FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandacho

Random in Alchemy

My time to whine, guys!

I have Alchemy 800, potion mastery and all the battle pots and flasks 2-star recipes.

I'm trying for about 7 days now to get a 3-star recipe in one of 3 flasks (got a Whispered Pact 3-star a week ago) or one of 2 pots (Deadly Grace and Old War). I made about 1500 of said flasks and pots altogether. Right now when I'm writing this, I'm finishing 500 Deadly Grace pots. NOTHING. Not a single 3-star.

I saw people are talking about some kind of rng, that someone gets a 3-star after 4 flasks and someone else after 200. But more than 1500 and still nothing? I tried to make 300 pots or 200 flasks in one go, tried to circle 5 of each type, nothing helps.

And actually I don't read any complains on forums so... what the hell is it? I seriously don't know what to think already.

I get that they wanted things to last longer, but that just seems ridiculous. Either you're VERY unlucky or something is wrong. I'm assuming that some people do actually have the 3-star recipes that you are looking for? It's not just a bug that's affecting lots of people?

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

I get that they wanted things to last longer, but that just seems ridiculous. Either you're VERY unlucky or something is wrong. I'm assuming that some people do actually have the 3-star recipes that you are looking for? It's not just a bug that's affecting lots of people?

Got one 3-star yesterday after about 2000 flasks and pots. I think that Blizz went way too far with this random.

And no, this is not a bug - I talked to a GM and he explicitly confirmed that a zone where you are making pots doesn't matter and there's no specific amount of pots/flasks to make before you get a 3-star.

Just bloody random. :(

On 10/23/2016 at 10:54 AM, Pandacho said:

I think that Blizz went way too far with this random.

As long as we don't get back into that "farm Ashran for your tiny chance at a BiS PvP trinket", then we haven't hit rock bottom just yet :p

5 hours ago, Blainie said:

As long as we don't get back into that "farm Ashran for your tiny chance at a BiS PvP trinket", then we haven't hit rock bottom just yet :p

I'd rather stay without trinkets :P

Regarding Alchemy though, I asked a guy in my guild where he got his 3-stars. He said - Stormwind. So I went there and got 3 3-stars in 2 days.

Yeah, no difference in zone, random and all that but still... I'm not doing my alchemy in Garrison anymore.

10 hours ago, Pandacho said:

He said - Stormwind. So I went there and got 3 3-stars in 2 days.

I love RNG.