Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Starym

wow Suramar City From (Way) Above

6 posts in this topic

8xIOyoC.png

A breathtaking view from far above the city, as well as some other great screenshots and art of the place.

Obviously for a lot of us Suramar City is THE highlight of Legion, and I was just reminded of how great it was today by this image from reddit, showcasing the city in its full glory from above (unfortunately in spirit-realm form):

N5tvIPd.png

The image was taken by going straight up in one of the areas (area?) where you can fly when dead and reaching the maximum height. And since one image isn't really enough for a whole post, I'll just go ahead and slap on a ton of Suramar art and screenshots from all over the place, because despite the fact we go through the city every day, they are still quite arresting: Also it may all be an illusionwhatareyouhiding.

hWkqGLl.png

J0I1Y0N.jpg

QPfYKFoh.jpg    OAAwoYL.jpg

shem-dawson-suramar-dungeon-03.jpg?14727    shem-dawson-suramar-dungeon-05.jpg?14727

843ffaf7bdaf417ff5de19269ffb8347bf21bdfa    c0fed999aea5482398bb1017b805ac8ab8de2444

suramar_city_by_steelbella-dah0lcj.jpg

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

yeah blizz outdid themselves with suramar, maybe after nighthold we can live there :D (cough proper player housing could totes be a thing there)

4 hours ago, demonardvark said:

yeah blizz outdid themselves with suramar, maybe after nighthold we can live there :D (cough proper player housing could totes be a thing there)

That's one of the things I hate most about Legion tbh, that they completely ignored the good parts of the Garrison, aka the player housing view, and brought back the thing everyone hated aka the follower missions (personally I even liked the missions but I can understand why people had issues with them).

1 hour ago, Starym said:

That's one of the things I hate most about Legion tbh, that they completely ignored the good parts of the Garrison, aka the player housing view, and brought back the thing everyone hated aka the follower missions (personally I even liked the missions but I can understand why people had issues with them).

i mean if nothing else the statues could go in order halls

Suramar has definately been the highlight of Legion for me.  The city is wonderful and feels alive.  The art for it is amazing and the way you progress and move through it is awesome.  I love the layers of it the vastness of the city but more importantly the way the quests and the storyline are for it.  The nightfallen questlines are fantastic!

On 10/17/2016 at 7:14 PM, Darkjester79 said:

The nightfallen questlines are fantastic!

Totally love them, but right now, after the 6th alt, it gets a bit... lengthy :p That's my own fault though, they weren't made to be redone that many times I am sure!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      A new developer Q/A with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas is scheduled for December 7. You can submit your questions either via forums or Twitter using the hashtag #LegionQA.
      All questions will be answered live on Twitch.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      Join us live on Twitch Wednesday, December 7, as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A. He’ll be answering many of your World of Warcraft questions.
      Feel free to submit any World of Warcraft questions by posting in this forum thread or via Twitter using the hashtag #LegionQA.
      We’re really looking forward to getting the chance to dive in and answer as much as we can, so we hope to see you Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. PST!
      (Source)
      We'll bring you the highlights once the Q/A comes to a close as we did last time, after the post-BlizzCon Q/A.
    • By Stan
      Mischief has been added to the Battle.net Shop and is now available for purchase for $10. 100% of the proceeds are donated to Make-A-Wish. A plush version of the pet can be purchased in the Gear Store for $25.
      The pet was supposed to be live yesterday, but got delayed.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      This holiday season, warm your hearth with a fuzzy little ball of fel fire. Meet Mischief, a curious kitten who followed the Burning Legion into Azeroth and is now looking for an Order Hall to call home.
      This new World of Warcraft® in-game pet is up for adoption now in the in-game Shop and the Battle.net Shop, with a plush companion available in the Gear Store—and for a limited time, when you purchase either one, you’ll be helping a great cause in the process.
      Mischief In-Game Pet
      Starting now until December 31, 2016, when you adopt the in-game version of Mischief, 100% of the purchase price ($10 in the US; pricing varies by region) will be donated to Make-A-Wish, helping give wish kids across the globe strength and courage as they fight their illnesses. 
      BUY NOW
      Mischief Plush
      If you’re looking for a fel feline to cuddle IRL (that won’t leave scorch marks on your furniture), the first batch of our new glow-in-the-dark Mischief Plush toys is now available for $25 each in the Blizzard Gear Store—and until December 31, sales of the the plush will benefit Make-A-Wish. Visit the Blizzard Gear Store to learn more.
      BUY NOW
        For more information about Make-A-Wish in the United States, visit wish.org. Outside the United States, visit worldwish.org.
      (Source)
    • By Stan
      Patch 7.1.5 brings tweaks to secondary stats as mentioned in the post-BlizzCon Q/A. The developers shared their insight how they are fixing the issue and highlighted several goals.
      Players are currently passing up +15 item levels in favor of secondary stats. This issue is fixed by increasing the amount of rating you need per percentage of a secondary stat. To improve rings and necks by only having secondary stats means that your choices of secondary stats in Legion are impactful, however, secondary stat distribution still dominates the choice of which items to equip. In 7.1.5, they increased how item level affects the amount of stats on Legion rings and necks. Significant item level jumps will be a clearer indicator of an upgrade. There are still situations where secondary stats are still a prevailing indicator to item level on Legion rings and necks. The last goal is not to lower player power. While in the latest build, player power is down a few percent compared to live. To make up for this As a compensation, a future build will increase the amount of stats granted by all items above item level 800 to account for this gap, such that the overall power of equipped items is the same if not slightly higher than it is now in 7.1. Additional tuning on a spec-by-spec basis will be done, because this will affect all classes differently. TL;DR
      Item level will become a more impactful indicator related to upgrades in Patch 7.1.5. The amount of rating required per percentage of a secondary stat has been increased. These changes will impact classes differently and more tuning will come on a spec-by-spec basis. Here's a blue post by Josh Alen.
      Lore
      The changes to secondary stat ratings in 7.1.5 have a few goals, and certain pieces are not yet in the current build.

