FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nicarlitos

good new stuff

I like the look of these. Almost quells my rage about unique legendary cloaks. Almost. But seriously, really good new stuff for blood.

Blood

• Riposte is a new passive ability learned by Blood Death Knights at level 76. When the Death Knight dodges or parries any attack, they gain 50% of their Parry and Dodge as additional bonus to Critical Strike for 20 seconds.
  • Dancing Rune Weapon no longer costs Runic Power.

Dodge and parry back en vouge? Madness.

And now, maybe I'll even use DRW...I don't think I've used it on one boss this tier.

I've been using glyphed DRW for threat on tank swaps mostly, but they're fixing that issue too.

Riposte is really interesting, Mastery will still be our best stat for survivability, but now avoidance tanking could be the way to go for higher tank dps. I wonder if that was Blizzards goal; not just to give tanks a dps boost, but to move them away from haste stacking.

Edited by Storm

I wonder if that was Blizzards goal; not just to give tanks a dps boost, but to move them away from haste stacking.

I think is this blizz objective for Warriors and DK tanks, 'cause only them will have the Riposte ability, as they are below other tank classes in terms of DPS and threat generation...

DRW will become useful more frequently.

Edited by Tyrendorf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Archimage
      About: I've decided to make a guide on Leveling Heirlooms since I did not find any quick guides for it. This is my first guide, so please feel free to give some constructive feedback   What are Heirlooms: Heirlooms are items which stats scale with your character's level, reducing the need to replace gear whose stats are becoming too low for your level.  
      Heirloom Collections Tab: A new Heirloom system has been introduced in 6.1, adding all your heirlooms to your Collections, where they can be easily accessed without having to mail the heirlooms to other characters. Already earned heirlooms will be added to the collection once you have logged in with the character that has the heirlooms in their bank/bag. Any newly purchased heirlooms will automatically be added to your collection. To use a heirloom, simply find and click on it in the Heirlooms tab, and it will be placed in your inventory, and then equip it. You can also recreate the same heirloom if you want to dual-wield it, or have two trinkets or rings of the same type.
        Categories: Heirlooms can be divided into the following 4 categories, based on what stats they give:    Strength-Haste - Gear for Melee damage dealers that requires more haste than crit. These pieces were the tanking pieces, but the Parry/Dodge stats were changed in 6.0  
      Strength-Crit  - Gear for Melee damage dealers that requires more crit than haste.
      Agility - Gear for Melee+Ranged damage dealers
      Intellect - Gear for Spell-caster Damage Dealers and Healers
      There are also subcategories for armor types, like Cloth, Leather, Mail and Plate.
      There are also subcategories for slots, like Chest, Shoulder, Leggings, Weapons etc
      How to buy Leveling Heirlooms:   Heirlooms can be brought with the following currencies: Gold (g) Burning Blossoms (Midsummer Fire Festival)
      Tricky Treat (Hallow's End)
      Coin of Ancestry (Lunar Festival)
      Mark of Honor (PvP)
      Timewarped Badge (Timewalking)
        Darkmoon Prize Ticket (DPT) Champion's Seals (CS)   From these vendors: Alliance: Krom Stoutarm Horde: Estelle Gendry Guild Vendors: (A) Shay Pressler / (H) Goram  
      Head, Shoulder, Chest, Cloak and Pants pieces cost 500 gold / 50 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 25 Champion's Seals One-handed weapons (except the fist weapons) cost 650 gold / 50 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 25 Champion's Seals  Two-handed weapons cost 750 gold / 75 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 40 Champion's Seals Off-hand weapons cost 500 gold / 50 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 25 Champion's Seals Trinkets cost 700 gold / 70 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 35 Champion's Seals The New Neck pieces cost 700 gold   Once you have brought a new heirloom, it's starting level range will be from level 1 to 60, meaning it will stop to scale up once you have reached level 60. This level cap can be increased twice by upgrading the piece with these tokens.    Armor (1-90): Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing costs 100 gold / 100 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 55 Champion's Seals / 2000 Honor Armor (1-100): Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing costs 2000 gold Weapon (1-90): Ancient Heirloom Scabbard costs 1200 gold / 120 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 65 Champion's Seals / 2400 Honor Weapon (1-100): Timeworn Heirloom Scabbard costs 5000 gold   List of Heirlooms per Category   Strength-Haste Plate (Warrior / Paladin / Death Knights) Head: Burnished Helm of Might Shoulders:Burnished Pauldrons of Might Chest: Burnished Breastplate of Might  Back: Ripped Sandstorm Cloak Leggings: Burnished Legplates of Might Ring: Dread Pirate Ring Weapon: Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver Shield: Flamescarred Draconian Deflector
      Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast     Strength-Crit Plate (Warrior / Paladin / Death Knights) Head:Polished Helm of Valor Shoulders:Polished Spaulders of Valor Chest: Polished Breastplate of Valor Back: Worn Stoneskin Gargoyle Cape Leggings: Polished Legplates of Valor Ring: Dread Pirate Ring 2H Axe: Bloodied Arcanite Reaper Dual Wield 1H Sword: Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver  Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast  
      Agility Mail (Hunter, Enhancement Shaman) Head:Tarnished Raging Berserker's Helm Shoulders: Champion Herod's Shoulder Chest: Champion's Deathdealer Breastplate Back:Back:Inherited Cape of the Black Baron (Can be used by Agility Leather characters) Leggings:Tarnished Leggings of Destruction Ring: Dread Pirate Ring Dual Wield 1H Mace: Venerable Mass of McGowan (Combat Rogues can use this) Bow: Charmed Ancient Bone Bow Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast   Intellect Mail (Elemental/Restoration Shaman, Holy Paladins) Head: Mystical Coif of Elements Shoulders:Mystical Pauldrons of Elements Chest: Mystical Vest of Elements Back: Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak (Also used by Intellect Cloth and Intellect Leather) Leggings:Mystical Kilt of Elements Ring: Dread Pirate Ring 1H Mace: Devout Aurastone Hammer Staff: Dignified Headmaster's Charge Shield: Weathered Observer's Shield Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast   Agility Leather (Rogue, Feral Druid, Windwalker Monk. To a lesser extent Enhancement Shamans and Hunters) Head:Stained Shadowcraft Cap Shoulders: Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders Chest: Stained Shadowcraft Tunic Back:Inherited Cape of the Black Baron (Can be used by Agility Mail characters) Leggings:Stained Shadowcraft Pants Ring: Dread Pirate Ring  
      Dual Wield 1H Sword: Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge Dual Wield 1H Mace: Venerable Mass of McGowan (Enhancement Shamans can use this)   Dual Wield Daggers: Balanced Heartseeker Staff (Feral Druids): Burnished Warden Staff  Bow: Charmed Ancient Bone Bow  Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast  
      Intellect Leather (Balance/Restoration Druids, Mistweaver Monk) Head: Preened Tribal War Feathers Shoulders: Preened Ironfeather Shoulders Chest: Preened Ironfeather Breastplate  Back: Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak (Also used by Intellect Cloth and Intellect Mail) Leggings: Preened Wildfeather Leggings Ring: Dread Pirate Ring   1H Mace: Devout Aurastone Hammer  Staff: Dignified Headmaster's Charge Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast     Intellect Cloth (Mage, Priest, Warlock) Head: Tattered Dreadmist Mask Shoulders:Tattered Dreadmist Mantle Chest: Tattered Dreadmist Robe  Back: Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak (Also used by Intellect Leather and Intellect Mail) Leggings: Tattered Dreadmist Leggings Ring: Dread Pirate Ring   Staff: Dignified Headmaster's Charge  Off-Hand: Musty Tome of the Lost Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast  
      Collecting 35 heirlooms will reward you with a Chauffeured Chopper, which can be used as a mount from level 1.
    • By Browed
      Granted these are subject to change, but worth discussing.
      Some fairly minor changes, however, I'm not turning down any buffs :)
      The increased chance to gain runes is more significant than the Breath of Sindragosa buff, but...
      In reality there is no change to rotations, and whether we go Breath instead of Oblitaration/GA is going to go back on the table.. but I doubt it's made it mandatory.
      Thoughts?
    • By TheWillrus
      I play a Combat Rogue and noticed that on the PTR Death From Above is getting a ~25% buff to it's AOE.  Now I know that Venom Rush is best at the moment due to it's raw energy regen, however I was wondering when there was a scenario where DFA becomes a dps increase?  

I'm not great at theorycrafting but I hope that some people are more knowledged on the effectiveness of DFA?

I really want to use DFA.

DFA.

• By Krushinator
      Post your favourite overall addon, and your favourite rogue-specific addon!

