Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fury Warrior and Mastery - of the decimal value

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So this is my first post here (and I just created my account for this sole purpose Posted Image ) but I have been reading for a while.

Lately, I have been somewhat confused by the mastery of my fury warrior.

I know that some classes/specs have their mastery only taking account of the "integer" value of mastery and not the decimal.

With the fury spec, the tooltip does not display the decimal value but the integer, so I assumed it was the same that those classes/specs, but I can't find a source to confirm that. And now that I have been putting some efforts in reforging to get the closest possible to an integer value for my mastery (while staying over it and not under), it's buggin' me to not be able to confirm that it was actually a good idea !

The fact that all guides I have found always say to go for mastery after crit without any mention of staying close to the highest interger value we can achieve is not helping to ease my doubts.

I have tried searching the forums for it, but after browsing through 3 pages of topics I haven't found this information (or missed it). Wasn't able to find anything relevant about it on Google either.

So, does mastery for fury warrior take account of the decimal value or not ?

I.E: If I have 20.53% mastery, are my damages increased by 20% or 20.53% when I am enraged ?

If you have a source for it, that would be much appreciated.

PS: English is not my mother tongue, so please bear with me. Posted Image

Edited by TakoOu

Whereas I cannot give you a definite answer, my best is it take into account the decimal value. You also have to consider that even if it doesn't, the DPS loss would be incredibly minuscule.

Let's take a worst case scenario: Your mastery is currently at 20.99%, and, by some RNG magic you are able to stay enraged 100% of the fight. (Whereas the norm is usually 80-90% in top level gear)

If, with the full mastery you pull 200K DPS, with only the integer part you would get 198K DPS. And that is in a worst case scenario. You can assume that even if it did only take the integer part it would be less than 1k DPS loss, which is nothing with the current DPS people are pulling.

You would be able to get a much bigger improvement in DPS by perfecting your playstyle instead.

Moreover, I see no reason why it would only take the integer value.

1 person likes this

Hi Ragebarr,

Thanks for the answer.

I did not say it was an important DPS gain.

However if it only takes account of the integer value, no matter how small it would be, that would still be a loss to have 20.53% mastery when you could have 20% and like +0.5% to hit or haste instead, those are the worst stats but would still be better than a "dead" stat.

With that being said, I pursued my research after posting this last night, and while I didn't find the original testing, I found numerous discussions where people stated that the decimal value is taken into account despite what the tooltip says according to some tests that had been done. And it seems to be the same for all classes/specs despite what I believed so far.

It will have to do for the time being. Posted Image

I wasn't aware any specs only benefiting from interger values for mastery? what specs do?