FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Erthelmi

Ret Paladin DPS Help

Good day all,
Been running a paladin this xpac and my guild is now 7/7HM and 3/7MM. I feel like my DPS isn't where it should be but I can't figure out where i'm missing at. I try not to cap power and only spent it with judgement on the target. I use the icy-veins rotation where ash,judgement,cru,verdict, and then build up power again. Please looking for some good help and constructive criticism is welcomed. 

Ursoc Mythic warcraft logs

warcraftlogs.com/reports/JYZKcb7w1kxFAqmH#fight=17

WoW armory

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/%C3%89rthelmi/simple

Hello! A little off topic, but I wanted to let you know that something is wrong with your armory link. When I followed it I got a 404 error message. Maybe it was just me, I don't know. But I was able to find you anyways after a little bit of head scratching.

So at first I was a little puzzled why you were asking for help since your damage is pretty much what it should be for your item level. But then I took a closer look and noticed that you haven't stacked enough haste. You really want, at least, 20% haste otherwise it'll throw off your rotation because your cooldowns won't "mesh well". The most you want is 22%, you don't really need much more than that. (I had the same problem for awhile. Drove me crazy because I was simming really well but my actual DPS was much lower than it should've been.)

There's also the matter of your second trinket, Ursoc's Rending Paw. There are much better trinkets that drop from dungeons and world bosses, I would suggest the one that drops off Withered J'im. (Hold onto the Paw though because it might be getting a buff in 7.1, but for now it isn't very good.)

Moving on to talents, you should take Fist of Justice. It's really up to personal taste though, but Fist of Justice is - in my opinion - handier. But if you get Sephuz's Ring then you should take Blinding Light because its damage effect makes the ring's effect proc. (It gives you 70% increased movement speed and 15% haste, if you didn't know already.) You should also take Blade of Wrath since you have such low haste, it's cooldown is shorter and will let you get more attacks out. (I've been wondering lately if there's a point where after you've built up enough haste and critical strike that it's worth taking, but I dunno.) Other than that your talents are what they should be.

There could also be a problem with your Ashbringer. You might not have followed the appropriate path or put in the right relics. But I can't see any of that unless you take a screenshot of your path and tell me which relics you put in it.

Finally, unless there was a typo then you're doing the wrong rotation. You said you do Ashes to Ashes, Judgment, Crusader Strike and then Templar's Verdict. Ashes to Ashes gives you five holy charges immediately, if it hits a target, so you're wasting a charge of Crusader Strike. (Also, never try to build up to five charges before you do Templar's Verdict. Avoid doing that if at all possible.)

Your opener should be, according to IcyVein's guide, Ashes to Ashes, Crusade + Judgement, Templar's Verdict, Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, Blade of Justice/Blade of Wrath, Crusader Strike, Crusader Strike, Judgement, Templar's Verdict and then continue your normal rotation.

There's probably some more experience Ret. Paladins out there who could help you better than I can, but hopefully my two cents helps you out.

Edited by Saloarian