Goal 1: Increase the importance of item level as a guideline for upgrading items. Moreso than in the past, large item level increases are not a reliable indicator of an upgrade due to the variance in power of secondary stats on an item. Increasing the amount of rating that you need per percentage of a secondary stat tips the balance of an item’s power more heavily toward primary stat. We’re okay with very small item level upgrades being a tougher choice, but some specs are currently passing up 15+ item levels in favor of secondary stats. That shouldn’t be something players are encouraged to do – with the occasional exception on rings and necks, which brings us to our second goal.

Goal 2: Improve rings and necks. The removal of primary stats from those slots on Legion gear means that your choices of secondary stats there are impactful, which we like. However, they still suffer from the problem of secondary stat distribution dominating the choice of which item to equip. We’ve increased how heavily item level affects the amount of stats on Legion rings and necks in 7.1.5, which will make significant item level jumps a clearer indicator of an upgrade on these slots. You’ll still find situations in which secondary stat choice is more important than item level for rings and necks, which is intentional; we’re just dialing it back a bit.

Goal 3: Don’t lower player power. This is a key part of the overall strategy that isn’t yet complete. Right now, on the PTR, player power is definitely down a few percent compared to live. The next build will have changes that increase the total amount of stats given by all items above level 800 to account for this gap, such that the overall power of your equipped items should be about the same (if not slightly higher) than it is currently in 7.1. 

As you might expect, these changes will affect some classes more strongly than others. More overall character power will come from your primary stats than it did before, so all of your abilities will hit harder, even if they crit less or happen less frequently. Additionally, as we continue tuning for Patch 7.1.5, we’ll make adjustments as necessary on a spec-by-spec basis.
      Apologies if I'm reading this wrong. But it sounds like the plan is to make us require more of a secondary stat, then provide us a higher value of secondary stats on existing gear. Isn't this counterproductive or am I just derp?
      It's a tough bit of mathematical gymnastics that's tough to explain succinctly, but the long and the short of it is that the way that the item's primary stat (or sheer amount of secondary stats, in the case of rings and necks) make the higher-ilevel piece an upgrade more often.
      I think they need to look into specs that rely on extreme cases of secondary dependence and adjust those specs accordingly. This blanket nerf is going to cause more problems.
      That's what I was getting at in the last paragraph.
      (Source)
    • By Khayman
      Hey guys! Just want to share my experience as survival hunter so far! I used icy veins giude for long time, assuming that versaility is best stat choice for surv, but after some tests i tried to drop versatility to pump mastery. Well as result i'v raised my dps (874 ilvl) from 235k to 307k on boss dummy and 280k-290k in raid (tested on Odyn, and Emerald nightmare). I'm currently running 29% crit, 25% haste, 14% mastery, 1% versatility. Pumping mastery gave me a huuuuge dmg increase cause basically i always have 2-3 moongose bite on. I tried to switch back to versatility gear since i got a lucky trinket drop (885 agi-haste wq trinket), but i had too many dead times w/o focus and it was a great dps lost!
      Of course in some fights i have to switch in BM or MM just to help our healers cause we have too many melee in guild XD, but i'd like to know if there are some hunters currently using  surv spec in hero/mithycs raid or 8+ mithycs dungeons.
      Here is my armory link just in case you wanna give it a check! http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/pozzo-delleternita/Khâyman/advanced

