Skyorz

Way to improve my dps

19 posts in this topic

I would like to improve my dps, I'm doing between 160-200k, but I'm not satisfied with this numbers, here you have some logs of the raid yesterday, I suffer a lot with Ursoc.

I think I can do a lot more of damage, I have the legendary bracelets

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xKYXNBQ8tkZGzVMH#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=14

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/character/argent-dawn/Skyorz/simple

Edited by Skyorz
Added Armory profile

Got the same problems. But I guess my stats are the reason. Since I have iLvL 862, I am barely able to maintain this 200 - 230k dps which is a bit of low i guess...

Stats.JPG

Sky, your crit is a bit low compared to your mastery. See if you can keep the 20% haste and move it around a bit

Brast, your short on haste which whill help a bit.

It could also be down to the fights, some are better than others for melee ect.

2 hours ago, Skyorz said:

I would like to improve my dps, I'm doing between 160-200k, but I'm not satisfied with this numbers, here you have some logs of the raid yesterday, I suffer a lot with Ursoc.

I think I can do a lot more of damage, I have the legendary bracelets

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xKYXNBQ8tkZGzVMH#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=14

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/character/argent-dawn/Skyorz/simple

Can't fully open the log as at work.
You're currently sitting at 20% Crit ? , that's 1 in 5 swings "could potentially" crit.
Need to get your crit up, sacrifice some Mastery to gain that.

Neck Enchant : Satyr
Socket Chest + 200 str
Socket Legs + 200 str
Enchant rings + 200 crit each

Your percentile shows you at 15% at your current ilvl, something is wrong with your rotation.  Other's could elaborate if I don't respond before they do when I get back from work.

In terms of Ursoc, use AWS instead of Bursting Sores.
Other dps in group are using Deadly Grace pots, you aren't.

Just now, Shells said:

Sky, your crit is a bit low compared to your mastery. See if you can keep the 20% haste and move it around a bit

Yep. Stat wise, this is spot on.

For me, the first thing I check is my UI.  Is it oriented in a way where you get the info you need? Could any add-ons help? Are you able to switch targets/focus targets quickly without interupting your rotation.  Alerted when dps cooldowns become available?

Second, and arguably more important are your key bindings and macros.  Do you click? Use the keyboard?  Figure out how you actually press buttons helps you to prioritze button locations.  For example, is it hard for you to dps on the move?  Set up your keys so that you can dps while strafing.  And Use macros! Link them to trinkets/cooldowns.

People have mentioned using festering strike on multiple targets to increase aoe dps.  Try a target next target cast festering strike target last target macro.

Lastly, if you are not already proficient at lining up procs and cooldowns, that means you're not good at it yet.  You may be waiting around, sitting on cooldowns for unnecessary lengths.  Instead, get proficient at using cooldowns right away.  After a little while, when you get used to it and are waiting for cooldowns to come online (instead of them springing up on you and you dont know how long  they've been available), then you can start practicing lining them up.

Lastly, know the fights, specifically the timing of abilities and length

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shells said:

Thanks Shell. But I am not sure If I want to drop any crit for other stats I dont need. Since I am not very lucky with the Crit>Haste stats on my gear :D I could easily go above 30% Crit since I now play with a haste trinket which gives me around 1% haste.

If you can build it up a bit, even food and gems would help. See if you can reduce mastery a bit. 

Loot wise, totally wit you. I main blood but am trying to build up a decent dps set too for stuff. Its hard when a nice item drops and it has the less than optimal secondary stats on it. Bring back runeforging pls blizz. 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Shells said:

If you can build it up a bit, even food and gems would help. See if you can reduce mastery a bit. 

Loot wise, totally wit you. I main blood but am trying to build up a decent dps set too for stuff. Its hard when a nice item drops and it has the less than optimal secondary stats on it. Bring back runeforging pls blizz. 

I am already using haste gems and going with haste food :D My Problem ist that I dont want to get under 30% of crit since it seems to be the softcap. So exchanging items is very difficult.

