FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vestion

Dps consistency

So, in a raid recently while doing Quon HC, for some reason my dps was terrible. I mean terrible. Most of the time I was at 5th place on the meters and getting 200k on my opener. However, other times I would get my normal 300k-ish opener but still find myself slipping down the meters. Now, I was using the same rotation, reforges gems enchants ect ect as I always do.

To get an idea of what I normally do on quon: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f9zqgva8tkyxmg17/details/88/?enc=bosses&boss=68078

This is what I was doing: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6ctvba179b7nlt3t/details/2/?enc=bosses&boss=68078

RNG dose not make that much of a difference. Is there anything anyone can see that could cause my huge dps loss?

what i can say after looking through the logs( i compared this old, but rather long wipe with the actual kill(gz for this):

your uptime on Corruption and Doom is too low (on both tries):

96.8%/90.5% for the wipe and 91.2%/ 86.7% for the kill

For Doom on kill this uptime means a timeframe of 76 sec where it wasn´t applied, which robs you of damage, the oncrit wild imps, the demonic fury out of their attacks and therefore Meta uptime

• Like 1

So you and your lock partner/rival could take some notes form each other's playbook.

I won't compare overall DPS since he has UVLS which is helping him quite a bit while you don't, but comparing things like Corr/Doom uptimes, SF stacking/uptimes, CD usage, etc.

Corruption up-time: Vestion = 91.2% Evoulz = 97.7%

Doom up-time: Vestion = 86.7% Evoulz = 97.1%

Now I'm assuming he is using Glyph of EA to compliment his UVLS, which is something that really simplifies his gameplay whereas your DoT management takes more work without the glyph. Not exactly fair to compare the two, but regardless, your DoT up-times need to be improved here.

Dark Soul Totals: Vestion = 4 Evoulz = 5

He's pretty much got you dead to rights at this point. You went over 4 minutes without popping DS. but we can pull out your HoG/SF numbers and...

SF up-time: Vestion = 37.8% Evoulz = 31.2%

SF Stacking: Vestion = Consistent 2x stacks Evoulz = Rarely 2 stacks of SF.

Your HoG/SF gameplay is excellent, close to 40% theoretical max, while his is...sporadic at best. It looks like you were able to line up a majority of your HoG's with your Mastermind procs which is why SF was your 2nd highest damaging spell for that parse. Pretty interesting. Keep doing what you're doing here!

Don't be discouraged by the comparison as I'm sort of comparing two different specs/playstyles here as things do become MUCH simpler and more effective by picking up UVLS. It's almost night and day how much that trinket helps out.

Now I know this doesn't answer your question specifically as to comparing your old parse to your new one, but I think the info will be more valuable to you. It's also worth it to note that while your rank dropped, your overall DPS did increase a little bit. Its just that other members of your raid improved significantly (40k+ increase for Evoulz). Also there are differences in the way you guys approached the fight such as Heroing off of the pull in the old log, vs Heroing towards the end of the fight will lead to dramatic differences in opener burst totals.

Edited by Cruzan
  • Like 1

Something else I noticed is zero instances of either of your pets using Felstorm. Not sure if this is just missing from WoL for some reason, but it would be a fairly large loss to not include it.

Thanks for the feedback. I dont know whats going on with my DoT uptime there tbh, does the fact that 5 targets are up in phase 4 effect this? I find that normally my DoTs are always rolling on the target im dpsing.

As for DS, I think this fight is a great example because in phase 3 you need to delay your CDs for the 4th phase. I dont know why he got an extra one off though, he may of not delayed the CD, but that means much less burst on phase 4 and can cause wipes.

I dont know what he does with SF, but as he has the lei shen trinket I have always assumed he has some reasoning behind it. Now im begining to doubt that.

I didnt even consider losing hero at the start, so that does explain a lot.

Lastly, about felstorm, I always assumed that was a single target dps loss because of leigion strike?

