FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

Thok was super easy once we put all the ranged on Thok during the interphases and melee on the jailer.  Spoils was easy as soon as our tanks quit pussyfooting and pulling more mobs.  Paragons really wasn't that bad...they die suprisingly quick.  The only thing you can wipe to during that fight is the Hungry Kachong (sp?) or standing in a place you shouldn't.  There are a TON of mechanics, but the ones you need to pay attention to are quite small (as a DPS).  Our wipes came from Hungry Kachongs eating people and HEAVY split DPS.  We'd have 3 paragons out all at 40% HP.  Huge issue since they heal to full.  Once we focused our attentions, we easily slayed them.

There was nothing all that difficult in our run-through on normal. Mostly bad play that wiped us (consistently not interrupting MCs on Garrosh, bad DPS priority on Paragons, etc). Pretty pumped to start up some heroics!

Well, here are my rankings first week:

Immerseus - no rank (logged as a wipe)

Protectors - #123 - no padding

Norushen - #26 - period of time with no logs because of Test Phase (also went 3rd on purification)

Sha of Pride - #32

Galakras - #13

Iron Juggernaut - #41

Dark Shamans - #13

Nazgrim - #6 - killed with big trash pack padding at start

Malkorok - #7 - died to stupidity

Spoils - #14

Thok - #37

Siegecrafter - #67 (died to weird fire in tube mechanic)

Paragons - #8 - small amount of padding

Garrosh - #2

Overall, I was disappointed with my play on a lot of fights.  I bounced from Destro to Aff...will be doing all of next week as Demonology.

• Like 1

I was rank #1 on Heroic Sha of Fear for 3 weeks.  Now I'm like #50 or something...all these monsters go in and pad after it's not relevant.  Buttholes.  I'm pretty happy with Garrosh rank, but there are only 5 Destros who have killed it.  I'm just #2!  Affliction and Destruction look pretty even on the fight. 

I'm enjoying going through these logs to see things like this: average Chaos Bolt during Nazgrim: 800338!  http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xl4n500wphgyc0gc/details/2/?s=14716&e=15006

So close to being on the 1st page of overall Dark Shaman 25 man parses.  :(

When your name is squeezed between Asian characters you know you're doing it right.

• Like 1

Sorry Zag, I hadn't uploaded Garrosh yet. You're #3 now!

Immerseus - I um...forgot to log.
Protectors - #13
Norushen - #22
Sha of Pride - #19
Galakras - #15
Iron Juggernaut - I panted myself in a corner and died with the boss at 25%
Dark Shamans - #56
Nazgrim - #6
Malkorok - #35
Spoils - #20
Thok - #1
Siegecrafter - #11
Paragon - #4
Garrosh - #2

Nice dude.  You're like #3 overall on Thok I think.  At least we know that Friday Night Jam Session must be paying off!  You did Garrosh as Aff, yes?  I like how we split specs to both grab #2 parses.  I didn't see Gahhdo's parses.  Time to play detective.

LOCKY YOU ASSHOLE!  You just posted your logs and now I'm #3. 

Lockybalboa - 209769

Zagam - 209099

Shithead.

Okay, I screenshoted it. Saved it. Made it my desktop. And I might have emailed the screenshot to most of my family. SO HAPPY.

Sorry Zag, lol

It's alright...I like a little competition.  I did look at the Demo logs...more Warlocks beat the encounter as Demo than Aff or Destro but most of the Demos got carried hardcore.

I was talking about my #4 btw...not beating you...I didn't mean to sound like a total dick.

Lot of credit goes to Zag and Gahhda, the finer math is always been a weak point of mine and a weakness that never mattered much as a tank or healer. Only been pure DPS for five months now and the mathy stuff has helped a lot.

• Like 1

Well for us the reason to go demo for one öpcl at least was to go kill engineer asap in p1.

Our Spriest solo'd him every time, he didn't seem to have that much HP.

Our Spriest solo'd him every time, he didn't seem to have that much HP.

Our warlock(s) are I guess more dependable than our priests.

But bigger thing and my mistake in the first place, should have remembered you running 10 and not to comment anything coming from a 25 man. Sorry, my bad and just ignore the previous comment.

Our warlock(s) are I guess more dependable than our priests.

But bigger thing and my mistake in the first place, should have remembered you running 10 and not to comment anything coming from a 25 man. Sorry, my bad and just ignore the previous comment.

Don't worry about those elitist 10 manners.  Bastids, the lot of 'em!!

Don't worry about those elitist 10 manners.  Bastids, the lot of 'em!!

Mad jelly of ten mans crapyer loot, less WF loot, harder mechanics, and less recognition....why the hell do I raid ten...oh ya, better FPS and closer knit raid group.

I'll be in the shower crying if anyone needs me.

• Like 2

I apologize if that came off as rude, just trying to be silly.  Not getting into a 10v25 debate though.  :P

spank spank, my active time was actually so low though because I spent all of p3 avoiding every single mechanic I possibly could and spam ember tapping myself :D!

Jesus, I never thought the Glyph of lowering UR Cd by 60seg would be useful in any fight by in Thok is a really savior.

Btw, Thok is a damn monster.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1o298mhbngdghvoo/

I finally stepped into SoO (casual raiding guild). I offered to sit for the first 2 bosses so 2 of our new raid members get raid. I do not like the strat that my guild used, felt that we have a lot unnecessary of movement (and I was the 3rd dps to be purified) and it kinda showed on my logs. 

On the next fight, Sha of Pride, I first ran with AD for the extra Dark Soul, but I noticed that the little adds were not getting hit with my SoC on the boss and that the tank was slow on pulling them towards the center of the boss. I switched to MF, and melted face. I was pushing about 400k dps on the first wave of adds, however towards the end of the fight people started dying. Nonetheless I managed to rank #47 for affliction warlocks, however there are some areas for me to improve upon. 

Moral of the story, if you are Affliction for this fight, make sure you are running MF.