FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
orazzledazzle

Unholy DK - Log Help

Hello there. I've recently tried comparing my logs too another DK that had a good percentile. I don't know how he did for a DK, but me looking at his logs I thought he did pretty good so I decided too compare mine too his. I came up with a few points and questions because I have no idea how too properly interpret the logs so I was hoping I could get some solid answers and maybe even feedback too what you notice that I miss as a question. I noticed that my main rotation of the applying and popping the wounds looks pretty on point with his but there's a couple side things that might be holding me back? Thanks a lot in advance and here we go.

His logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/GBCrZpRYmcwMW2Hz/#type=summary&fight=1&source=9

My Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/kQ9zBJbKqjyX7WgC#type=summary&source=10

My Armory: wow-heroes.com/character/us/Kil'jaeden/valicia/

1) I notice we both have different tier 9 talents, all though I don't think it would be a huge difference in damage so I kind of just disregarded that.

2) I noticed under "Damage Done" tab that I have melee as my top DPS and he has only half as much as I do for and I'm not quite sure what melee even is, maybe somebody can clarify what it is? 

3) A huge question I had is we both have the "All will Serve" talent  but under the Damage tab in the logs he has damage with his all will serve but I don't even have all will serve on my damage logs. When I'm playing I see my other minion up, but I do notice when I run too drop a rot out of the group that he follows me and isn't on the boss. It feels like and by looking at the logs it looks like he isn't even doing damage? Can someone clarify please.

4) We also both are talented in to the "Sludge Belcher" yet on my logs Slude Belcher had no damage done. This doesn't look like it should be like this as both of those are contributing a lot towards his damage.

I'm not sure what other things I'm missing but those are the mains one that stood out too me. Like I said before I feel like by comparing too him that my applying and bursting of the wounds is pretty on point, of course there's always room for improvement but those few things I listed might be holding me back from bringing my DPS up. Any tips are appreciated, I'm new to raiding and world of warcraft in general so I'm just trying too improve and I'll take any feedback I can get.

You're pet is hitting the boss it's called Skullker shot not All will serve the reason his shows up at that is because of the way the logs were uploaded advanced logging vs simple logging, nothing there to speak of really. Ignore his tier 9 talents just go with shadow infusion. "Melee" is your auto attack damage. I have to be 100% honest though i have no idea how your auto attack did that much damage, like straight up that's something uncontrollable and that's doing x2.3 more than my auto attack damage is doing on mythic Nethendra. As far as your AWS following you i would just say ignore that i believe it's something blizzard did which makes it so he always follows you. "Sludge Belcher" is just again another advanced logging thing, it is in your damage Vile Gas and other things.

Now as far as things go with your dps rotation, I've noticed a couple problems. You've delayed a lot of your both soul reapers and apocs, by a considerable amount of time. While I know yes you need to have 3 wounds, or 8 wounds on the target before popping them you should be focusing on having the 3 or 8 you need before they come off CD so that you can use them instantly again, your delaying in soul reapers costed you 2 soul reapers, you could have had another 2 casts which is a lot. On top of this I noticed that one of your soul reapers only had 2 wounds popped during it's duration, yes i know bad rng happens but again with slightly more preparing you could prevent this. Your Dark transformation timers considering you were using shadow infusion are very weird, what you should be doing is waiting until the Dark Transformation ends and then spamming DCs into the boss so that the CD is reduced, and then use it instantly upon it being off CD like yes this may be very obvious you could say but your had one DT (dark transformation) that had 1 minute between casting another, which is the full CD so that talent wasn't utilized at all during that one. You also spent a lot of time Runic capped, 100 seconds of the fight to be exact. Which is a huge dps loss.

TLDR, You need to be ready to pop Soul reapers, and apocs as soon as they are off CD, as well as utilizing your Shadow Infusion to the most of it's ability and get out more Dark Transformations, and try to cut down on runic capping.

Side notes: You weren't using the new OP potions these yeild minimum 4m (when used correctly) extra damage if not up to 7mi depending on RNG. The fact you were runic capped a lot during the fight, probably also points towards why Shadow Infusion was not used to it's best of it's ability.

