Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benihana303

Assassination Rogue looking for Improvement.

8 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm looking for some improvement with my DPS. I figured why not post my logs here and see what you guys can tell me to improve on. I believe it's my uptime with rupture but I would like to know what more people think. Also, as my guild might begin progression into Mythic. I was wondering if I should begin switching to Poison build? I'm also raiding heroic tonight if you would like the logs from that instead of yesterday on Normal. Will edit if you want the logs from tonight. 

ARMORY: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Getrrdone/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xfj9PT2YZVzWgapd/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, benihana303 said:

Hi! I'm looking for some improvement with my DPS. I figured why not post my logs here and see what you guys can tell me to improve on. I believe it's my uptime with rupture but I would like to know what more people think. Also, as my guild might begin progression into Mythic. I was wondering if I should begin switching to Poison build? I'm also raiding heroic tonight if you would like the logs from that instead of yesterday on Normal. Will edit if you want the logs from tonight. 

ARMORY: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Getrrdone/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xfj9PT2YZVzWgapd/

First thing that jumps out at me is the uptime on Garrote and Rupture. Improving those will go a long way towards helping your damage

Additionally, make sure you're pooling Energy properly, it looks like you have less than 50 at any given time

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Carrn said:

First thing that jumps out at me is the uptime on Garrote and Rupture. Improving those will go a long way towards helping your damage

Additionally, make sure you're pooling Energy properly, it looks like you have less than 50 at any given time

About how much energy should I be pooling around? 80-90?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, benihana303 said:

About how much energy should I be pooling around? 80-90?

Don't spend it unless you're going to cap, or are fitting damage into an EP window.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potion of the Old War, buddy.  Learn to love your local herbalist.

Also, your EP uptime is rather low.  Your log for Xavius had you at 57%, and our bleed rogue on the same encounter had right around 79%.  Rupture is far and away your highest source of damage, especially in the bleed build.  Your priority should be to keep EP up so that your Rupture benefits from the 15% damage bonus as much as it can.  Obviously you don't want to clip the duration of EP so, like Carrn said, make sure you are pooling energy between 4-6 CP when EP and Rupture/Garotte are ticking so you can maximize your damage application during EP.

Other than that, what happened during your second Vendetta?  You capped out at 100K DPS during that window.  It's the damage peaks during your cooldown periods that are going to ultimately allow you to finish near the top where you want to be, so try to time your CD usage to overlap synergies and squeeze the most you cna out of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, that looks a lot better. I'm running the poison build and confused on how a 2 week old rogue was nearly at your stage in damage at 854 ilvl. As I'm looking to improve my dps as apparently I'm in the bottom 25% of players of this spec in ranking :D

Credit though, I'm still learning how to play this class properly. Biggest issue at the moment for me is proper pooling :D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khazgoroth/Duckslice/simple
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/b3FwrTHvfM1RahLX/#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DuckSlice said:

Yea, that looks a lot better. I'm running the poison build and confused on how a 2 week old rogue was nearly at your stage in damage at 854 ilvl. As I'm looking to improve my dps as apparently I'm in the bottom 25% of players of this spec in ranking :D

Credit though, I'm still learning how to play this class properly. Biggest issue at the moment for me is proper pooling :D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khazgoroth/Duckslice/simple
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/b3FwrTHvfM1RahLX/#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=17

Your uptimes on your bleeds look fine. You could improve keeping your EP buff up. And I believe  you need more crit. 35% is a little low

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.