FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kragermilton

Celestial Blessings- Yu'lon Challange.

Affliction, ilvl 526. KJC, GoSup w/VW. Set up demon gate and personal portal. Popped all cooldowns at the pull, DPS him from behind, when bloods come, just run like a baby and use KJC to it's fullest. Get to a gate and port through. I didn't bother dps'ing the adds at all and Wrathion was dead in a minute or less.

Demo, ilvl 525 at the time. pre-pot, regular burst start rotation. saved wrathguard's aoe for adds. they popped, went full aoe retard mode, popped everything. they died, back to caster form, hit him up with all sorts of soulfires and shadow bolts. spawned clones, meta form, immolation aura. adds spawned again, recast wrathguard, popped back into meta and beat him down with soulfires. ilvl 531 now, feels good man

Well as destruction I used terrorguard first before fight go onto terrace fly up to roof just above and get on the edge and place a teleport there. then go down and start fight with terrorguard burn boss till adds come out tele to the roof and move your terror out to terrace to pull wrathion out and kill him from roof, if your terror guard dies you can summon him as jumping off roof and tele back up. do not worry about when he is inside doing mirror image when he is not doing it send terror in after him to agro him and move back outside slow to do this way but don't worry about the adds

Getting butt kicked on this.  Tried balcony, kiting etc .  Guess I suck as based on posts with 525 gear I should be able to crush him.  Any tips?  Should I go destro or Aff?  Never played Demo.   Getting flashbacks to Green fire and wanting to punch my monitor :)

I honestly don't know how people are having a problem with this fight.  Yeah, at 525, it should be pretty much a cakewalk.

I went into the fight not knowing a single bit of it.  I died 5 times using Demo/KJC:

1)Slimes - hit harder than I would have imagined they would.  Portals put of to warp around.

2)Frontal cone attack -  Oops

3)Many dudes, handle them!  - Not fast enough

4)Many dudes, handle them!  - Not fast enough

5)Many dudes, handle them!  - Not fast enough.... ok, this is getting old.

So I switched to Demo/Mannoroth's Fury and 1-shot it.  Demo and Destro should be able to do this just fine with Mannoroth's Fury since they have the easiest AoE's (Immolation/Rain of Fire) to nuke when Wrathion does his little split maneuver.  They don't have much health.  Demo has Hand of Guldan to slow the slimes in addition to hitting them all, but Destro might be able to kill them faster.

Comparing this to green fire is a joke; it's not even close to the difficulty and total shitstorm that that was.

Affliction, ilvl 526. KJC, GoSup w/VW. Set up demon gate and personal portal. Popped all cooldowns at the pull, DPS him from behind, when bloods come, just run like a baby and use KJC to it's fullest. Get to a gate and port through. I didn't bother dps'ing the adds at all and Wrathion was dead in a minute or less.

thanks for this. Im about to get the rest of my stones hopefully next reset and wanted to start looking into this. I know everyone seemed to do Kanrethad as demo but me being stubborn and hard headed wanted to stick with affliction. Was almost thinking about demo again for this encounter and was hoping to see someone here that used aff.

one question...how fast do the adds come out? i ask this because when you say you popped all CDs, did you pop a DG or infernal? I figure if they come right away then infernal, if not then DG and focus him.

I just like affliction way too much to try the other specs out...like...that clingy girlfriend kinda like too much...its most likely some psychological problem.

Edited by vaeevictiss

Getting butt kicked on this.  Tried balcony, kiting etc .  Guess I suck as based on posts with 525 gear I should be able to crush him.  Any tips?  Should I go destro or Aff?  Never played Demo.   Getting flashbacks to Green fire and wanting to punch my monitor smile.png

I stayed AFF for this @525(now im 534)...just glyph into exhuastion to slow the adds and when they are slowed burn him...save a shard for the slowing of adds and keep burning him...make sure to run thru him(when he casts the AOE) so you can be behind him to take advantage of the buff...you should not see the other phases...DONE!!!

Edited by Sliquelock

I stayed AFF for this @525(now im 534)...just glyph into exhuastion to slow the adds and when they are slowed burn him...save a shard for the slowing of adds and keep burning him...make sure to run thru him(when he casts the AOE) so you can be behind him to take advantage of the buff...you should not see the other phases...DONE!!!

two questions...

with your VW tanking him...should you be able to just stand behind him the entire time? (obviously aside from running from adds)

also, is that 250% damage buff all the time, or only after he casts the aoe?

EDIT: just watched a video...am i the only one that didnt know Yu'lon was a chick haha. I could have swore he had a male voice during the twins encounter.

Edited by vaeevictiss
  • Like 1

two questions...

with your VW tanking him...should you be able to just stand behind him the entire time? (obviously aside from running from adds)

also, is that 250% damage buff all the time, or only after he casts the aoe?

EDIT: just watched a video...am i the only one that didnt know Yu'lon was a chick haha. I could have swore he had a male voice during the twins encounter.

Others can chime in on this as im not 100% sure

1. I used the Observer moreso for more damage(only time i ever use the VW is for Dark Animus to hold aggro on the little dudes). At some point after the AOE he does an animation and spins towards you anyway,keep watch on slowing the adds and try to stay close so when he casts it again you can run thru him,and youll be behind him. This is also the best way to avoid damage from the AOE too.

2. As for the buff i think its up as long as your behind him..i cant call it and dont wanna lie....i just opened hard on him,slowed the adds(with glyphed curse of exhaustion) ran thru his cast to be behind him and rinse and repeated this. As i said I never saw the second phase and this is allowing that i was hitting 300-350k dps on him also.

I ended up doing the dump aggro and run to the balcony approach. Took me a couple tries to get the aggro 100% gone, but once I did it was easy. Probably could have been patient and killed the bloods, but eh, I am not patient. Never even saw the mirror images, as they don't run up to the balcony.

Ha, well I defeated him, but now I can't figure out how to turn in the quest. I went to the veiled stair and he was there but without a ? and all he wanted to do was yap at me. So I flew back to the temple and he was inside waiting to fight, but not anywhere where I could turn in a quest. I really hate submitting tickets, but I have no clue what is up with this.

Ah, found him at Mason's Folly.

Edited by Errinkel