In the log you'r auto attack and you'r pet auto attack as combined, that why you auto attack as first.

And secondly for compare your dps use the tools "compare" of Warcraflog for ilvl/duration/size of the raid and you can really compare.

Your : 865 ilvl / 21 man / 6:49 duration

Him : 858 ilvl / 15 man / 5:33 duration

Compare same fight, the size and the duration are influe dps you did.

I don't look deeply and my english is so bad for help mistakes you makes in fight.

Ioreckz

Kael'thas EU (Fr)

On 10/25/2016 at 4:09 AM, Drtain said:

You're pet is hitting the boss it's called Skullker shot not All will serve the reason his shows up at that is because of the way the logs were uploaded advanced logging vs simple logging, nothing there to speak of really. Ignore his tier 9 talents just go with shadow infusion. "Melee" is your auto attack damage. I have to be 100% honest though i have no idea how your auto attack did that much damage, like straight up that's something uncontrollable and that's doing x2.3 more than my auto attack damage is doing on mythic Nethendra. As far as your AWS following you i would just say ignore that i believe it's something blizzard did which makes it so he always follows you. "Sludge Belcher" is just again another advanced logging thing, it is in your damage Vile Gas and other things.

Now as far as things go with your dps rotation, I've noticed a couple problems. You've delayed a lot of your both soul reapers and apocs, by a considerable amount of time. While I know yes you need to have 3 wounds, or 8 wounds on the target before popping them you should be focusing on having the 3 or 8 you need before they come off CD so that you can use them instantly again, your delaying in soul reapers costed you 2 soul reapers, you could have had another 2 casts which is a lot. On top of this I noticed that one of your soul reapers only had 2 wounds popped during it's duration, yes i know bad rng happens but again with slightly more preparing you could prevent this. Your Dark transformation timers considering you were using shadow infusion are very weird, what you should be doing is waiting until the Dark Transformation ends and then spamming DCs into the boss so that the CD is reduced, and then use it instantly upon it being off CD like yes this may be very obvious you could say but your had one DT (dark transformation) that had 1 minute between casting another, which is the full CD so that talent wasn't utilized at all during that one. You also spent a lot of time Runic capped, 100 seconds of the fight to be exact. Which is a huge dps loss.

TLDR, You need to be ready to pop Soul reapers, and apocs as soon as they are off CD, as well as utilizing your Shadow Infusion to the most of it's ability and get out more Dark Transformations, and try to cut down on runic capping.

Side notes: You weren't using the new OP potions these yeild minimum 4m (when used correctly) extra damage if not up to 7mi depending on RNG. The fact you were runic capped a lot during the fight, probably also points towards why Shadow Infusion was not used to it's best of it's ability.

Alright so for my rotation when Dark Transformation comes off, my #1 priority is to still apply and pop wounds? but to insure that I use death coil  whenever I'm rune capped so I can bring the duration of DT  down? My weak auruas shows the runic but I never really looked at it, but since I read what you wrote I've noticed that when I'm capped or near capped I can hit two death coils until I need more power. 

So lets say I finished popping some wounds and there is still two wounds remaining and Dark Transformation is finished, and I'm waiting for the cooldown. If I had full runic bar would I want too use two death coils before reapplying my wounds? and depending on if death coil procs use that of course, but if it doesn't proc use two death coils when near or max rune bar then reapply wounds and pop and then death coil again depending on how much the bar has? 

Also for Death Coil even when my dark transformation is up and I'm not waiting for it, if I'm popping wounds/applying wounds and my Runic bar is full should I be using Death coil too make sure that my runic bar isn't full? and if so when should I be using it? As soon as my bar is almost full, or maybe when I have wounds applied but just before I pop them make sure I empty my runic bar? Always make sure that my bar isn't capped out? or try my best, but just not too prioritize it over popping/applying wounds?

I was also wondering about neck enchants? Which one would you suggest? I'm gonna be starting too use proper potions just been waiting until we cleared everything a little smoother

Edited by orazzledazzle