4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently switched from DK Tank to Paladin Tank (Similar stat prios) and I was wondering how much haste should I aim for and is Versatility more important than Haste like AskMrRobot says? 

I raid twice a week but I mainly do M+ Content and I seem to be stuck at M+7 so if you have any advice there I will gladly take it. 

Here's a link to my Paladin. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eonar/Stenbock/simple

I am in my raid spec currently and I switch my lvl 100 talent to Last Defender when I do M+.

Any help is appreciated. :)

If you're new to pala tanking stacking versatility is the easier way to go.

As you get more experience you will want to go for more haste and mastery (value increases with more haste).
With more haste you can play in a more active way, more self-heal through LotP, more active mitigation with SotR and so on.
I'm saying experienced as you have to manage your active mitigation better when heading for haste.

1 person likes this

I second what Esc said! Your current stat weights look pretty good to me, little bit more versatility instead of crit/mastery/haste (in that order) unless you are going for stat priority for more 'experienced' prot players (as Esc put it) in which case your stat weights are good already, around 25% haste is a good number to aim for; much higher than that and it starts to taper off in value.

1 person likes this

On 22 October 2016 at 6:19 PM, AndyP said:

I second what Esc said! Your current stat weights look pretty good to me, little bit more versatility instead of crit/mastery/haste (in that order) unless you are going for stat priority for more 'experienced' prot players (as Esc put it) in which case your stat weights are good already, around 25% haste is a good number to aim for; much higher than that and it starts to taper off in value.

On 20 October 2016 at 8:40 PM, Esc said:

If you're new to pala tanking stacking versatility is the easier way to go.

As you get more experience you will want to go for more haste and mastery (value increases with more haste).
With more haste you can play in a more active way, more self-heal through LotP, more active mitigation with SotR and so on.
I'm saying experienced as you have to manage your active mitigation better when heading for haste.

Thanks a lot for the help! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kelp
      Type: Semi-hardcore
      Progression: 4/7 Mythic EN+ 2/3 Heroic ToV
      Faction: Horde
      Server: <Lustful> - [Zul’jin]
      Raid Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9pm-12am EST (Server Time)
      Apply here: lustful-guild.com or message me.

<Lustful> is currently recruiting experienced, and perspective raiders in need of an active and progression oriented mythic guild!

We are currently looking for most classes and roles:
      Healer: Medium demand.
      Range Damage: HIGH DEMAND!
      Melee damage: Medium demand.

Expectations:
      Be on time
      Have Discord for voice communication
      Have installed the required add-ons
      Prepare for raids outside of raid times (repairs, food, flasks, potions etc.)
      Know your class and raid mechanics outside of raid times
      Loot Rules:
      Loot Council
      Add-on List:
      Deadly Boss Mods
      RCLootCouncil
      Casual players are more than welcome to join for assistance in leveling, dungeons, and other content. Something is always going on within <Lustful>! Social oriented players will never be without something to do. Our Discord is available to all guild members.
      Message me for more information:
      Kelp-Zul'jin or Ragnar#11614
    • By Darkvo1ce
      Hi, I used AksMrRobot to sim my char and as I thought I'm underperforming for my ilvl according to mrRobot I should do around 300k dps with my ilvl 869 gear but I'm sitting on 200k-240k-ish I do know that I don't have any enchants on my gear which is a dps loss but I think the enchats will give me maybe only 10k which means there still 50k left which I'm missing.
      I mainly do Mythic+ dungeons but from time to time I do the raids or at least the Emerals Nightmare
      My latest log is available through this link warcraftlogs
      here is my armory link 
      I think the main issue is my bad momentum usage but maybe I'm wrong. 
      I'm looking forward to your feedback
    • By Babblet
      Location: Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof
      About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; most of our members have been playing together for years. In its older days, when most of us where young, we were more raid focused and demanded a lot from our members. Over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities with a growing list of RL responsibilities and are now, for all intents and purposes, a semi-casual raiding guild.
      At this point in time we are trying to round out our roster and eventually attempt Mythic raids once we feel comfortable with our raid composition.
      Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.
      Recruitment: Currently we are only accepting Ranged DPS.
      Legion Progression:
      [EN]    7/7 Normal - 7/7 Heroic
      [ToV]  3/3 Normal - 1/3 Heroic
      Contacts:
      Sodium#11394
    • By Grayffin
      We've been around for a long time. We've seen ups and downs. We have built a highly successful guild and lost it again.
      Now we're getting back, and we're calling on you. We're opening our guild to players, both experienced and not so much. Our common goal is to finish rebuilding the guild after series of unfortunate events. To build and train a reliable, skilled and determined group of core raiders who will work together to blast through any challenge. To maintain a friendly, relaxed environment in the guild.
      Don't get me wrong, if you join us, you're going to have your work cut out for you. But then, what joy could we have from things we haven't worked for?
      Our goals:
      Friendly and relaxed environment Reliable and skillful raiding team that could take it all the way to Mythic. Mythic+ dungeons Helping less equipped or experienced members to reach their full potential Fun We are looking for:
      Healers, particularly raid healers and Disc Priest Ranged DPS Mitigation tank (Pal, War) Contacts:
      Sukineko (GM) Grymffin (Officer) - BTag Corwan#11125 Tiranel (Officer) and pretty much anyone with <Close Knit> over their heads
    • By y3ll
      Hi guys, 
      I'm experiencing a very low dps rate since I'm playing in Legion, something I've never had in previouses addons of WoW. 
      You do an awesome job here for other retris so I guessed maybe you have some suggestions for me. 
      My amory link: Armory - Yelled
      My rotation while doing dungeons and quests is just like mentioned here in Icy Veins.  

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong now.. My dps in mythic or even heroic dungeons is WAY under the tank's dps, I'm always last in dps (except for the healer... mostly). 

I thank you guys in advance for your help!