FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Obas

How are Balance Druids in PVE atm?

Haven't had the time to play my boomie in quite a while, but a few days ago on Nalak, I had a friend joining on his boomie main. He was top DPS with 180k at the end. Below is his profile. Not sure if this completely answers your question though Posted Image

Had to link it from there since he logged out in his resto spec and gear, and wow-heroes allows seing both specs.

http://www.wow-heroe...ridon/mikoslav/

Edited by MoacaBogdan

Probably the weakest DPS at the moment. My guildies raging 24/7 because they do more DPS on their 89s x class while leveling. If you use CDs, you can earn some awesome DPS but that's temporary.

Balance druid are fine. They aren't the best DPs, but when played correctly (just like any other class) you can contribute fairly well to your group as well as having really nice raid utility (typhoon on Heroic Council, HotW tranquility's, etc)

here are some logs, we usually run 2-3 Balance druids in our 25 man raid.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6snu96zk9xqp0u8t/sum/damageDone/?s=9099&e=9505

They really need high-level gear to shine. Once they get to that point, they are unstoppable, but it's a rough journey.

• Like 1

They really need high-level gear to shine. Once they get to that point, they are unstoppable, but it's a rough journey.

This is very true as well. I forgot about that.

Thanks so much for the replies I have an elemental shaman,frost dk and mage at 90 and couldn't decide whether i should level my shadow priest or balance druid to 90 next

INNERVATE. 'nuff said (at least for healers who don't like ooming).

Well, if that was the only factor, I'd much rather have a shadow priest with hymn of hope.

Regardless, balance does give decent raid utility..

What would that high level gear be....because currently i am 507ilvl....and like mentioned, with my cds i touch good dps and then it drops from something like 120k to 75k and then would have to wait for those cds again....

so if you have an idea how much i would have to slog to maintain that dps(meaning ilvl how much i would need to maintain)....it would be highly appreciated....

Thank you,

Reaper

Edited by Reaperofsoul

to i think it was reaper of soul, who was asking bout ilvs correlation to dmg.

As some one whose picked up boomy a month ago it would seem the gear score scales not quite exponentially but really well.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Wrexn/simple

Is the link to my boomy whose @ ilevel 516, with cds hes pulling 200-210k and without im sitting on around 105-110k. it would seem that as you are able to reach hit and haste caps easier more reforging into crit allows more starsurge procs to occur. this seems to make the gear curve quite sharp as there are alot of caps to get before being able to prioritize crit.

my dps was shitty a few ilvls ago, trinkets and the right ones seem to make a huge difference too.

to i think it was reaper of soul, who was asking bout ilvs correlation to dmg.

As some one whose picked up boomy a month ago it would seem the gear score scales not quite exponentially but really well.

http://eu.battle.net...ht/Wrexn/simple

Is the link to my boomy whose @ ilevel 516, with cds hes pulling 200-210k and without im sitting on around 105-110k. it would seem that as you are able to reach hit and haste caps easier more reforging into crit allows more starsurge procs to occur. this seems to make the gear curve quite sharp as there are alot of caps to get before being able to prioritize crit.

my dps was shitty a few ilvls ago, trinkets and the right ones seem to make a huge difference too.

Thank you for your reply,

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Dudutank/simple

This is my link for my boomy, as you suggested, i think i would require the trinket that you currently have....and remove my trinks(if i am not mistaken) the reforging wise i am just a lil lower than you in crit....and spell power....

So basically it is true that once you touch the desired ilvl guessing above 510+ you start to do the require amount of dps in ToT...(with all the movements and shit guessing you need 515+)

Thank you again wrexn...will just have to work a on getting all the 522 gear from valor for now....since my luck with drops havent been that great...

Thank you again.

Cheers,

Reaper

boomkin dps doesn't get competitive until your gear is enough to hit the 10289 haste breakpoint (and still have some crit). (around 525-530 depending on what secondary stats your offsets have)

You can do the required bursts for fights like Jinrock, Ji-kun (if you find that your fellow dps didn't make it to the nest) with CD's.

and yes, you add a LOT of utility as a boomkin in the raid that should more than make up for you not topping charts until you reach those breakpoints.

