FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Some Live RPPM Trinket Data (543 Breath + Unerring)

So Gravy showed me how to track when trinkets proc, and now it's all so clear why some of my parses are crazy good and why are so bad. RNG has found its way to create variances in my DPS as large as 40-50k. Here is the data collected on times proc'd (PPM) compared to what my anticipated PPM rate was as well as time spent between procs (important for Unerring).

My static Haste value is 22.22%. Augmented by 5% raid Haste, I have 1.22*1.05 = 1.281, or 28.1% Haste. Both my Unerring and Breath trinkets are Heroic and 2/2 upgraded, so they are both 543 item level. With those two variables known, the expected RPPM rate of each trinket is as follows:

Breath of the Hydra = 1.281 * 0.525 * 1.15 = 0.773 RPPM on all periodic spell hits.

Unerring Vision of Lei Shen = 1.281 * 0.525 * 1.15 = 0.773 RPPM on all spell hits.

Obviously throughout the fights, I could see if these proc'd when Tempus Repit was live or Bloodlust. Tempus Repit would augument the RPPM of my trinkets to 1.005 RPPM. For practicality, let's ignore that and just assume at the end a minor increase in the actual RPPM rate. Seeing a 0.773 RPPM means we'd see a proc approximately every 77.62 seconds. Let's find out...

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's almost impossible to try to form some mathematical explanation and predictability to these things. Unerring had procs that overlapped and had a proc interval as high as 3:10. I saw 3 procs in a 7:15 fight and saw 9 procs in a 6:45 fight. Breath was even more outlandish. I had 4 procs back to back to back to back and then didn't see another one for 3:10.

Part of the reason I wanted to look into this was to see if Heroic Unerring Vision would have a reliable proc rate so you could get rid of the Glyph of Everlasting Affliction. Unfortunately, the proc rates are still outlandish enough that you can't maximize your 100% crit Dooms without it.

Ra-den: max time between proc = 1:06; Glyph not needed

Jin'rohk: max time between proc = 1:06; Glyph not needed

Ji'kun: max time between procs = 1:45; Glyph beneficial

Durumu: ... 2:25; even Glyph couldn't protect proc

Dark Animus: ... 2:02; same, Glyph can't keep Imps going

Iron Qon: ... 1:04; Glyph not needed

Twins: ... 3:10; are you kidding me?

Lei Shen: ... 2:50; maybe transitions had something to do with it

Ra-den: ... 2:24; notice the difference between last week's Ra-den and this week's Ra-den. SO much RNG.

The best part was when I had incredible Unerring procs, Breath procs went on vacation, and vice versa. Just some data to look at and realize you can't really do anything except sacrifice a Mage to the RNG gods.

I shudder to wonder what those of you with the LFR version are suffering through in terms of procs...ugh.

I easily would sacrifice my core mage to 100% more lucky at Trinkets.

It's sad how UVLS sometimes chain-proc 2 times and forget to return for almost 3min.

Edited by JvChequer

I shudder to wonder what those of you with the LFR version are suffering through in terms of procs...ugh.

A run down of my Iron Qon LFR today using the 510 UVLS...

Pull, no PA proc until 20% left on first dog. Next dog, no PA proc until 5 % hp left. Next dog, PA proc early, but Shield is up and proc drops off just as I get behind the shield so proc wasted. Burn Phase, no proc. Got out DPSed by a mage Posted Image

Also, how are you pulling out the exact times that your PA's were live?

EDIT: nvm. Figured out to use the expression editor Posted Image

Edited by Cruzan

Ha! Indeed. I had been on a string of good luck with it, and then last night Wush (the only rppm trinket I have been able to get) was pranking me with it.

For those of us who after almost 3 months still havent seen a normal version drop (let alone heroic) and are stuck using the LFR version - is it safe to assume that stacking haste to the 14.8k breakpoint (which I can hit at 537 ilvl) is not going to do anything noticeable to the proc rate of UVLS?

Basically the higher the ilvl the better the proc, but at the end of the day its all RNG so all we can do is pray? Or will an extra 5k haste make the difference?

Edited by Liquidsteel

Haste will make no difference. It will make a small amount of difference (maybe 1 additional proc per fight) over thousands of iterations, but on a fight by fight basis, no, it will not make a difference. Haste stacking is a preference, not a goal to increase your trinket procs.

Haste will make no difference. It will make a small amount of difference (maybe 1 additional proc per fight) over thousands of iterations, but on a fight by fight basis, no, it will not make a difference. Haste stacking is a preference, not a goal to increase your trinket procs.

if only it was a bigger chance... mauahahahaha think of the possibilities with haste stacking... Oh well.... i'll stick to my lousy rng procs... -le sigh-

In response to your comment on the LFR version, I've had mine for a few weeks now.

Granted, since I'm using the LFR version, I'm obviously not clearing heroic bosses or full-clearing normal mode.

But, even doing my LFR every week for secrets and in my raids, I would say the majority of the time I'm at 1:30-2:00 proc time, obviously with some variance. I usually find myself most varied on Horridon, for some reason, where I'll occasionally go a whole door without having Crit-Doom up. And occasionally on council it will come down, but that's because I'll go 2:00 after putting it on three bosses instead of putting one boss at 2:15 and putting it on only two bosses. But, for the most part, when it comes up and I refresh it or cast it twice to get it to max duration if it's about to expire, I'm generally able to keep it up most of the time. With the 502 (or upgraded to 510) version, I definitely need Glyph of Everlasting Affliction, but it isn't so impossible.

With the 543 version, I need the Glyph. The trinket and glyph are mandatory to have a good push at DPS.