FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ef001730

Mastery Cap Assassination Rogue?

Hey guys, I am currently playing agonizing poison with an item level of 856, my stats are as follows (unbuffed);

150% Mastery

30% Crit

10% Versatility

4% Haste

I'm just wondering if there is any mastery cap? Like am I doing something wrong or should I just absolutely stack mastery as I am doing. Also, how valid is AMR's simulations, I tried simcraft and shadowcraft but found them too complex/fiddly, I like how with AMR you can import directly from the addon and everything is so nice and user friendly so I have been messing around with that to see which trinkets/rings are better etc.. etc.. AMR is currently telling me Crit > Mastery > Vers > Haste but I am still enchanting all my gear with mastery, eating mastery food etc... Thanks for your help guys.

9 minutes ago, ef001730 said:

Hey guys, I am currently playing agonizing poison with an item level of 856, my stats are as follows (unbuffed);

150% Mastery

30% Crit

10% Versatility

4% Haste

I'm just wondering if there is any mastery cap? Like am I doing something wrong or should I just absolutely stack mastery as I am doing. Also, how valid is AMR's simulations, I tried simcraft and shadowcraft but found them too complex/fiddly, I like how with AMR you can import directly from the addon and everything is so nice and user friendly so I have been messing around with that to see which trinkets/rings are better etc.. etc.. AMR is currently telling me Crit > Mastery > Vers > Haste but I am still enchanting all my gear with mastery, eating mastery food etc... Thanks for your help guys.

It's telling you to get more Crit cause you don't have much

Stats are dynamic, when you don't have much of one it becomes more valuable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carrn said:

It's telling you to get more Crit cause you don't have much

Stats are dynamic, when you don't have much of one it becomes more valuable

Thanks for the quick response man, so I guess there is some sort of soft cap where there reaches a point where the agonizing poison damage is not as valuable as increased cp generation. I'll keep that in mind as I continue gearing up, thanks mate.

Just now, ef001730 said:

Thanks for the quick response man, so I guess there is some sort of soft cap where there reaches a point where the agonizing poison damage is not as valuable as increased cp generation. I'll keep that in mind as I continue gearing up, thanks mate.

Yeah just Sim it every once in a while. 30% crit is pretty low, so you'll likely see it being valuable till you get to 40 or 45% - but then, if you lose a ton of Mastery doing so, you'll see Mastery bump back up

Just remember to check relatively frequently

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Carrn said:

Yeah just Sim it every once in a while. 30% crit is pretty low, so you'll likely see it being valuable till you get to 40 or 45% - but then, if you lose a ton of Mastery doing so, you'll see Mastery bump back up

Just remember to check relatively frequently

Ah okay, thanks for the info man. I used to primarily pvp which was just a case of looking up the ladders and copying someone elses gear, this is the first expansion I actually engage with pve (primarily due to the abundance of 5 man content in the game) so I am learning all these things about stat priorities and simulations for the first time. I will try to get my crit up and off course I will sim frequently as I gain more and more gear. Thanks again mate.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ef001730 said:

Ah okay, thanks for the info man. I used to primarily pvp which was just a case of looking up the ladders and copying someone elses gear, this is the first expansion I actually engage with pve (primarily due to the abundance of 5 man content in the game) so I am learning all these things about stat priorities and simulations for the first time. I will try to get my crit up and off course I will sim frequently as I gain more and more gear. Thanks again mate.

All good, I'm always around for questions if you have any

• Like 1