Mulajin

outlaw Outlaw rogue help/analysis - w/ Greenskin's bracers

5 posts in this topic

Hate to be another needy fellow who is having a hard time analyzing the logs, but I'm trying to dig through and see what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find it all...

I have Greenskins Waterlogged bracers, so i've thrown BttE into the rotation (when I remember to check the CD) and follow with the next PS proc (hopefully Blunderbuss!) that's my only rotation variation I'm attempting. I havent been using ghostly strike, because I have a terrible time remembering to keep it up, but I'm going to try again. (I wasn't specced  with GS for these logs) 

I think I might be having an issue with casting PS/BB too much, but I'm sure there are other issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bw4YfckyqBAX2aHx 
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Mulajin/simple
ShadowCraft: http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/argent-dawn/mulajin (SC seems to be weird, is it not yet fully capable of handling all the ilvl variations?)

Thanks a bunch guys.

Edit: note: I know I'm using old pots/flasks, I'm a bit behind on being able to upgrade, so I'm currently only using current pots/flasks on some occasions. 

Edited by Mulajin
title

On 21/10/2016 at 4:38 AM, Mulajin said:

Hate to be another needy fellow who is having a hard time analyzing the logs, but I'm trying to dig through and see what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find it all...

I have Greenskins Waterlogged bracers, so i've thrown BttE into the rotation (when I remember to check the CD) and follow with the next PS proc (hopefully Blunderbuss!) that's my only rotation variation I'm attempting. I havent been using ghostly strike, because I have a terrible time remembering to keep it up, but I'm going to try again. (I wasn't specced  with GS for these logs) 

I think I might be having an issue with casting PS/BB too much, but I'm sure there are other issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bw4YfckyqBAX2aHx 
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Mulajin/simple
ShadowCraft: http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/argent-dawn/mulajin (SC seems to be weird, is it not yet fully capable of handling all the ilvl variations?)

Thanks a bunch guys.

Edit: note: I know I'm using old pots/flasks, I'm a bit behind on being able to upgrade, so I'm currently only using current pots/flasks on some occasions. 

Napkin math is telling me that using BtE to buff PS is worth it, but that it's still only worth to cast that PS if you get an Opportunity proc, and BtE is the least important skill to use as part of your rotation. It would be ideal to use BtE when you have Shark buff up to really try and maximise it, but it's not strictly necessary. I'm not exactly certain of any of that - if you see other information from a different source please send it my way cause I'd be interested to see that

That said, you are indeed using PS too often - 45 casts (plus 13 BB) with only 39 Opportunity procs

Your RtB use seems good, so there's not a whole lot else that's super obvious

Thanks Carrn, I'm trying to work on everything, but I feel so low in my raid right now, and like I'm underperforming.

I've been trying to watch my overuse of PS, and I'll have some more logs on Tuesday when I have raids again. 

Hopefully things look on the up and up.

I should also be all set for new flasks and pots by our next progression night, maybe that will make up some of the difference as well.

Edited by Mulajin

4 hours ago, Mulajin said:

Thanks Carrn, I'm trying to work on everything, but I feel so low in my raid right now, and like I'm underperforming.

I've been trying to watch my overuse of PS, and I'll have some more logs on Tuesday when I have raids again. 

Hopefully things look on the up and up.

I should also be all set for new flasks and pots by our next progression night, maybe that will make up some of the difference as well.

It'll help for sure.

The real downside of playing Outlaw is that you don't know when RtB is going to be generous and help you and when you're going to chain roll 1-buff. It has a very high potential ceiling, but also a very low potential floor, so that even if you're playing perfectly sometimes you just won't do well at all