FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lindorella

Help with Ret Paladin

Hey lindorella

If you provide an armoury link and maybe logs that I could take a look at I would gladly help. All I can really say right now is take a look at the icy veins guide for ret palladin

Edited by barypally

Hey barypally, 

Thanks for your response.  Where do I obtain armoury link and logs.  I would love to send to you.  I have been reading icy-veins and trying to do everything it says, but I am not doing well in dungeons or raids which are my favourite things to do.  I signed up for warcraftlogs.com, but there is nothing in there. 

Looking forward to working with you.

Lindorella

Here is my screen shot showing how I laid out my rotation based on icy-veins.

• Wake of Ashes
  • Zeal
  • Judgement
  • Avenger Wrath
  • Templar's Verdict
  • Divine Storm
  • Blade of Justice
  • Hammer of Justice

I downloaded add-ons 

• Bitten's Spellflash - Pally
  • Recount
  • Spellflash Core
  • Spellflash 
  • Zygor

Interestingly, whether I am in a Quest, Dungeon or Raid, the only one that lights up/flashes is Blade of Justice.

I really want to get better at this.

Regards, 

Lindorella

Log into battlenet for your locality. Search your character name. Once you locate your character, copy the address and post it here, like this:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Sifupally/simple

That will be the first thing, so we can look at your talents and gear.

Next, please help us understand your rotation. Do you use your abilities in a specific order, or by a certain priority, or how?

To help us know how well you are adhering to the priority you have chosen, logs will tells us about your execution. Since you have signed up for warcraft logs, then you should install the client. The client uses Adobe Air, so you may need to install that, as well.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/upload/

Make sure the client is running, then use /combatlog in the chat window before your dungeon or raid to start logging, then again after the raid to stop logging. This is what creates the log for warcraftlogs to upload.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/help/start/

Hi,

Here is my character from battle.net:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Lindorella/simple

As for the rotation, I placed the spells in the order they are listed as priorities on icy-veins above.  When I am playing, I allow Zeal to power up to 2 before I use it and simply hit the numbers as they light up.  It's interesting, the only one that lights up with a flashing frame around it when I am playing is Blade of Justice.  I was hoping Spell Flash would assist in the order for usage, but it only does the 1. 

I will set up a log process with a dungeon or raid as you suggested and send back to you when complete. 

I sure appreciate your help.

Merry Xmas!

Hi,

Here is my character from battle.net:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Lindorella/simple

As for the rotation, I placed the spells in the order they are listed as priorities on icy-veins above.  When I am playing, I allow Zeal to power up to 2 before I use it and simply hit the numbers as they light up.  It's interesting, the only one that lights up with a flashing frame around it when I am playing is Blade of Justice.  I was hoping Spell Flash would assist in the order for usage, but it only does the 1. 

I will set up a log process with a dungeon or raid as you suggested and send back to you when complete. 

I sure appreciate your help.

Merry Xmas!

I would suggest looking hard at Icy Veins' Retribution Paladin guide. 

You're VERY heavily invested in Mastery, which means your Judgments will hit hard, and your HP spenders will too, but you're spending it on Divine Storm during a single target boss encounter...  Are you heavily invested in DS relics?  I'm not sure on the reasoning behind that.  You should be using Templar's Verdict single- to 2-target situations. 

Also, blade of justice is ranged, so use that so it is running the CD down while you make your way to the boss.  Zeal after. 

Build full HP, judge, TV, build another HP, TV again.  in a painfully abbreviated nutshell thats your life as Retribution. 

You might want to check your talent choices too.  Zeal can be better than The Fires of Justice but I think that's generally not the case (depends on stats and gear, blah, blah, sim, blah, blah).  I found it hard to give up Divine Purpose initially but Crusade is really amazing, I strongly recommend switching to that.  Your trinkets are subpar as well.  I would look at the ret pally guide and try to get your hands on some of the recommended ones from dungeons, worth taking even at an ilvl downgrade.  I can't see the relics you have in your artifact weapon but any that increase the duration of Avenging Wrath/Crusade are worth taking over others that have a higher ilvl.  Other than that I would try to get ones that increase the damage of Templar's Verdict which, in a single target fight, can easily be more than half our damage.  Also, I can't get spellflash to work either.  Don't give up, its great that you're trying to improve!