• By Starym
      A new month is here, the last of the year, in fact, and we get our very own preview of what's coming up in the next 30ish days! Highlights include the PvP Season rollower, Winter Veil, the Darkmoon Faire and a list of all the upcoming weekly events!
      Blizzard (source)
      December is here, and that means the end of the year! There’s much to see and do, and we have our eye on what the community's up to, too. In this December edition of This Month in WoW, we're looking forward to some of the more remarkable things going on in the World of Warcraft community.
      December 4: The Great Collegiate Dungeon Race Concludes
      Look out for the end of a six-week crusade—the teams in the Great Collegiate Dungeon Race are conquering Mythic Keystone dungeons and competing for a share of $20,000 in scholarship prizing! Are there adventurers on your campus who have what it takes to destroy the Burning Legion?
      The Grand Finals take place on December 4. Check out the standings here.
      December 13: Legion PvP Season Rollover
      On December 13 at 6:00 a.m. PST, Legion PvP Season 1 will come to a close. But the battle will pick up again just two hours later at 8:00 a.m. PST, when Legion PvP Season 2 begins!

Here are some quick details:
      Legion Season 1 titles and mounts will be awarded approximately two weeks after the season ends. With Legion Season 2, the maximum number of times you can Prestige will increase from 4 to 8. Weekly Rated Quest rewards will increase. The transmog look for Season 2 PvP reward gear will remain the same as Season 1, so if you haven’t gotten your full set, you still have time! WoW Podcasts
      When you find yourself looking for a new show to check out over the holidays, consider a few of our favorites:

For Azeroth! (New)
      Featuring Jocelyn Moffett and Garrett Weinzierl
      Amovetv on YouTube
      Final Boss
      Featuring Bay
       on Twitter
      The Instance  
      Featuring Scott Johnson, Mark “Turpster” Turpin, Patrick Beja, and Willie “Dills” Gregory
      @instanceshow on Twitter
      All Things Azeroth
      Featuring Medros, Toasty, and Phandeth
      @AllThingsAz on Twitter
      Holidays
      Feast of Winter Veil [December 16-January 2]
      The Feast of Winter Veil is one of the most anticipated events of the year! While enjoying a freshly nutmegged cup of nog, and crunching on a crumbly cookie or two, be sure to visit Greatfather Winter in Ironforge if you’re Alliance, or Great-father Winter in Orgrimmar if you’re Horde. While there, you’ll find a few treats, and surely a few tasks to take on as well.

Greatfather Winter is visiting the great cities of Ironforge and Orgrimmar—courtesy of the fine folks of Smokywood Pastures—and he's spreading cheer in celebration of the Feast of Winter Veil. But, all the cheer—spreading is making Greatfather Winter hungry, and he's looking for helpful adventurers to fetch him some milk and cookies.
      Darkmoon Faire [December 4-11]
      The wondrous and mystical Darkmoon Faire returns to Azeroth on December 4, and if you haven’t completed all of Silas Darkmoon’s new Darkmoon Races, now’s the time! Test your speed and agility on a variety of racing mounts as you dodge electrifying obstacles and zip all over Darkmoon Island for rewards and achievements. You may also want to take a few moments to be a kid again by going for a ride on the new Darkmoon Seesaw.
      The faire continues to be one of the best ways to acquire heirloom gear, and don’t forget all of the toys, mounts, and pets that can only be gotten here. There’s even a pair of Feasels!
      Bonus Events:
      The Bonus Events system consists of a rotating schedule of different activities that each grant a passive bonus to players and offer a once-per-event quest with a noteworthy reward for accomplishing a related goal. Check out the Adventure Guide in-game for a direct link to active Bonus Events, allowing you to easily accept any associated quests.
      Battleground Bonus Event — December 6-13
      While this event is active, random Battlegrounds will award Honor at an increased rate.
      Legion Dungeon Event — December 13-20
      While this event is active, the final boss of each Legion dungeon awards an extra item when defeated.
      Pet Battle Bonus Event – December 20-27
      While this event is active, your pets will earn experience at triple the usual rate.
      Timewalking Dungeon Event: The Burning Crusade — December 27-January 2
      While this event is active, players level 81 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from the Burning Crusade expansion. While Timewalking, bosses will yield loot appropriate for a player’s natural level.