Like a of people before me have said, they really start to shine at 515+ ilvl.

Currently my boomy OS (ms is resto) is at 517 ilvl and I during burst I can get up to 200-300k-ish dps (depending on trinket procs) and I usually end fights at about 150k (conservative estimate). Granted, I only dps for jin-rokh, horidon(which is soo much fun as boomy), council and tortos. Boomkins can really cheese meters in those fights though. With my ilvl I ended horidon last night with 215k dps.

But yeah, boomkin aren't bad. You just really need to know the class, and have the gear.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Drooden/simple <~~~ my armory. sorry if I have heal gear equipped.. it will change.

Edited by Drooden

boomkin dps doesn't get competitive until your gear is enough to hit the 10289 haste breakpoint (and still have some crit). (around 525-530 depending on what secondary stats your offsets have)

You can do the required bursts for fights like Jinrock, Ji-kun (if you find that your fellow dps didn't make it to the nest) with CD's.

and yes, you add a LOT of utility as a boomkin in the raid that should more than make up for you not topping charts until you reach those breakpoints.

Well i tried the haste increase....bad idea...will have to wait till i cross atleast 515+ilvl

Moonkins are in a great spot atm in terms of dps the only problem is that they only get to this point once you start getting really good gear. I know that sounds like the "no shit you get good dps with gear" statement of the century but you have to remember that some classes change drastically based upon some of their stats.

Take a fire mage for example try to play one at 500IL you will want to gouge your eyes out because you have like 15% crit and you never get pyros and your combustions are total crap now get to 40% crit and a 530 IL all of a sudden you are a freaking monster because you are critting nostop and you have endless pyros and your combustions are epic.

Same thing goes with a moonkin at low IL's you have a hard time getting to a high % of Natures Grace uptime since you dont proc enough starsurges and you cant get through your cycles quickly and let me tell you about hard casting a starfire that isnt in lunar eclipse that takes 34 years and does almost no damage. However once you are able to get to the 10289 haste mark and stay above 10,000 crit things start to get really juicy and you are getting SS procs galore and you are going between eclipses really quickly and your natures grace uptime is amazing.

Now on top of the entire exponential scaleing that we have is the legendary meta gem. Now this isnt very widely known but blizzard used the legendary meta gem to balance classes so every single class and spec has a different proc coefficient based upon how much dps and how much benefit blizzard thought each class would get from them to make sure that things were balanced. So like say an affliction warlock will have approx a 15-20% uptime on the meta. Now moonkins will be 40-55% uptime on the meta since they deemed we needed more help which makes it HUGE for us.

I would say the best route for progression of gear would be something like this

1. Your first benchmark should be the 5273 haste point this is very easy to hit.

2. After 5273 stack crit until you are at ~10,000 crit

3. Go to next haste point of 10,289

4. Crit all the way

5 pick up the meta somewhere along the way the meta itself wont change your stat priority though.

If you stick to this you will see your dps go up drastically as you hit like 14,000 crit at the 10289 haste point with the meta you will be near top form at this point.

The last thing that I think that holds a lot of new moonkins back these days is the simple fact that we arent movement friendly at all really.and you really have to go into fights with a good plan as to how/when you are going to move we arent warlocks or hunters who can just run around doing 100% of our dps. Great times to plan moves are when you hit lunar typicially you will have 3 gcds to move with Starfall then both dots and even four sometimes if you get a SS proc. However if you dont plan your moves and you end up losing 3/4/5 globals or casts in a lunar to solar cycle all of a sudden you are casting unhasted starfires that do no damage and you are taking forever to get over to lunar again and get natures grace up so the dps loss to not keeping your rotation is so much more than lets say you were a frost mage and you missed a couple frost bolts.

Overall I love where moonkins are at atm im at 528IL now with my meta and im just starting to take off in dps at about 10k haste and crit now and im getting better every day as being effective in my movements and keeping my rotation going.