Aexra

Choose Your Champion!

14 posts in this topic

5JE5ZGQ2FS4J1476920231591.jpg

So Blizzard gave us the opportunity to choose and root for a player during the HS World Championship 2016.

You win in-game prizes for every win they get. Everyone gets a pack for just picking one of the contenders. 

So who's your pick? 

http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20303036

Edited by Aexra
1 person likes this

For me it's basically "Pick your Thijs", just like a ton of the comments on the blogpost said. I don't know if he wins, but I like him and he is a good player for sure, so he could win a few matches for sure.

3 people like this

Agree we the mod above me.

Thijs is the only reasonable pick, since Likeabawss did not make it Kappa

I have to take the prediction home, and that leaves me with either Pavel, DrHippi or Naiman.

Pavel is good and a real hotshot player. But I can't sympathize him after seeing his performance on EU qualifiers because he got so disgustingly lucky.

DrHippi is consistent but does not shine that much. I think that he is that type of player who can totally dominate  the ladder but not high-roll through a tournament. They have a lot of games to play, though.

But I'll probably vote Naiman, because he is just a really cool guy, and he is technically Asian, and Asians are good at video games. Kappa.

1 person likes this

The problem with choosing Pavel is that he might just play "too fast" again :D

For those that don't know what I'm talking about above:

Enjoy some serious Lifecoach expression action!

1 person likes this

I'm torn between Thijs and bbgungun. Thijs would be the most obvious pick, but I enjoyed bbgungun's games last weekend so I'd like to repay him by offering my very valuable online support in this event.

1 person likes this

Thijs is the safest pick for me. He's going to win a little bit, hopefully he wins a lot!

On 21-10-2016 at 1:49 PM, PaasHaaS said:

I'm torn between Thijs and bbgungun. Thijs would be the most obvious pick, but I enjoyed bbgungun's games last weekend so I'd like to repay him by offering my very valuable online support in this event.

Well, so far I'm glad I went with the BB! Still plenty is possible though as Thijs is definitely not out yet, even though he's up against one of the stronger participants.

2 hours ago, PaasHaaS said:

Well, so far I'm glad I went with the BB! Still plenty is possible though as Thijs is definitely not out yet, even though he's up against one of the stronger participants.

Not sure if we're talking about Handsomeguy at this point, but I have to agree with Rdu about him. He is great player, but thanks to the tournament system , those achievements (three finals in regionals, 2 championships) is just overrated in my opinion. Also, he lost big against Cydonia, one og the underdogs of the tournament. 

Thijs losing to JasonZhou was definitely a surprise, especially thinking he is really comfortable with druid normally, and in that game, druid just screwed the whole game plan:(

Edited by FanOfValeera

Will we know before the tournament starts how many people have picked each contestant?

13 hours ago, Allegro said:

Will we know before the tournament starts how many people have picked each contestant?

Not sure if they'll publish that, but I really hope they do. I don't see a reason for them not to, but perhaps they'll surprise us :p

So I voted for Thijs because he is good player and... well he's Dutch too. :p He's in the loser bracket now I'm hoping he can make a comeback!

I'm really impressed by Amnesiac btw. He's your typical American kid and putting his money where his mouth is. Will be rooting for him as well. :)

7 hours ago, Aexra said:

well he's Dutch too. :p

I wish there were more players from my home country to support! I don't see many Serbian players out there yet though :p

1 person likes this