FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kragermilton

Celestial Blessings- Yu'lon Challange.

If time allows me, I'll try to do it today. I am at 11/12 stones so I might get the time before raid start to try the legendary and see what's what. I have to admit I have absolutely no idea on what to expect going into the 5.3 Legendary quest.

Going Demo with Mannoroth's Fury and making use of your portal/gateway to kite the adds makes this fight trivial.

• Like 1

I get my last Stone tonight so i didn't do the fight myself but i hear GoSup with Voidlord and Soullink is awesome since you can stand behind Wrathion and nuke him down with 300% more dmg done.

This combined with the tips of sallyboo should make the Fight quite doable.

Edited by Illumy
  • Like 1

Same. As Demonology, I blew him up with Imps and let Hand of Guldan/Shadowflame melt the adds each time. Using a Gateway to move back and forth and keep the adds on your Fel/Wrathguard trivializes the encounter.

I didn't like using a pet because it kept running through Wrathion's cleave and turning it onto me, so I'd say GoSac. YMMV.

Grim of Sac is not ideal for any AoE situation. Wrathion's Cleave is very easy to avoid by having KJC as your Tier 6 talent. Having a pet will keep the bloods diverted. If you have no other viable target when you use your Gateway, your aggro drop will not work making this encounter require a lot more mobility.

Used Angelic Feathers throughout the room, on both sides to be able to kite the tears, mind sear and DoT them as much as possible, avoid the giant cleaves and fire rain. Took me a few attempts to get used to it, but it was a fun encounter. Also went on to do the healing one. 4-5 Greater Heals, then 1 devastating holy fire due to the encounter mechanics. PW:S + body and soul and stay near Wrathion when you have to soak up the attacks from the 4 adds. Fire Rain barely dented my cloth.

Cannot get behind him but for a few seconds...ever. Pet keeps turning him, adds kill me and the arc is complete bullshit as it gives no real indication where it really lands. It does damage outside the actual graphic? WTF?

Definitely a game killer for me. I don't even want to log on anymore. Any toon.

The above video is great, but my encounter goes nothing like that, i sometimes get the adds as soon as he aggros.

The arc is as you describe...it's an arc. Don't run to his side or away from him, run through him. He doesn't turn until he's done with the animation, so while he's charging you, run towards him so that you get behind him. This is a sustain and survive quest...and it is part of the legendary. It's not meant to be a click and turn in quest handout. It's definitely not as hard as you indicate, so slow down and focus on what you need to do. If this quest is turning you off of the entire game....well...don't go back and do Tarecgosa's stuff.

Destruction can use Fire and Brimstone:Conflagrate to kill adds. You can use the adds to Havoc Shadowburn onto Wrathion. You can use them to generate Burning Embers with Rain of Fire. You can Chaos Bolt the boss while he is doing the arc attack for a 1M+ hit. Fire and Brimstone: Immolate will heal you a great deal with Glyph of Siphon Life.

Demonology can use Shadowflame and Hand of Gul'dan to snare the adds. This also generates pretty significant Demonic Fury. If they get close, use Carrion Swarm to knock them back. If comfortable moving without KJC, Mannoroth's Fury with Hellfire/Immolation Aura can destroy the adds from a very safe distance. Use Demonic Leap for movement when a Gateway is out of reach or you're on cooldown from it.

Affliction can Soulburn Curse of Exhaustion and snare the adds for a significant amount of time. You can use the adds as Soul Shard batteries by planting a Soulburn:Seed of Corruption on them and generating tons of Corruption ticks. This will also produce a lot of healing with the Glyph of Siphon Life.

All Warlocks can take Harvest Life if you need the healing. Otherwise, take Soul Leech. Take Shadowfury if you need the stun or Mortal Coil if you want the heal every 45 sec. Sacrificial Pact is big on absorbing damage you might take.

Ok i got my cloak yesterday.

I did it as Demo with GoSup, Voidlord, Soullink, Mannoroths

Send in Void, pop everything and nuke him while standing behind him. The first adds came at 8% Boss HP so i simply ignored them. He did not even do his Mirror Image Thingy so MF was useless.....

All in all a dissapointing walk in the Park.

Tip if you have dmg Problems : Get the inv_misc_coin_17.jpgCelestial Offering from the August Celestials Quartermaster in the Capital City. That gives you a 10% Int Buff while you are near the Temple.

Edited by Syntii

didn't realize this was supposed to be difficult. maybe i outgeared it at 525. went as destro and i think i was in my "warbringer soloing' talent suite. (leech, coil, soul link, supremacy, mannoroth's)

doing the portals as seen in that video just seemed like common sense. and it was just rain of fire, focused havoc macro on boss and snipe adds with shadowburn and heal as needed.

got it last week. easy peasy.

Got my cloak today after getting the quest last night and a few frustrating tries as a 525 Aff lock. Watched the vid and setup as stated but dealing with the adds was for lack of a better word "bull". Glyph into glyph of exhaustion to slow the adds and as Zagam suggested run thru Wrathion to place yourself behind him and burn his @$$ down...easy peasy!!Definitely wasn't as hard as the GREEN FIRE quest but a slight challenge if you stick to whats been said...Me, as a lock,i say burn him down asap.I never saw the other phases of the fight.