Probably I am also doing something wrong in my rotation but I think I have to be better then 42% performance overall in HC

Brast.JPG

Edited by Brast

Just now, Brast said:

I am already using haste gems and going with haste food :D My Problem ist that I dont want to get under 30% of crit since it seems to be the softcap. So exchanging items is very difficult

Do you have some cash to spend on crafted gear?

Demonsteel ______ of Fireflash

26 minutes ago, Brast said:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/Brast/simple

I dont think that there are many crafted items that can possibly exchanging my current gear. 

Helm / Neck / Belt / Legs /  would benefit from 850 crafted gear (Fireflash)
I would forgo the odd +5 ilvl on gear to get the min/max crit/haste from crafted gear.   Exactly what I did before I started getting heroic Crit / Haste drops 865 drops.

And yes if you're averaging 42% percentile, you're effectively not playing as well as you should be, 58% less than the highest tier'd data, when comparing to others in your ilvl bracket.

This may be down to your lack of secondary stats (Softcapping crit/haste) , rotation, maxing SR / Apoc / AoD.  Talents on specific fights, downtime etc.

First and foremost if you don't want to lose the 30% crit, then you will need to invest in the crafted gear to keep your Crit / Haste alligned.  

I would suggest you familiarize yourself with a Sim rotation addon, Ovale is pretty decent but it follows a set pattern (though you can download sim profiles), once you have it bound to muscle memory of the "optimum rotation" , you can incorporate that into the current given situation, not losing stacks, missing Soul Reapers due to mechanics etc...

Edited by Skorn
1 person likes this

Just now, Skorn said:

Helm / Neck / Belt / Legs /  would benefit from 850 crafted gear (Fireflash)
I would forgo the odd +5 ilvl on gear to get the min/max crit/haste from crafted gear.   Exactly what I did before I started getting heroic Crit / Haste drops 865 drops.

Could you please List them for me? 

But wait. The crafted gear has to be upgraded with obliterum right?

I dont have gold for this since Jewelcrafting sucks right now :D

Edited by Brast

Just now, Brast said:

It does need to be upgraded yes.
Sniz quoted it above  " Demonsteel ______ of Fireflash "

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Brast said:

Gold?! Now you are speaking my language!!!

Im only a jewelcrafter and I've bought/upgrades 9-10 crafted pieces.

I know it depends on your server but Dawnlight bands sell very well because its desirable and the profit margins are pretty big. 

Its all about converting cheap ore/gems into either gold (via 815 crafted or Blue cuts) or obliterum.

If you have a lot of raw greens, cut them and turn them into obliterum. Take skystones and chaotic spinels and make skystone rings, (raw spinels dont have a gem cut). Obliterate them.

If raw gems are on the market for less that 1/100th the price of obliterum buy them up, cut them and use/sell obliterum.

You're welcome,
I wouldn't do anything silly though to get the crafted gear, as ultimately there's enough drops in EN to min/max your Crit/Haste, if you're patient enough.

But if you do happen to have someone that doesn't mind giving you/crafting the items or lending you the gold to buy and upgrade them then I'd definitely give it a go, it put a smile on my face when I went from being rune starved to having a fluid rotation.

Low ilvl Vers / Mastery bits can be swapped out.

1 person likes this

Thank you, that was my doubt, I didn't knew if I needed to have less mastery and go for crit. 

Respective to cooldowns and rotations, I don't follow any rotation because I think it is a chaos, but it would help if someone know an addon to track the cooldowns with countdowns like some warnings of DBM or something, a popup when it has less than 10 seconds of cooldown or less than 10 seconds of pestilence.

14 hours ago, Skyorz said:

Thank you, that was my doubt, I didn't knew if I needed to have less mastery and go for crit. 

Respective to cooldowns and rotations, I don't follow any rotation because I think it is a chaos, but it would help if someone know an addon to track the cooldowns with countdowns like some warnings of DBM or something, a popup when it has less than 10 seconds of cooldown or less than 10 seconds of pestilence.

Use the following addons;

Ovale Spell Priority      (helps with rotation)
Tellmewhen  or Weakauras 
Cooldown Pulse
(I use TellmeWhen,   easy to setup CD / buff - debuff / trinket / ability tracker) - I will post a SS of my setup later and if you like it enough I'll gladly post my export string for you.

Edited by Skorn