FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mattphill

Legendary Shoulders and Talent Choices

So, I got the legendary shoulders that increase ghoul and gargoyle damage by 30% for 20 seconds. Should I switch my talents from infected claws to shadow infusion? I really like the extra festering wounds my pet grants however, I'm not sure if I'd benefit from the control of my DT matching my AP and summon Gargoyle CDs. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Mattphill said:

So, I got the legendary shoulders that increase ghoul and gargoyle damage by 30% for 20 seconds. Should I switch my talents from infected claws to shadow infusion? I really like the extra festering wounds my pet grants however, I'm not sure if I'd benefit from the control of my DT matching my AP and summon Gargoyle CDs. Thoughts?

Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads Icon Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads  increased the damage of your gargoyle and your army of the dead zombies, not timmy ie your ghoul. So, no need for any changes. Aside from  that dark transformation sims as the better talent but if you are happy with infected by all means stick with it, its a very strong talent as well.

29 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads Icon Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads  increased the damage of your gargoyle and your army of the dead zombies, not timmy ie your ghoul. So, no need for any changes. Aside from  that dark transformation sims as the better talent but if you are happy with infected by all means stick with it, its a very strong talent as well.

Thanks so much for the input. I appreciate it. My reasoning for wanting to control my DT isn't for a buff to my pet, I realize the shoulders don't affect him. I meant more along the lines of using the talent in conjunction with DC to reduce the CD on DT in order to synchronize it with Apocalypse every time it is up.

Currently if I use DT off CD I get it every three minutes. Taking into account that Apocalypse has a 1:30 CD that means I can only combo DT and Apocalypse every 1st, 3rd, and 5th (if fight lasts that long) DT. Of course the legendary shoulders do buff the ghouls summoned from Apocalypse so, with that taken into account- what's your thoughts? Is combining Apocalypse ghouls with Dark Transformation enough of a buff that I should talent out of infected claws.

Side note: I was under the impression infected claws had taken over as the better talent in that tier. If I'm wrong then this whole post is a waste and I'll just redo my talents anyway.

1 hour ago, Mattphill said:

Thanks so much for the input. I appreciate it. My reasoning for wanting to control my DT isn't for a buff to my pet, I realize the shoulders don't affect him. I meant more along the lines of using the talent in conjunction with DC to reduce the CD on DT in order to synchronize it with Apocalypse every time it is up.

Currently if I use DT off CD I get it every three minutes. Taking into account that Apocalypse has a 1:30 CD that means I can only combo DT and Apocalypse every 1st, 3rd, and 5th (if fight lasts that long) DT. Of course the legendary shoulders do buff the ghouls summoned from Apocalypse so, with that taken into account- what's your thoughts? Is combining Apocalypse ghouls with Dark Transformation enough of a buff that I should talent out of infected claws.

Side note: I was under the impression infected claws had taken over as the better talent in that tier. If I'm wrong then this whole post is a waste and I'll just redo my talents anyway.

oh derp im stupid yeah no, disregard my previous comment XD

yeah with the shoulderpads you would actually want to switch to shadow infusion specifically for the synergy with dark transformation and apocalypse, you do end up delaying apocalypse a couple gcds but thats inevitable, so yes you do want shadow infusion with the shoulderpads. The dps gain is that significant that you do want to have that talent set up and wait the GCD or two for the synergy. I honestly glazed over this topic too quickly (im developing a bad habit of that >_<). So yes SI plus legendary is good time friends. As far as infected claws being better, shadow infusion is actually superior in most cases, there are some talent stat builds that alter it but overall SI is best. 

47 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

oh derp im stupid yeah no, disregard my previous comment XD

yeah with the shoulderpads you would actually want to switch to shadow infusion specifically for the synergy with dark transformation and apocalypse, you do end up delaying apocalypse a couple gcds but thats inevitable, so yes you do want shadow infusion with the shoulderpads. The dps gain is that significant that you do want to have that talent set up and wait the GCD or two for the synergy. I honestly glazed over this topic too quickly (im developing a bad habit of that >_<). So yes SI plus legendary is good time friends. As far as infected claws being better, shadow infusion is actually superior in most cases, there are some talent stat builds that alter it but overall SI is best. 

Outstanding! Thanks so much for the feedback. I'll be switching talents soon as I'm home! Thanks again!

Just to include my 2cents  don't take infected in claw in any fights during EN, unless you get the legendary bracers. But even with the legendary bracers if you are including those shoulders shadow infusion will still be the ideal talent. Shadow infusion allows you to have around an 70-80% DT uptime when played optimally, which your pet being your anywhere from 15-25% of your dmg that increase in damage is pretty nuts. If you aren't armying on pull (which you shouldn't on some fights) you don't need to have DT right when you army being that army last 40 seconds and the buff they get only is 20 seconds, so if it's coming up in 15 seconds army reguardless then pop it as soon as it's off CD which allows you to stil benefit from the buff while not delaying your army.

Edited by Drtain
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:18 PM, Drtain said:

Just to include my 2cents  don't take infected in claw in any fights during EN, unless you get the legendary bracers. But even with the legendary bracers if you are including those shoulders shadow infusion will still be the ideal talent. Shadow infusion allows you to have around an 70-80% DT uptime when played optimally, which your pet being your anywhere from 15-25% of your dmg that increase in damage is pretty nuts. If you aren't armying on pull (which you shouldn't on some fights) you don't need to have DT right when you army being that army last 40 seconds and the buff they get only is 20 seconds, so if it's coming up in 15 seconds army reguardless then pop it as soon as it's off CD which allows you to stil benefit from the buff while not delaying your army.

I'm a pretty big fan of your 2cents, actually! Really glad to see you popped in and gave some wise words. I theory crafted last night while utilizing my new talent and I absolutely love it. So happy to see these shoulders can be optimized to actually increase my numbers. My first legendary was that awful neck so, this is a welcome upgrade. Now . . . . if only I could get those bracers :)

What do you do when you have shoulders and bracers?

I'm also playing unholy frenzy

So SI or IC?

Edited by Neeli

On 10/22/2016 at 7:49 PM, Neeli said:

What do you do when you have shoulders and bracers?

I'm also playing unholy frenzy

So SI or IC?

yeah with shoulders period you want both and as said castigator is best with bracers. It basically makes your rotation FS SS FS SS rinse and repeat. It's actually very fluid and makes unholy a lot more competitive.