FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
harambesmeat

Enh Logs Review

Im looking to get some reviews for a guildie of mine. His dps is doing well but I feel like he should be able to eek out some more based on how strong enh is right now. We don't have any other experienced enh shamans in guild so if someone with some deep class knowledge could look into his rotation and let me know if theres anything he could do to improve his performance. Thank you in advance.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rgtAmbL21WRDVxyY/#type=damage-done&boss=1841&wipes=1

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Mokaru/advanced

The only way he can get more dps (from what I can see) is by replacing some of his more horrendous peices of gear and getting rid of all that vers and disgusting crit for Mastery and haste. Also a lot of his gear has haste over Mastery which is a concern not sure if it is just what dropped or not but get that switched to Mastery > haste. Tell him go farm himself a momento of angerboda or eggshell and get rid of that chaos talisman in my opinion but only after getting rid of all that crap I was referring to earlier. Other than that he is playing as well as he can given his gear. Also tell him to stop being cheap and buy a neck enchant.

His frostbrand uptime and boulderfist uptime should be higher. Also tell him to try fishbrul special as buff food as the damage scales with out Mastery. Again get more Mastery there is a reason it's out best stat you should be sitting at like 70-80%+ for mythic content easy :P

Edited by Kargar
Forgot some stuff.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll get all of this relayed to him. One note though. I was farming maw M+ the other day with him and a 865 socketed memento dropped. We ended up swimming the trinket for everyone to see who would benefit most from it and gave it to the rogue due to it being a 7k dps increase. The shammy said that it was a 2k dps loss for him over his chaos talisman. Did he just mess up the sim?

@Kargar

Edited by harambesmeat
spelling

Yeah I don't know. Either he messed up or I messed up. I have memento as one of our highest rated trinkets. Maybe he forgot to increase the Ilvl or angerboda to 865 with socket and a gem it in it when you simmed it. I'm at lost honestly. Have him try simming eggshell.

Mokaru here, 

The gear I have on right now is the best I can do. I've known that mastery and haste are our best stats but I just haven't been that lucky with rolls. I've been on a mission to replace all of my crit/versatility with Mastery/haste. The chaos talisman also sim'd higher than my heroic Swarming Plaguehive which is the only other trinket I have at the moment. I also have the legendary neck with mark of the satyr and a agi gem, I'm just waiting for order hall to give me 2 Legendarys. 

I would like to add that you shouldnt use Feral Lunge in the opener as it has global cooldown. 
Also dont use Doom Winds right before Feral Spirit, since Feral Spirit make your character stop auto attacking for about 1 second, which means you waste 1 second of your doom winds. 
Use Crash Lightning right after Feral Spirit to buff them with Alpha Wolf, which also increases their single target damage.
Other than that, it just looks like your gear sucks! :D
I would suggest getting  Spontaneous Appendages  As it will increase the uptime of your Stormbringer, resulting in higher dps!

Gotta love progression, 4 hours and 30 wipes on Mythic Ursoc.. kudos for having that kind of patience and endurance.

Satyr neck enchant is really strong and pretty much mandatory for a serious raider. I was surprised not to see it, but if you're waiting to equip a second legendary I suppose I can understand it. Personally I have the enchant on a crafted 855 neck because I haven't gotten anything better.

Even if you lose some item levels, Mastery is so overweight for Enhancement, it is ridiculous. It is weighted higher than Agility in every sim I've seen. I made an exception for an 880 Crit/Haste ring with a socket, because it would have made me sad not to use a piece that rolled like that. If you're doing high Mythic+ dungeons or Mythic raiding, though, everything does so much damage that Stamina becomes just as much a priority stat as anything else. Can't do much DPS if you're dead.

I'm having trouble viewing the details in the logs, so I'll have to do a deep dive later on when I can review them.