Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dastardlyfi

Help on Tanking Trinket

10 posts in this topic

I have now, 4 trinkets that I am conflicted on using as they all seem to have decent stats and usages/passives. I am mainly tanking mythic dungeons, although our guild does normal EN but I have no problem there.

 

What do you think would be the best 2 to use in general?

 

I have the following:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137538&bonus=1507:3412

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137344&bonus=1502:3412

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137338&bonus=1507:3412

Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor

 

What do y'all think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you can post your armory so you can look at your stats we can help you more, at the moment i'm saying orb and talisman from the combo of shields and absorbs, but we need your stats to get a better justification. The goblet is kind of last place, its a very meager versatility proc so probably won't recommend that one. Actually even without armory i'm going to say orb and talisman, from the strong secondary stat gains to the shield/absorb procs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, demonardvark said:

if you can post your armory so you can look at your stats we can help you more, at the moment i'm saying orb and talisman from the combo of shields and absorbs, but we need your stats to get a better justification. The goblet is kind of last place, its a very meager versatility proc so probably won't recommend that one. Actually even without armory i'm going to say orb and talisman, from the strong secondary stat gains to the shield/absorb procs. 

Yeah without the armory its tough.

 

But generally speaking, ive been running multiple trinket combos depending on what im doing.  For example, if you are pushing tough content, I'd go orb and talisman, for the survivability and defensive use cooldowns.

If you are On a heroic daily speed run, or WQing, id throw on the Orb and the goblet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orb of Torment is not a good choice for blood dk. You obviously already have a lot of self healing. What you want to do, is to reduce the damage spikes as much as possible. Between these 4... I would say Shard and Talisman (trinket from the eye is not even worth mentioning), although i would bonus roll like a madman for Phantasmal Echo from dragons on EN and switch Shard for it asap. Echo is your BiS. Not only does it have your by far most important stat which is haste, it also has an insane passive effect. The versatility on the Talisman doesn't look very good, but the effect on the other hand is great (especially for DKs since we don't have good dmg reduction cds) so it should be fine to keep it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lance171 said:

Orb of Torment is not a good choice for blood dk. You obviously already have a lot of self healing. What you want to do, is to reduce the damage spikes as much as possible. Between these 4... I would say Shard and Talisman (trinket from the eye is not even worth mentioning), although i would bonus roll like a madman for Phantasmal Echo from dragons on EN and switch Shard for it asap. Echo is your BiS. Not only does it have your by far most important stat which is haste, it also has an insane passive effect. The versatility on the Talisman doesn't look very good, but the effect on the other hand is great (especially for DKs since we don't have good dmg reduction cds) so it should be fine to keep it.

 

I don't see why the Orb is a "bad blood dk trinket".  Everywhere you go, Haste is the #1 stat.  Plus its easy to macro the orb heal to vampiric blood, increasing that affect.

Plus, he has only 15% haste as is, not using it would be a disaster!

I also dont see how a strength trinket would help smooth out damage more than more HS's and DSs courtesy of haste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I don't see why the Orb is a "bad blood dk trinket".  Everywhere you go, Haste is the #1 stat.  Plus its easy to macro the orb heal to vampiric blood, increasing that affect.

Plus, he has only 15% haste as is, not using it would be a disaster!

I also dont see how a strength trinket would help smooth out damage more than more HS's and DSs courtesy of haste.

First of all, we have to take into consideration the fact that he is going to do mostly mythic dungs, where is as much dangerous trash packs as bosses (if not more).

It sure is true that haste is taken over any other stat, but there is more to trinkets than stats only. After using VB, together with few DSs and the work of a healer, you are hardly in any danger and if you are, 50% leech on one specific target won't help much (most probably it will simply overheal you).

15% haste is a fair point though, since it is nowhere NEAR the ideal and because of this single fact, the orb may be worth to consider.

Strength does not smooth damage, but increasing tanks dps is also a way to go for mythic dungs so its not pointless. The effect on the other hand is pretty good for both trash packs AND bosses (since it last as long as 30 sec). I also said it's not ideal and he should switch it with something better as soon as possible. It's just that i think it should work better for mythics than the orb, from my personal experience.

