FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
CottonPhD

Unholy DK needs help on Logs

Hi Guys,

first time posting here so forgive my formatting. 

Can someone who knows how to read logs properly check over my logs. 

I feel like my damage is too low for my current ilvl and my rotation isnt the best.

Arsenal : http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Duckbitt/simple

EN Normal : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q1TkvagNrFnyDG4L

EN Heroic: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jyf1KVCMJgGBz9Qw

Additionally should i switch out my Ursocs rending paw for a 835 strength/crit trinket?

Thanks in advance

I would suggest switching trinkets while i'm not 100% if it'd be optimal, it'd be very close reguardless of if it's not optimal. I wanna it's probably better than your other trinket as well. Of course gemming your gear will prove a upgrade, as well as enchants. I can't give you an exact run down of everything at this moment but I would highly suggest looking at the GK guide for EN and looking at my guide i made it contains all the proper talents and tips and tricks to each fight, you seem to be using the wrong talents on xavius. My guide is the first comment. Proper talents will prove to be around a 20-30k increase on xavius. 

Also i noticed that one of your soul reapers wasn't actually used with wounds providing 0 haste.

Edited by Drtain

13 hours ago, Drtain said:

I would suggest switching trinkets while i'm not 100% if it'd be optimal, it'd be very close reguardless of if it's not optimal. I wanna it's probably better than your other trinket as well. Of course gemming your gear will prove a upgrade, as well as enchants. I can't give you an exact run down of everything at this moment but I would highly suggest looking at the GK guide for EN and looking at my guide i made it contains all the proper talents and tips and tricks to each fight, you seem to be using the wrong talents on xavius. My guide is the first comment. Proper talents will prove to be around a 20-30k increase on xavius. 

Also i noticed that one of your soul reapers wasn't actually used with wounds providing 0 haste.

Hi 

Could you link your guides please.  Whats the GK guide.? 

Thanks in advance.

15 hours ago, Drtain said:

Thanks.

Enchants, gems and talents are the obvious ones. Is there anything else I can do like stat improvement.

I currently have 28% crit and 20% haste (Since 20% haste is soft cap i used the haste trinket with a dot proc) should I now go for other stats than crit/haste? 

I am starting Mythic this week with my guild and I feel like compared to other DD's they will out perform me.

Personally I wouldn't go below 30% crit.
Haste is fine to drop below 20% to gain more crit  (if you can keep the soft cap great, if not don't be afraid to drop a percentage or two if your crit jumps up quite a bit)

I'm at the same ilvl as you and have the following and rarely am I topped on DPS.  (though I'm finding myself being caught up due to poppy scaling)

33% crit
20% haste
42% Mastery

You should focus on stat trinkets (str + crit - most of the proc trinkets are unreliable)
Weathered Jim one is currently BiS  (Unstable Arcanocrystal)
Even the WQ trinkets with Str + Crit are more beneficial than random proc ones (if you're lucky enough to get a forged one)

EDIT- Looking at your talents
- Nythendra -  you were using Bursting Sores,  use AWS
- Xavius - you were using AWS - use Bursting Sores (cleave on horror + boss and last phase)

Edited by Skorn

@Shells

First comment is my post and the actual thread is made by Demoardvark.

As far As the getting more crit and more haste I really suggest you  sim your gear, though generally you will be looking to stay around 20% haste and finding any sort of increase in crit, and mastery/verse that won't cost you your haste cap or crit.

On 17.10.2016 at 6:03 PM, Skorn said:

Personally I wouldn't go below 30% crit.
Haste is fine to drop below 20% to gain more crit  (if you can keep the soft cap great, if not don't be afraid to drop a percentage or two if your crit jumps up quite a bit)

I'm at the same ilvl as you and have the following and rarely am I topped on DPS.  (though I'm finding myself being caught up due to poppy scaling)

33% crit
20% haste
42% Mastery

You should focus on stat trinkets (str + crit - most of the proc trinkets are unreliable)
Weathered Jim one is currently BiS  (Unstable Arcanocrystal)
Even the WQ trinkets with Str + Crit are more beneficial than random proc ones (if you're lucky enough to get a forged one)

EDIT- Looking at your talents
- Nythendra -  you were using Bursting Sores,  use AWS
- Xavius - you were using AWS - use Bursting Sores (cleave on horror + boss and last phase)

At what dps do you find yourself on fights like Urosc and Nythendra? 

Im just curious since I am rarely alone at the top.

18 hours ago, CottonPhD said:

If other classes are a similar ilvl and know their spec, you won't be at the top. It's just where we DK's are right now, and it's not a big deal. By playing properly you can get along with a group just fine, but don't expect to outdps the top classes atm.

18 hours ago, CottonPhD said:

I'm pulling in avg 290 on Nyth/Urs, slightly less if targeted by mechanics.  But as stated the glory days of topping meters are fading fast,  Last night we did a full run through of EN....

I'm averaging 2nd-3rd spot now on most fights,   Being superseded by hunters / locks / Enh Shammy / Fire Mage
Checking their gear they've caught up with me on ilvl, (previously I was about 6 ilvls higher than the next highest geared dps), so deffo shows scaling for us is garbage, technically for us to hold competitive damage we need to be 6-10 ilvls higher than other classes.....  Still maining 1st on fights like II'gy / Cenarius though, so my raid spot is not under threat just yet :P