Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone The Gadgetzan Gazette: Vol. 37 #7 and #8

10 posts in this topic

ymZ3zjZ.png

Blizzard have been teasing the new expansion again, this time in the form of The Gadgetzan Gazette newspaper.

The first edition to be released was Volume 32 Number 7 and talks about the first unrobbable bank in Gadgetzan. The line "Citizens can see the new building for themselves when the First Bank of Gadgetzan opens to the public with a ribbon-cutting ceremony next week" is encouraging. Presumably this means we will get a reveal of the new set at BlizzCon.

5llEmSS.png

Volume 37 Number 8 talks about Gadgetzan Port. Other than the ongoing themes of money, trade, and greed, the main point of interest from a Hearthstone point of view is the mention of "Secret dragon people". With lots of Dragon cards rotating out in the new year, it will be encouraging to fans of Dragons that they seem likely to be replenished in Gadgetzan.

Does no one pick on the mentioned red mana? Maybe a new mechanic? Or is this too far fetched?

4 hours ago, JohannesArnold said:

Does no one pick on the mentioned red mana? Maybe a new mechanic? Or is this too far fetched?

Now that'd be interesting. Perhaps mana to be used on stolen spells/cards?

I would love if they add the possibility of playing hybrid (half-blood) classes... Like a pala-warrior, warlock-priest, mage-rogue, shaman-druid, would be awesome,  endless possibilities.

Edited by lexblow
Spelling

6 hours ago, lexblow said:

I would love if they add the possibility of playing hybrid (half-blood) classes... Like a pala-warrior, warlock-priest, mage-rogue, shaman-druid, would be awesome,  endless possibilities.

Very interesting. I do think it would be crazy OP for certain class combos though, especially if it was restricted to certain classes being with others. Imagine a Miracle-Tempo Mage Rogue deck. It would be unstoppable!

On 29. 10. 2016 at 5:48 PM, Blainie said:

Very interesting. I do think it would be crazy OP for certain class combos though, especially if it was restricted to certain classes being with others. Imagine a Miracle-Tempo Mage Rogue deck. It would be unstoppable!

Did someone say 24 damage from Flamewaker on turn 3?

I would also love a thing that was suggested before TGT launch - specs. Different specs would have different hero powers, but still would be in the same class (meaning that it would have the same cards available). It's probably not gonna happen, but fingers crossed!

On 10/28/2016 at 3:24 PM, JohannesArnold said:

I'd guess that this may hint at them expanding the mechanic they used for Cho'Gall where you spend health ("red mana") instead of regular mana to play a card.  Maybe that paired with an increase in healing cards?

1 hour ago, Neuric said:

I'd guess that this may hint at them expanding the mechanic they used for Cho'Gall where you spend health ("red mana") instead of regular mana to play a card.  Maybe that paired with an increase in healing cards?

Maybe an overheal mechanic for heroes. This could make priest not trash and make heals better in standard, but it would destabilize wild meta, mainly by making freeze mage top quality 100% stainless steel.

On 10/30/2016 at 8:05 PM, positiv2 said:

Did someone say 24 damage from Flamewaker on turn 3?

Isn't that just normal Tempo mage?

1 person likes this