Speaking of DPS can someone help me with mine? I used to be high at destruction.. used being the operative word. Its supposed to be the easiest spec for a lock to play and i have played a lock since LK and yet I dont know what im doing wrong. Here is a link to my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Decayn/simple

One question i have is am I supposed to be pooling chaos bolts or firing them off as I get them?

Any help would be appreciated.. beyond frustrated

Speaking of DPS can someone help me with mine? I used to be high at destruction.. used being the operative word. Its supposed to be the easiest spec for a lock to play and i have played a lock since LK and yet I dont know what im doing wrong. Here is a link to my armory. http://us.battle.net...s/Decayn/simple

One question i have is am I supposed to be pooling chaos bolts or firing them off as I get them?

Make your own thread for this and link relevant logs, more details of your rotation. Because there are so many multiple-target fights in T15, I would suggest stacking Mastery rather than Haste for right now. As far as Chaos Bolt usage, I'm pretty sure the standard has always been to spend them all when you have trinket procs.

Speaking of DPS can someone help me with mine? I used to be high at destruction.. used being the operative word. Its supposed to be the easiest spec for a lock to play and i have played a lock since LK and yet I dont know what im doing wrong. Here is a link to my armory. http://us.battle.net...s/Decayn/simple

Without much more info there isn't much we can help you with. I found 2 logs for you which are sort of old, but there are a couple of things you can be doing to help yourself out more.

It doesn't look like you're using RoF on single-target. Toss RoF in to your rotation and aim for as high of an up-time as you can. Also work on your immolate uptimes. Immo seems to drop off a lot for you. As for the Chaos Bolts, you want to line up firing those off whenever you get big Intellect procs or whenever you have Dark Soul active. Never fire a CB without any procs as it is a big waste, exception being if you're about to cap at 4 embers. Pool embers for about 30 seconds or so before DS is coming off CD. Basic Destro type stuff Posted Image

If you are interested in more details (or whatever can't be answered by reading the Destro Tips thread made by Zagam) you'll need to record and link some logs using worldoflogs.

EDIT: Tarazet beat me to it hehePosted Image and I see you made your own thread already.

Edited by Cruzan

Thanks for the feedback. I dont know whats going on with my DoT uptime there tbh, does the fact that 5 targets are up in phase 4 effect this? I find that normally my DoTs are always rolling on the target im dpsing.

As for DS, I think this fight is a great example because in phase 3 you need to delay your CDs for the 4th phase. I dont know why he got an extra one off though, he may of not delayed the CD, but that means much less burst on phase 4 and can cause wipes.

I dont know what he does with SF, but as he has the lei shen trinket I have always assumed he has some reasoning behind it. Now im begining to doubt that.

I didnt even consider losing hero at the start, so that does explain a lot.

Lastly, about felstorm, I always assumed that was a single target dps loss because of leigion strike?

He probably put out a DS in that "waiting period" lots of people do in third phase.. most people wait, but with our times on DS it's not a big deal to throw out a DS if it's going to be up around appropriate times.. YOU need to know approx how much time you have left and if you can squeeze another one.. Being able to maximize your cd usage will up your dps greatly.

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=9467&e=9993

Our log from last week.. which is a poor example seeing as people died like early on and the rest of us carried.. lol... Anyway

I'll link this weeks after raid tonight.. we only raid 3x weekly.. and we didn't raid on the fourth so we have alot of heroics to push down time.. May skip a few heroics we just to get some gear that helps us.. Our rogue is still using LFR daggers and one from SHA ... It's getting silly how we can not get 1 damn dagger to drop.. neither H Magera or H Quon ever drop.. his potential is great so i'm really looking forward to further gearing him.. we did get him like best in slot trinkets though ... I'm still waiting for H twins to give me a weap.. that will greatly help.. H Horridon weap is okay but the stats on it are ICK. lol

PS i should mention something i could do to improve my damage a bit is my SF/HOG usage.. it's a bit low.. i better work on that myself... i think mostly due to procs is why though.

Edited by obleak