FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lothos1103

Potion of Prolonged Power viability?

As the subject suggests, I wanted to make a thread to fish for opinions or thoughts on how well this potion will perform for us. I know Old War is our go to, but 2500 in each stat (including agility from what I'm told) for a full min sounds pretty effing potent. I know just 1000 vers from Vantas Runes is a solid 3% damage increase making that potion increase our damage by roughly 7.5% for one minute on top of about a 6.5% crit increase, etc. 

If anyone has any thoughts or opinions, let me know! I'll probably be making a bunch once it finally drops for me to be able to test out. Thanks! :)

Character: Morfea - Terenas

2 hours ago, lothos1103 said:

As the subject suggests, I wanted to make a thread to fish for opinions or thoughts on how well this potion will perform for us. I know Old War is our go to, but 2500 in each stat (including agility from what I'm told) for a full min sounds pretty effing potent. I know just 1000 vers from Vantas Runes is a solid 3% damage increase making that potion increase our damage by roughly 7.5% for one minute on top of about a 6.5% crit increase, etc. 

If anyone has any thoughts or opinions, let me know! I'll probably be making a bunch once it finally drops for me to be able to test out. Thanks! :)

Character: Morfea - Terenas

It's kind of an interesting question actually. Stats are always nice, but Old War is pretty much Shadow Reflection v2.0

Old War is still better, because it duplicates your burst, but Prolonged Power is an acceptable replacement particularly at low gear levels. As you get more gear though, the damage that Old War does will multiply and scale much better than Prolonged Power

5 hours ago, Carrn said:

It's kind of an interesting question actually. Stats are always nice, but Old War is pretty much Shadow Reflection v2.0

Old War is still better, because it duplicates your burst, but Prolonged Power is an acceptable replacement particularly at low gear levels. As you get more gear though, the damage that Old War does will multiply and scale much better than Prolonged Power

That's exactly along the lines I was thinking of where the boost in all your stats will be much more relevant at lower ilvls whereas Old War will surely overtake it as our gear levels get higher and the higher stat boosts from Pro Power will become less relevant since our gear is essentially taking care of that for us and Old War will reflect that even further.

Appreciate the response! Any other input is most welcome. :)

My general guidance: Use Old War for progression encounters where DPS is close to the threshold, and Prolonged Power for all others.  Unless you're rich, in which case just use Old War.

• Like 1