FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Yuno

[Fire] Help with damage improvement please!

Hello there,

Fire mage player with 876 itLvl. Currently progressing at mythic mode of Esmerald Nightmare. With the current gear im not doing the damege that I should be doing.

Did checked a lot of logs and watched some streams and couldn't improve a lot.

I'm not sure if it's a rotation problem or what. Can easily reach 800k on burst but the problem is that when the fight goes further, my Dps drops drastically.

Here is my armory link and some of my logs with the progress:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/character/dun-modr/Yünø/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/906422/latest/

Would really appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

800 k burst O_O, wow, anyway i can burst 350~400k, after that my dps drastically drops like you to 120k, or something like that... is just  ... i dont know what to do either ;/.

856ilvl ( i think )

Edited by ayurai

How did you do that Lily? lol.  It never brings that page up, it just brings it up inside the rankings page.  I can't get the url for the actual report itself.    The yMtCxvcbTZFVaXGg portion.  I click on the fight, change the fight to different boss, all stays inside the rankings page.

Will look at these logs in a bit.

Yuno, you are not converting your pyros that crit into hot streaks.  You are at 8 out of 14 conversions on that fight.  So 6 more of your pyros actually crit for a heating up proc but you did not convert them to new hot streaks for an instant pyro.

During combustion, you are only getting 5 pyros out.  You can get 6 to 7.  On your first combustion phase you used 4 fire blasts, and 2 PF.  You should have at least had 6 pyros from that.  The other times you only had 3 fire blasts and 2 PF, and the last one you had 3 Blast and 1 PF.  It's odd. 

Remember, with combustion you need to have 4 things in total.  Combustion+ROP + 2 Fire Blast, +2 PF ready + Flame on. You need to work your rotation into always leaving Fireblast/PF and Flame on up when Combustion and ROP are coming close to being ready.

You continue Pyro fishing until you get a hot streak, cast ROP and right at the last second of ROP hit Combustion.  Throw Pyro out, Fire Blast > Pyro (2) > Fire Blast > Pyro (3) > Flame On > Fire Blast > Pyro (4) > Fire Blast > Pyro (5) > PF > Pyro (6) > you should be able to get 1 more PF in at the end of Combustion giving you a final hot streak of a 7th Pyro.  Before sending that 7th pyro out, ensure you throw a new ROP down first.  Then go back to pyro fishing.

Also, you are using Conflag + Cinderstorm instead of Pyromaniac + Kindling.  Therefore you're not going to be maxing your damage output out.  Mythic is different, but I don't think the extra aoe you gain from Cinderstorm and Conflag are weighted benefits as opposed to straight up single target damage to get those players who are mind controlled out.  Now, I don't know your raid, or strat, so I will leave this to you.

Edited by Thazi

On 6/11/2016 at 10:30 PM, Thazi said:

How did you do that Lily? lol.  It never brings that page up, it just brings it up inside the rankings page.  I can't get the url for the actual report itself.    The yMtCxvcbTZFVaXGg portion.  I click on the fight, change the fight to different boss, all stays inside the rankings page.

Will look at these logs in a bit.

Yuno, you are not converting your pyros that crit into hot streaks.  You are at 8 out of 14 conversions on that fight.  So 6 more of your pyros actually crit for a heating up proc but you did not convert them to new hot streaks for an instant pyro.

During combustion, you are only getting 5 pyros out.  You can get 6 to 7.  On your first combustion phase you used 4 fire blasts, and 2 PF.  You should have at least had 6 pyros from that.  The other times you only had 3 fire blasts and 2 PF, and the last one you had 3 Blast and 1 PF.  It's odd. 

Remember, with combustion you need to have 4 things in total.  Combustion+ROP + 2 Fire Blast, +2 PF ready + Flame on. You need to work your rotation into always leaving Fireblast/PF and Flame on up when Combustion and ROP are coming close to being ready.

You continue Pyro fishing until you get a hot streak, cast ROP and right at the last second of ROP hit Combustion.  Throw Pyro out, Fire Blast > Pyro (2) > Fire Blast > Pyro (3) > Flame On > Fire Blast > Pyro (4) > Fire Blast > Pyro (5) > PF > Pyro (6) > you should be able to get 1 more PF in at the end of Combustion giving you a final hot streak of a 7th Pyro.  Before sending that 7th pyro out, ensure you throw a new ROP down first.  Then go back to pyro fishing.

Also, you are using Conflag + Cinderstorm instead of Pyromaniac + Kindling.  Therefore you're not going to be maxing your damage output out.  Mythic is different, but I don't think the extra aoe you gain from Cinderstorm and Conflag are weighted benefits as opposed to straight up single target damage to get those players who are mind controlled out.  Now, I don't know your raid, or strat, so I will leave this to you.

Thanks a lot for your help Thazi, did improve my dps with the advices you gave to me. 

Edited by Yuno

12 hours ago, Yuno said:

Thanks a lot for your help Thazi, did improve my dps with the advices you gave to me. 

Glad I helped!

13 hours ago, Thazi said:

Glad I helped!

Thazi, i hope you can help me too.

I have 2 questions:

1) It's still better to use ROP instead of incanter's flow?

2) Are you using living bomb or instable magic?

Thank you for answers,

Lorin. 

Hey Lorin,

I will answer your questions (if it's not too late).

1) Yes, RoP is still the best talent your can choose!

2) For AoE you should take LB, for pure single-target stick to UM. But if your gear get's better you are casting less and less Fireballs which leads to less DMG from UM. So the loss of taking LB isn't reallt big.

Greetings :)

15 hours ago, Lily said:

Hey Lorin,

I will answer your questions (if it's not too late).

1) Yes, RoP is still the best talent your can choose!

2) For AoE you should take LB, for pure single-target stick to UM. But if your gear get's better you are casting less and less Fireballs which leads to less DMG from UM. So the loss of taking LB isn't reallt big.

Greetings :)

Sorry I didnt reply.  I was very sick this past week.

As Lily stated, ROP is the number 1 talent.

Unless your group or raid absolutely needs extra AOE, I would stick to pure single target through Unstable Magic.  I find our AOE to be....lacking.