FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rylar

Healing off spec (gear question)

So, I love to tank and am loving it as my main spec, but there are times when I simply don't get a chance and still want to play my paladin. I could go dps, but frankly dps isn't my thing. The stats do seem to match up a little better though (high haste). So, assuming I'm geared well for tanking but keep my trinkets and weapon for holy up to par, how much of a hit am I going to take healing vs having the correct stat priority?

Edited by Rylar

It'll be a bit noticeable I think, but you still can probably do just fine. I've seen my healing get better and better as I've built up a proper healing set compared to a proper tank set - Now that I have a full healing set and proper trinkets, I'm doing much better than I was when I had to use whatever I had.

But skill will still play a large role in it :)

Yes, the hit will be noticable since the critical spell Holy Shock is your bread and butter as a holy paladin and critical strike plays a big part in this. Versatility is actually good to have, but haste is the most undesirable stat to have. Anyway, for non-demanding content you'll be fine.