P.S.

Forgeting about trinkets for a sec, you should focus on stats on the rest of your gear  more than its ilvl. Sadly (or not), 5-10 ilvl difference between two items means close to nothing these days, if the seemingly weaker piece of gear has stats that suit you better (which in case of blood dk would be something along the lines of haste>mastery>=crit>versa)

Edited by Lance171

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lance171 said:

First of all, we have to take into consideration the fact that he is going to do mostly mythic dungs, where is as much dangerous trash packs as bosses (if not more).

It sure is true that haste is taken over any other stat, but there is more to trinkets than stats only. After using VB, together with few DSs and the work of a healer, you are hardly in any danger and if you are, 50% leech on one specific target won't help much (most probably it will simply overheal you).

15% haste is a fair point though, since it is nowhere NEAR the ideal and because of this single fact, the orb may be worth to consider.

Strength does not smooth damage, but increasing tanks dps is also a way to go for mythic dungs so its not pointless. The effect on the other hand is pretty good for both trash packs AND bosses (since it last as long as 30 sec). I also said it's not ideal and he should switch it with something better as soon as possible. It's just that i think it should work better for mythics than the orb, from my personal experience.

Ok you agree he takes Orb and ill agree he takes the Shard. Deal. 2 min cooldown is very nice.

Id also suggest him throwing 10% of that mastery into haste as well.  2% mastery is 2 more DS's per minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the input, yes I have slowly come to realize that all of this higher level gear doesn't have as much haste as I'd like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dastardlyfi said:

Thank you for the input, yes I have slowly come to realize that all of this higher level gear doesn't have as much haste as I'd like.

You may honestly just want to que up some randoms and experiment with what feels right to you. Of course we can theorize mathematically what would be best, however, everyone plays a bit different and the general feel and individual performance can really alter what is best for you. So, I think you have great feedback so far, from here you just need to play around and see what feels right :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Werg
      Greetings everyone!
      I'm trying to figure out if Aran's Relaxing Ruby ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=142157/arans-relaxing-ruby&bonus=3453%3A3453 ) is viable for Enhancement.
      There are 2 particular moments about it:
      Does it scale with our mastery as other trinkets or no (because it doesn't increase written damage on it)
      Does it proc often from all our attacks + according to changes in 7.1.5 on the PTR soon we will be running all with fury of air - that means even more magic attacks per second. 
      What do you think about that trinket?
      P.S. at the moment I still don't have one that's why can't test it
    • By jc2ntice
      Mythics is a newly formed guild looking to attack the high end of the 5 man content on legion..
      The guild is formed by a bunch of family/friends who used to be hard core raiders but can't commit to raiding. 
      We are running mythic+s at anytime where on, and planning on doing casual raids when there's enough time and people.  
      Even if you're not in this server,  add me up and we can sort some runs out..  Bear in mind that most of us are from the oceanic server and time differences might be an issue..  
      If you just got back to the game like us,  can't commit to specific times for raiding but want to be serious on the high end content, running alts with us or even just want to chill with us,  then this guild is for you..  
      Add me on b net, Facebook or comment here  if you have any questions 
      Naks#11341
      https://www.facebook.com/2ntice
    • By Sparkmonth
      I'm currently using Bloodthirsty Instinct (865) and Eye of Command (860). These two trinkets have worked up a good job so far but today I got Tirathon's Betrayal (880) from the bounty cache. Do you think I should change my Eye of Command with it? Kinda in the dilemma here. Any help is appreciated!
    • By Jazzlak
      So I got this 835 Meteorite Whetstone in a timewalker dungeon. Can't find any info on it anywhere. 
      How good is it really? Seems like it could be pretty damn good
       
      http://imgur.com/KDX4NTn
    • By Loxx
      Recently changed from Unholy to Frost, and im split between 3 trinkets and when and where i should use them.
      Eye of Command (865), Ursoc's Rending Paw (880), Spiked Counterweight (860).
      Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Loxxe/simple
      Thank you in advance :)