (Skorn)

This method will likely be better. Doing it myself I found the loading times (albeit i was installing at the time) where pretty murderous. I just need to put in a movie or something and get ready to grind away. It's been awhile since i hardcore focused on something so i need to get back into the swing of things. OG maplestory up, and farm same thing for 18 hours XD

Yeah, I should have stated you can stand next to the NPC in proven grounds and Death Grip the mob to you so you don't actually have to move at all during this process.  Once burnt into muscle memory after about 10 mins, it becomes ever so quick to rinse repeat, much more so than leaving and re-entering etc.

Edited by Skorn

5 hours ago, demonardvark said:

This method will likely be better. Doing it myself I found the loading times (albeit i was installing at the time) where pretty murderous. I just need to put in a movie or something and get ready to grind away. It's been awhile since i hardcore focused on something so i need to get back into the swing of things. OG maplestory up, and farm same thing for 18 hours XD

Think i farmed for like 8-10 hours
very pleased when it dropped hehe..

Tho as you might have gueesed i main blood, yet there is no sign of the blood one :((

49 minutes ago, Desruc said:

Think i farmed for like 8-10 hours
very pleased when it dropped hehe..

Tho as you might have gueesed i main blood, yet there is no sign of the blood one :((

blood one was one of the first to be found

it drops from the withered training scenario in the big chest at the end, the lowest recorded score was 570 on drop, they aren't sure if it requires defeating all 6 bosses ( i was wondering if time limit but that seems to have no impact) or just plain RNG. so yeah, every 3 days you get a shot with the withered training

i completed it, killed all enemies had a score over 700 something, had 48 withered when i finished, and it didn't drop, so i think its more min score + RNG kinda deal.

17 hours ago, demonardvark said:

it drops from the withered training scenario in the big chest at the end, the lowest recorded score was 570 on drop, they aren't sure if it requires defeating all 6 bosses ( i was wondering if time limit but that seems to have no impact) or just plain RNG. so yeah, every 3 days you get a shot with the withered training

i completed it, killed all enemies had a score over 700 something, had 48 withered when i finished, and it didn't drop, so i think its more min score + RNG kinda deal.

fun story got mine last night. went in with min possible withered, finished with score of 568, and boom was in box. i beat all bosses except for the giant mana ..... guy. was really excited to get it but slightly dissapoint as well. thought it was the scythe turns out withered gets you the big demon axe.

8 hours ago, demonardvark said:

fun story got mine last night. went in with min possible withered, finished with score of 568, and boom was in box. i beat all bosses except for the giant mana ..... guy. was really excited to get it but slightly dissapoint as well. thought it was the scythe turns out withered gets you the big demon axe.

I got mine after killing everything but the room with all the mana dudes with 600+ score, and I absolutely love the axe! I want the all the alternative skins for it, but idk a good way to get 1k HKs as blood. Idk if it makes a difference, but the run I got it, I did it as blood.

I can confirm that you dont need to click the book. You just need to spawn it. Made a macro to spam apocalypse over the night and spawned the book got mad that i missed the spawn but went to icc anyways and got the hook.

15 hours ago, Lifvana said:

I got mine after killing everything but the room with all the mana dudes with 600+ score, and I absolutely love the axe! I want the all the alternative skins for it, but idk a good way to get 1k HKs as blood. Idk if it makes a difference, but the run I got it, I did it as blood.

the 1k kill is actually easier than you may think because i do believe (i could be wrong) that honorable kills count, ie as long as you tag them and you die you get cred. so with the bonus bg going on this week its actually an amazing time to get the red one

11 hours ago, Borromac said:

I can confirm that you dont need to click the book. You just need to spawn it. Made a macro to spam apocalypse over the night and spawned the book got mad that i missed the spawn but went to icc anyways and got the hook.

good to know :)

On 10/19/2016 at 1:35 AM, demonardvark said:

It's possible to get the blood one from nightfallen cache - that's where I got mine. 

Sorry to hijack this thread to mention something else about the blood dk hidden appearance, but there seems to be a bug - I only have 88 honor kills (according to armory), but I got the 1k honor kills skin unlocked, somehow. The 200 wq and 100 dungeons one was easy, you should get that just by playing the game. 

4 hours ago, Aegis said:

Sorry to hijack this thread to mention something else about the blood dk hidden appearance, but there seems to be a bug - I only have 88 honor kills (according to armory), but I got the 1k honor kills skin unlocked, somehow. The 200 wq and 100 dungeons one was easy, you should get that just by playing the game. 

if anything i would report the bug to blizz, however, im going to go get 100 kill honor kills real quick before you do XD

• Like 1