FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ezrael

Help on Battletron

I have and item level of over 500 and I cannot seem to get past Battletron.

I am specced as Destruction and have no problem surviving Battletron, but I cannot burn him before the enrage timer. The lowest I have gotten him is 18% and I am thinking that it is simply not enough to drop him beneath 20% and spam Shadowburn which has been my tactic on other bosses.

5 Shadowburns will not be enough to execute this behemoth.

Anyone have better luck on this encounter? Or have any tactics that have worked?

I wiped less on Kanrethad for Christ's sake.

How many mine respawns are you getting? I think the trick was to destroy two max and then with snare from KJC I was able to perfectly pace the gap (run to the gap without snare and then just start circling).

Destro is so meh for Brawler's since Aff/Demo both burst much better.

Only one. I detonate one (usually I mess up and get a second one) and otherwise just run in circles with KJC.

I don't see Affliction as having burst... I can see Demo, but up until now as soon as I blew a boss down to 20% it was game with Destro.

I think I was around like 504ish ilvl when I did Battletron though I think I did it with T14 set so I got two Dark Soul's in (I don't think I pre-potted with the Brawler's Guild pots either, I don't remember though). I'm also not sure if I used DPS pet or tank pet.

Still, I didn't remember having this many problems with the boss -- a few deaths tops to just screwing up the gap a bit too much. Demo may just be better for burst in this case.

I two shotted battletron with 480ish ilvl looong time ago, I was using GoSac Affliction but GoSac wasn't nerfed at that point. You just need your best single target spec with KJC, and a little self heal(maybe glyphed healtstone).

Do you Ember Tap often? Because if you cannot sustain 80k dps with 500+ ilvl you should check Destuction stickies first.

After the buff, I didn't even know it was buffed, if it was left with 5m, you could kill it with only 40k dps.