FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mortifactor

Frost DK Help

Howdy Team, I'm not in a mentally over min maxing guild..we are 4 of 7 HC in EN...I'm not hitting a lot more than 200k

I figure I'm doing something wrong on my rotation..here's my logs from Ursoc

Logs

Armory

Any help would be fantastic...I'm pretty sure I'm missing something really obvious

Thankfully my guild aren't asking me to go unholy...I'm pretty sure I'd be hitting 300k, so I'll understand if I get the obvi role unholy chat :)

from the gate i would switch shattering strikes to icy talons and icecap to avalanche and are you only using frostscythe over obliterate when killing machine procs? also the Runic attenuation with obliteration talents can improve your overall dps on single target since your mastery is so low, if you could swap in some haste/mastery gear to get your haste mastery higher since 32% crit is over cap

basic guideline ish is 18% haste, 30% crit, and then dump everything into mastery. You need a small mountain of mastery for FsC to really overtake RA but at higher gear levels people are getting quite close. One of the more current trends im seeing is actually focusing on the crit cap, where if crit is below 30% go RA if above go FsC. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2016 at 6:45 AM, demonardvark said:

basic guideline ish is 18% haste, 30% crit, and then dump everything into mastery. You need a small mountain of mastery for FsC to really overtake RA but at higher gear levels people are getting quite close. One of the more current trends im seeing is actually focusing on the crit cap, where if crit is below 30% go RA if above go FsC. 

How much mastery do I need for FsC to overtake obliterate even without KM procs? I am mainly going to focus on mythics and mythic+, maybe some normal raids. I think I'm at 28% crit, 20% haste, 25% mastery with haste on rings/neck. Thinking of replacing those with crit and then focus on mastery while keeping 18% haste and 30% crit but I am pretty nooby so any help would be very much appreciated :P. Also with the buff to Obliterate, does the stat priority change?

15 hours ago, Lifvana said:

How much mastery do I need for FsC to overtake obliterate even without KM procs? I am mainly going to focus on mythics and mythic+, maybe some normal raids. I think I'm at 28% crit, 20% haste, 25% mastery with haste on rings/neck. Thinking of replacing those with crit and then focus on mastery while keeping 18% haste and 30% crit but I am pretty nooby so any help would be very much appreciated :P. Also with the buff to Obliterate, does the stat priority change?

45% mastery.

With the buffs the OBRA style will become dominant for pure single target for some time. Obliterate still scales like dooty cakes though so eventually eventually the machine gun style will become dominant.

(i stole this)

effects of secondary stats on Obliterate
mastery: increases frost dmg no effect on Obliterate
crit: does have a benefit but.. it conflicts with KM (a KM Obliterate could have been a regular crit which would mean you wasted the proc) does grant more crit obliterates without km proc so good
haste: rune regen -> more Obliterates per fight 
faster attack speed -> more chance on KM proc influenced by crit (but like I said crit has it problems with the way KM works).
Pretty sure their is a cap on how much haste you can stack before it gets useless don't quote me on that tho.
vers: flat out more damage (blizz remove this from the game)

tldr: OBRA needs haste and crit. So at 20% Haste 30% crit you have done pretty much all you can for OBRA (im talking maximum stat investment) at that point its just stacking mastery to eventually lean into FsC. We may find after crit cap more haste would be beneficial, so it may end up going 18% haste, 25% crit, then haste dump. However, this is with the goal of sticking with OBRA, otherwise one would act like they are shooting for machinegun and start stacking mastery after crit cap.

granted its really the same old story we've always heard. Since cata all obliterate buffs have just been bandaids, literally the conversations on frost right now are the same as they are every expac, its what led to masterfrost, its what led to howling blast spam, different expac same issues XD

• Like 1