FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Buzefalos

Error prone play style

Hello,

when I compare my Unholy spec to my guild mates I have seen in raids and mythic instances that I have hard time being close to the frost colleagues. Yesterday we did 4 instances in a row and when I compared I discovered that one of the reasons seems to be bad proc timing of myself.

Example is that I have runes ready for soul reaper or apoc and immediate after I click the button the target jumps away or I am pushed away etc. If I can run the rotation perfectly I match or overpower the frost guys, but honestly that happens in 1 out of 20 cases.

Now the question is whether frost is more gentle on timing errors?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/alleria/Buzefalos/simple

This sounds like a playstyle issue that will affect you no matter what spec you play. You'll need to work on focusing on your surroundings and knowing when things are going to move. If you're hitting a button still and the target has moved, that's just an awareness issue. 

I don't know if Frost is more/less forgiving, but the problem will still remain since it has melee spells.

Of all of unholy's toolkit soulreaper is really the only one with some room for error. Beyond that everything has a bit of a duration so you should be fine. As far as blainie mentioned, it does appear to be more of a personal issue. In WoD with defile people had sort of similar problems. The big part of this is simply learning the fight and what the boss is going to do. An easier way is to download deadly boss mods, and it will literally tell you how many seconds until the boss does something else. The other thing too is that in your individual group you will handle things certain ways, but it should go that way every single time so you learn how your group does things and where the boss should be.

Frost doesn't require as much buildup as unholy does necessarily however, it requires keeping up stacks of a buff that is very short lived. Pretty much any boss mechanic where you move, will cause this buff (icy talons) to fall off and you have to reapply it. So, you won't see the issue vanish by switching to frost. Frankly even then you'd have the problem with any spec, even casters. You line up your big fire burst, or your big boomie burst, and uh oh boss moves or there is a mechanic you have to do. 

It's more about learning the fights :)