Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manew

[Outlaw] Help with my dps

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, just made an account to post here because i'm troubled right now.
I tried to find infos on different forums and sites but i think i need some analysis and criticisms from people that knows this stuff better than me.

Here is my armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... w/advanced
log for tonight on emerald HM : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7V ... Np#boss=-2
(i died on last boss around the begining of the fight...)

So here's the thing, pre nerf, i had around 220k on almost every encounters, i was an apply in my guild until today,
so i didn't have access to many loots from heroic M, but i still improved my ilvl by maybe 20 or something like that.
But my dps is quite shite at the moment. Overall i'm around 250k on the whole raid, meaning with aoe trashs.
I'm on 375 versatility food, flask, prepot and pot while lust all the time.
I think i figured out how rotations for outlaw work, which is not that hard to understand. But there's clearly something i'm doing wrong here.
I get that this spec depends a lot on rng, but i feel my dps should really not be this low.

We just started Mythic raid, we downed the first boss, but i was on 51% performance. I had 3 rot in a row after pull, but i really think it shouldn't
be this low, even with such a bad start.  (warcraft logs is dying so i can't link it atm...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Manew said:

Hi everyone, just made an account to post here because i'm troubled right now.
I tried to find infos on different forums and sites but i think i need some analysis and criticisms from people that knows this stuff better than me.

Here is my armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... w/advanced
log for tonight on emerald HM : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7V ... Np#boss=-2
(i died on last boss around the begining of the fight...)

So here's the thing, pre nerf, i had around 220k on almost every encounters, i was an apply in my guild until today,
so i didn't have access to many loots from heroic M, but i still improved my ilvl by maybe 20 or something like that.
But my dps is quite shite at the moment. Overall i'm around 250k on the whole raid, meaning with aoe trashs.
I'm on 375 versatility food, flask, prepot and pot while lust all the time.
I think i figured out how rotations for outlaw work, which is not that hard to understand. But there's clearly something i'm doing wrong here.
I get that this spec depends a lot on rng, but i feel my dps should really not be this low.

We just started Mythic raid, we downed the first boss, but i was on 51% performance. I had 3 rot in a row after pull, but i really think it shouldn't
be this low, even with such a bad start.  (warcraft logs is dying so i can't link it atm...)

Honestly it looks like you're doing just fine. Ghostly Strike uptime could improve, but you're using RtB correctly and looks like you're using your cooldowns properly as well.

If you look at the damage you're doing, you're very competitive in terms of damage for your item level. If you're comparing yourself to your guild mates, it looks as though you're competing against people who are 10 item levels ahead of you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for answering and looking through the logs for me Carrn.

My GM was concerned about my dps falling behind since the opening of EN, i told him the rest of the guild got loots, as opposed to me, but i needed to hear it from someone else to confirm it.

Here is the logs from out nythendra mythic down : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YaC2WcG4jQDbVBpm#fight=14

He quoted my performance for this fight (25%), with 3 rots in a row after the pull, should my dps have been this low (207k) ? He compared my ilvl to the SP beeing first on this fight with only 4more and still a lot more dps.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Manew said:

Thank you so much for answering and looking through the logs for me Carrn.

My GM was concerned about my dps falling behind since the opening of EN, i told him the rest of the guild got loots, as opposed to me, but i needed to hear it from someone else to confirm it.

Here is the logs from out nythendra mythic down : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YaC2WcG4jQDbVBpm#fight=14

He quoted my performance for this fight (25%), with 3 rots in a row after the pull, should my dps have been this low (207k) ? He compared my ilvl to the SP beeing first on this fight with only 4more and still a lot more dps.

Thank you

Your GM is an idiot.

1) You're 51st percentile for your item level. For Outlaw that's not too bad, given how badly 6 rolls skew the records

2) Shadow out performs literally every single spec in the game right now, especially on fights with drawn out execute phases. I'm not surprised to see one on top here, especially given that he did well enough for 95th percentile for his item level.

Your Ghostly Strike uptime still needs work but other than that you're doing well

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks again, i feel outlaw doesn't scale really well though. What matters to me is result, and not being in the top 3 dps is not acceptable to me. Would you recommend playing another spec since i'm starting mythic EN now ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I couldn't get behind outlaw at all.  I felt like I never had enough control over my performance because of RtB.  Not everyone has this complaint, so maybe I am just bad at it.

As far as switching specs goes, have you tried all three specs for yourself in at least a dungeon setting?  As the sticked guides mention, you will most likely perform your best when you play the spec with which you feel most comfortable regardless of what is currently parsing highest.  Numbers will changes with nerfs and buffs, so you should aim to pick the spec you understand best and can play optimally.

If that spec doesn't happen to be the theoretical meter king right now, just wait a patch or two and your luck might change.  Certainly more reliable than praying for a lucky bones roll! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manew said:

Ok thanks again, i feel outlaw doesn't scale really well though. What matters to me is result, and not being in the top 3 dps is not acceptable to me. Would you recommend playing another spec since i'm starting mythic EN now ?

Outlaw and Sin are the top two specs at the moment. For a few reasons that I won't get into here, Sub looks significantly less powerful than it is

Sub will scale significantly better though as item level increases, and it's even better if you get the BiS legendary for it. I suspect that Sub will top charts come NH, but for the moment Sin looks like the more popular (not necessarily better) choice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your answers again guys, i will start putting some points in my sub weapon, hoping some leg will drop somedays.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.