Edited by Sliquelock

Easiest way I've found as a lock (since we don't have a 100% aggro dump) is to place your teleporter on the railing next to the dragon. Start fight on the ground w/voidlord. Once adds spawn, port up onto the railing and move your pet up onto the terrace. The adds will stand still and evade your shots, but Wrathion will continue to fight your pet and not evade your attacks. Even better, his 180deg aoe attack won't hit you up there although the firey void zone can

I did the fight today.

Tooks me 24second to kill him.

I bursted like 940k dps.

Edited by JvChequer

I did the fight today.

Tooks me 24second to kill him.

I bursted like 940k dps.

i think the RP for that fight is longer than 24 seconds... >.>

i think the RP for that fight is longer than 24 seconds... >.>

I already saw all videos and stuff, just wanna the cape :P

I just walked in without knowing anything, did damage, dodged shit and collected my cape after I realized I needed to turn the quest in outside and not at the inn. I was pretty close to submitting a bug report after I couldn't find any mention of a bug on Wowhead. It's kewl though, apparently the same dragon can be sitting in an inn and standing outside next to a cliff simultaneously.

ON THAT NOTE! I needed 1 runestone yesterday to finish my cape before raid, so I queue for Pinnacle of Storms. Iron Qon and Twins refuse to drop it so I get it on Lei Shen. The prince spawns and is like, "blah blah, you did some crazy shit here, blah blah, good job killing this duder." So I turn in the runestones and this piece of shit has the audacity to say, "OH YEAH!! I need you to kill him again because the last time I watched you kill him I forgot to ask you to remove his heart as well, I need a snack later so if you could go ahead and do that, that'd be greeeeeeat, thaaaanks Peter."

2 LFR's before raid and then Yu'lon while my raid is doing Jin'Rokh. That bastard Black Prince.

Edited by Omaric

I just did it right now, after many (many!) deaths. From searching this and other forums, I am starting to get the feeling that there is no "right" approach, only things that work for different people, I guess depending on their skill (mine being at the lowest). I'll leave here some tips for Affliction, but I think these apply to everyone

1. The Voidlord proved very useful. He is indeed able to hold the adds for a little while, although he gets killed eventually. I tried to bring him back using SB, but it just doesn't work - it is unable to get aggro from the adds before they hit you

2. Stand close to Wrathion. This allows you to quickly move behind him (running INTO the arc!), which is essential

3. Use Howl of Terror in the adds as soon as they appear. I didn't have time to kill Wrathion before they came back, but it gave me a lot of time.

4. Wait to use the Doomguard until he is at 20%. For some reason, every time I started the challenge with the Doomguard, adds would appear right away and make it impossible

5. After the 2-3 first arcs, run away from Wrathion. He will case this voidzone that hits you for 45k per tick, and you want to make him drop it somewhere that it doesn't bother you. As soon as it has been cast, run back to him and keep going

6. You need to save your cooldowns for the very end, when the adds come back and kill your VL. Sacrificial Pact proved key here, as well as a nice heartsone and Dark Regeneration.

All in all, I admit I was lucky at the end, but this worked. Good luck to everyone! The feeling when you beat it is definitely worth the effort :)

Just got my heart and did mine, so I wanted to add my experience while it was still fresh.

Wait a few minutes so your trinkets are fresh. Go ring the gong. Get behind Wrathion and pre-pot.

When the fight starts, start hardcasting DoTs. Once trinkets are up, pop DS, SB:SS Doomguard and go to town, staying behind him. He should be >50% when adds up come. Shadowfury, and use regular CoEx on each of them. By the time I finished this, Wrathion should be under 10%, probably less. Finish him off by channeling DS on your original supercharged dots.

Worked for me at a 520 item level as Affliction, with GoSac, KJC and Shadowfury as the only talents that mattered. No special glyphs. Easy peasy. Took one attempt to figure things out, another to kill him.

Edited by Annoroth

Completed as destruction by using the railing on the back of the balcony and letting my VL tank boss and adds.

Pre-fight, positioned demonic circle on the railing. Nuked hard at start. At add spawn, used Howl of Terror, moved to balcony and positioned VL in the center while I teleported up to railing. Nuked boss hard when he followed VL and continued to focus it.

When boss went down for split, he was less then 10%. You can't kill the adds while on the railing, but your VL can - you just need to keep it up. I used some Health Funnel during this phase.

When split done, jumped down off railing to aggro boss and adds, which brings boss back up to balcony, then teleported back up to railing. Finished him off once he came up to balcony. VL died near the end, but not an issue by then.

Note that you need to use the back half of the balcony or you'll die to aoe damage during split phase. My iLvl was 525 and I averaged about 120K dps. I did not pre-pot or use a food buff, since I was just trying out strats.

Cloak is nice - looks good too. First one in a while I haven't mogged.

Edited by Toyboxx

Note that you need to use the back half of the balcony or you'll die to aoe damage during split phase.

I didn't have any problems staying on the main floor