FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Medacus

Restro Ranking

Goooooood Afternoon Droods!

I've healed forevvvver but only been restro'ing since legion (dirty boosted char lol) I concerned about my throughput within HC atm.
It's a weird one, I'm the raid 'healer leader' and coordinate cooldowns and I fill the healer spot between a Holy Priest and Holy Pala. We don't struggle with healing and are progressing just fine...but I feel I can and should be able to give more.
I can clear Mythic+ without problems with a CRIT/MAST build, HoT stacking, and I run a HASTE/CRIT build for raids, using SoF/SM synergy with WG/Dreamwalker to try and blanket, easing the pressure that Priest if feeling on the raid and spot heals of Pala.

Here is a typical HASTE/CRIT build for raiding - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/anachronos/Medacus/advanced
YES - that is a legendary for my OS guardian spec while I was LFR'ing last week -_- seriously salty about it hahaha

Here are my latest rankings - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15495753/latest

Here is a log of my guild raid team that I really want to do well for, completed normal - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/43dWV1J9Thj2aYKR#type=healing&options=8

and here is the most our guild do in HC - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FdhN4b3nvxR7GfTt#type=healing&options=8 (still progression so only three kills)

and here is a complete HC run I managed - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4TPQ7NGhjVLk8zmf#type=healing&options=8

I'm after opinions and thoughts on stat weights, ideas on builds/rotations in general or on specific bosses....mainly though I would like your views on how to synergise my spot within the healer team of the guild, be that for me to squeeze in around them, or to exert my will upon them and get them to change for the greater good...all valid hypnotises will be tested and I will post results and logs back up on here.

Look forward to hearing from you all, hope your loot's all BiS this week!!

Your friendly Resto friend.....

Well you've said it you've healed for years and have no specific trouble while raiding, so maybe there's no obvious flaw.

I've noticed some missed clearcasting procs, that's all I have. Anyway I'm far less experience than you are. What shocked me is that wild growth is by far your main source of healing, while mine is rejuv. I don't know how you manage your mana pool if I'm doing what you're doing, I'm oom midfight :) (yes i'm using innervate twice per fight ! :p)

Hi there Medacus!

I took a quick look on your ursoc kill and compared it to my: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mDY7LBPH26jRF4Mh#type=healing&fight=15&source=22

Drop Germination as a talent on that fight! It not mana efficient and it is not global efficient. Spring Blossom is better if your guild kills it fast. If not take Inner Peace.

You have almost 50% Overheal with your tranq, try to fit it in better or call it out so you dont get "sniped" by another healer.

Lastly try to get more Rejuvs out instead of Wild Growths, I have 73 Rejuv casts on a 3:12 min fight and you have 76 on a 5:01 fight.

Other than that your healing will rise with your ilvl, right now ilvl(intellect) is everything for resto druids!

Edited by Immolly

Thank you both for the time you took to look at these logs and come back with a view.

been a funny one downing Ursoc, had to drop in with a mastery build and stack HoTs as tank heals were needed, will defo drop germ and keep an eye on the overheals. Thank you Immolly for the tips been over your logs and that's some serious healing bro!

Am I putting Rejuvs too far down the priority list?? I see it as something that should nearly always be on the tanks and something to bear in mind as WG/Dreamweaver procs on Rejuvs, as for the heal it self is it not lack luster? low, costly, single target, heal. when you could be chaining a SW/SoF into WG/Dreaveweaver?

anybody not hit with a 200% WG will get a Rejuv, maybe two or three GCDs on raid members, refresh Lifebloom on tank and repeat with SW / WG again (this is ignoring things like EoG or Flourish used for dmg spikes/ on CD etc)  

All thoughts welcome, bearing in mind I'm not saying that I want the most efficient view but most effective with my healer comp of pala priest. lookinf forward to hearing from you guys!!

Right now you wanna keep Rejuv on targets taking damage or you think will take damage. Take Nythendra for an example: When you see DBM/BigWigs tell you who gets rot. You instantly Rejuv them. On Ursoc you wanna be putting out Rejuvs on the groups soaking. 

For the tank healing with Germination and hot stacking for mastery effect, it's just not worth it. Keep in mind that the mastery only stacks up to 3 times. Meaning that with Cenarion Ward + Lifebloom + Rejuv your germination wont help a thing beside some extra hot healing. While the Cenarion Ward is down you can keep the mastery stack rolling with a Regrowth every now and then from your clearcasting procs. Therefore making the Germination talent pretty useless imo!

But tbh with that healer comp you shoudn't focus too much on tank healing as that should be the paladins job. Out of the pala, priest and you, you have the strongest AoE group healing and the strongest raid heal! Use your mana and powers on healing the raid, not the tank so much! Keep Cenarion Ward + Lifebloom and Rejuv on the tank and thats it. If tank gets low, throw in a fast Regrowth.

I hope it makes sense, but I pretty much thing it comes down to you maybe having the idea that our mastery stacks indefinetly!

Cheers

Molly!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Medacus said:

???? - what makes you think that 3 times is the max for the benefit of mastery?

Can you back that up with something please

It isn't the max, something that is easily confirmable throwing a Healing Touch on something with different amount of HoTs on it, then comparing how much it healed for

See the pve healing guide:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restoration-druid-pve-healing-guide

Mastery: Harmony IconMastery: Harmony has been changed to instead increase the healing done to a player affected by a HoT for each HoT active on them at the time.

However the wow db description states "up to 3".

I'm also interested by the clarification, and I suggest to udpate the guide consquently.

Edited by bobifle

Recent PTR notes show the following change, where the current limit of 3 is being removed from our mastery:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2123797-Patch-7-1-5-PTR-Build-23109-Spell-Changes?p=43533049&viewfull=1#post43533049

Restoration

• Mastery: Harmony Your healing is increased by 4.8% for each of your Restoration heal over time effects on the target$@switch[], up to 3. Druid - Restoration Spec. target. Druid - Restoration Spec.

Because this change is not yet live the maximum of 3 is still there. (sadly)