FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
penance

Shadow priest dps a lil low?

Hello guys,

My friends Spriest's damage seems a little low for his gear level. Im pretty sure his rotation is decent enough, but i cant watch him like a hawk to make sure. I would you guys to help me and him to see what hes doing wrong. he does about 56k dps with a 498 ilvl. According to SimCraft he should do in the 60ks range dps. This is my first forum post so im not entirely sure what all you need besides the links to WoL and his armory. which are here..

http://www.worldoflo...egi7k28kl99tj9/

http://us.battle.net...fshadows/simple

Thank yuo very much with the future help.

( i noticed the logs counted everyone near me instead of just him and me) i will redo the logs with a MSV LFR tomorrow afternoon

Edited by CodyCarlisle

Can't say I'm the best at reading WoL, but from that log, which was made on a training dummy, I'm seeing hits from mind spike and mind sear. If it was supposed to be a single target DPS check, those spells have no use whatsoever in the rotation. Also, if indeed it was single target, there is no reason not to have 100% uptime on both DoT's (SW:P and VT). He should try to time casting DP when both the other dots won't need refreshing if he is to benefit from the full potential of insanity.

From what I'm seeing on his raiding progression, it's close to none, including LFR's for some reason. Since all of his gear is bought or crafted, suggest to him to start changing it. Exalted with Kirin Tor means access to the trinket, not to mention all the other 522 ilvls. Also, the trinket from Shieldwall gives quite a bit of haste, which trumps all other stats for spriest, with Int proc on demand.

Also might want to try switching DI with PI as 5th tier talent, since that provides faster cast times (more insanity casts) and 5% overall increased damage.

Finally, at his ilvl, there is no reason why he shouldn't be doing ToT LFR for gear upgrades.

Sorry if my post sounds to cold or critical, just woke up :).

Can't say I'm the best at reading WoL, but from that log, which was made on a training dummy, I'm seeing hits from mind spike and mind sear. If it was supposed to be a single target DPS check, those spells have no use whatsoever in the rotation. Also, if indeed it was single target, there is no reason not to have 100% uptime on both DoT's (SW:P and VT). He should try to time casting DP when both the other dots won't need refreshing if he is to benefit from the full potential of insanity.

From what I'm seeing on his raiding progression, it's close to none, including LFR's for some reason. Since all of his gear is bought or crafted, suggest to him to start changing it. Exalted with Kirin Tor means access to the trinket, not to mention all the other 522 ilvls. Also, the trinket from Shieldwall gives quite a bit of haste, which trumps all other stats for spriest, with Int proc on demand.

Also might want to try switching DI with PI as 5th tier talent, since that provides faster cast times (more insanity casts) and 5% overall increased damage.

Finally, at his ilvl, there is no reason why he shouldn't be doing ToT LFR for gear upgrades.

Sorry if my post sounds to cold or critical, just woke up Posted Image.

I can take cold and critical as long as its helpful.

Ok, What im posting is my own Spriest, shes not as geared however. I like to think my self and semi-skilled or even decently skilled with her. My dps seems ok enough, but i want to start doing HOF-TOES with her as soon as i can. ( i completed MSV this morning). I wanna see where im messing up on these logs. {i mistakenly over writed the first 4 bosses on MSV though. On elegon I blasted an add on phase 3 with 3 orb DP on accident so besides that lol.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Umbranimus/advanced

WOL log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wtoasb85f3jayk7v/

thank you.

I can take cold and critical as long as its helpful.

Ok, What im posting is my own Spriest, shes not as geared however. I like to think my self and semi-skilled or even decently skilled with her. My dps seems ok enough, but i want to start doing HOF-TOES with her as soon as i can. ( i completed MSV this morning). I wanna see where im messing up on these logs. {i mistakenly over writed the first 4 bosses on MSV though. On elegon I blasted an add on phase 3 with 3 orb DP on accident so besides that lol.

Armory: http://us.battle.net...animus/advanced

WOL log: http://www.worldoflo...oasb85f3jayk7v/

thank you.

If you read the IV guide, it mentions that below 505 Haste is less important and the gemming strategy is different. Have another look at that section.

On your Elegon kill, you had 5% missed spells; I see that you brought yourself up to hit cap since then, but now you're a little over. Keep an eye on that since missing with a DoT really hurts. There was a missed usage of Power Infusion, you didn't use your Shadowfiend, and 29 casts of Mind Blast means that you have an ability with an 8 second cooldown that you used, on average, every 14 seconds. Those are all things that you can and should improve on.