My favourite overall addon is TellMeWhen: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info10855-TellMeWhen.html

It's a modernized power aura addon that takes all of the tedious aspects of older addons and makes them simpler. Many aura features are automatic or able to be switched with simple sliders and checkboxes. Sizing and positioning can be done with dragging or anchored coordinates.

My favourite rogue-specific addon is Bandit's Guile Helper: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/bandits-guile-helper/

A resizable movable icon that tells you everything you need to know about your Bandit's Guile ability. It tells you what stage of the buff you are at, how many stacks you are at, and how many seconds you have left once you reach Deep Insight. It is colour coded and very intuitive, and best of all it requires no setup.
    • By Krushinator
      The pure DPS classes that I raided with in the past have all had different attitudes about how they pick and switch between their specs. I have been a part of my guild for almost 5 years now, and from watching literally hundreds of players come and go from raids, I have noticed some patterns in these attitudes.

The Mages were the most fiercely resistant to spec swapping for different encounters during a patch. They either had emotional attachments to a spec, some kind of problem with the rotation of other specs, or some amount of math and theory to back up their choice.

The Warlocks seemed to intentionally avoid learning how to play other specs so they wouldn't have to change from their current. For the most part the Warlocks I've played with were aware of the advantages of one spec or another in a given situation, but they didn't swap anyway.

The Hunters seemed to consistently have a clearly dominant spec for all situations. For one reason or another one spec would just fire out ahead of the others and all the Hunters would switch. A few were resistant, but most switched once per patch and didn't switch back.

The Rogues I raided with I would equate closest to the Warlocks, with a few differences. We have the unique problem among the pure DPS classes of being hamstrung by weapon type for spec swapping (not in 6.0! Yay!), which I believe contributes to a lot of Rogues not playing the correct spec for the correct encounter. Once a Rogue has all the weapons required, they will often swap between Assassination and Combat as necessary to get better cleave damage or better single target damage. Subtlety, after all the simplifying and math that shows how viable and in some cases superior it is, still has the stigma of being the overly hard spec that doesn't match Assassination in single target.

Since weapons will no longer be a barrier to spec swapping for Rogues, this is the perfect time to put your energy into learning all three of your specs. Especially at a higher level of play, each spec offers very unique benefits that can make or break a progression encounter.

So, why should you learn all three specs? In my experience, there have been opportunities in every tier of raiding for one or more variations of all three specs to shine through. You can't just care about theoretical Patchwerk DPS, you have to consider the strengths and weaknesses of each spec and playstyle against the scenarios presented by each boss. Sometimes it isn't about maxing out your overall DPS, sometimes it's about even DPS across multiple targets, or burst DPS on a critical mob. You will feel like a raiding genius if your raid is having a problem with a mechanic and you're able to switch your spec to fix it. You will feel like a scrub if your raid leader asks you to switch specs to help with that mechanic, and you have to tell them that you can't, because you don't know how.

Subtlety has two somewhat distinct play styles; sustained single target and burst single target. All the same spells are used, but the priorities are different. Sustained single target DPS is what is described in our class guides, burst play is a little more nuanced. This is something you'll want to know for a boss that spawns an add that must die as quickly as possible, but has enough health to live more than 4 seconds (unfortunately, most adds these days die too quickly). I won't go into the details here because it would muck up the thread, but if you'd like me to I can make a separate post about it.

Assassination has an underused multi target play style which amounts to Rupture spreading. The reason this play style has vanished is because Combat for some reason now has a higher sustained single target DPS rotation than Assassination does, theoretically. Going forward I would not count on this being the case. Multi-Rupture rotation for Assassination is great for a fight where there is one available target for parts of the fight, and there are 1 to 2 other grouped up targets for other parts of the fight. The concept for this play style is easier than Subtlety burst, and I'll go through it in detail if anyone wants to read about it.

Combat, well, there's one way to play Combat. Cleave city. I wish there was more variety and more functionality for this spec, but there isn't. Enjoy your Galakras ranks (if Warlocks and Ele Shamans ever stop being insane for AoE).

Learning all of your possibilities isn't about ranking or forcing them into situations, it's about having options and being the best you can be in a specific scenario. Maybe one week on Norushen your group is having a terrible time killing the Amalgam's, so you switch to Subtlety during the break to help with the burst. Maybe the next week they are fine, so you switch back to single target Combat. If the group isn't killing tiny adds on Sha of Pride well enough late in the fight, you could switch away from single target Subtlety to a mass AoE Assassination play style. Knowledge of your own class will weasel you through progression kills; I've done it myself a number of times.