FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pinklotus

I'm a desperate little MW monk. :(

Hi there. I'm writing because at this point I'm desperate. I have been trying different combos, different tactics, and to no avail. I recently was benched based off my last performance, and I'm really tired of trying so hard to get not so good results.

http://us.battle.net...inklotus/simple

http://www.worldoflo...r5t/details/14/

My rotation is as follows: (Using Ascension)

ReM

Chi Wave

Jab

Blackout kick

Tiger punch (for 5 stacks of instant surging mist)

Soothing Mist+enveloping mist

Expel Harm

Life Cocoon*When needed

and of course spamming soothing mist as needed.

I use TellMeWhen to see when I need to refresh the Chi Wave, ReM, Expel Harm, and enveloping mist.

I have tried your rotations, and I feel like my fistweaving and mistweaving are used when the appropriate moment happens. However, compared to those at my ilvl, my healing is well, Sh*t....I have heard mixed things about reforging. I swear, in the last week, I've reforged about 5 times. I'm at a loss...I'm about to quit lol. It's frustrating.

*The night I've listed in World Of Logs was one of my worst nights. I was kind of distracted by RL stuff in the background, but I haven't healed that low since heroics. : /

***EDIT*** When this log was taken, my ilvl was 516. I since have updated and upgraded some gear. (521)

Edited by Pinklotus

oh wow.... Yea, there some stuff to be fixing. Unfortunately, I'm on my phone and I am pretty useless right now, and will probably be out all day.

Theres a couple issues with stats, and probably playstyle, which is why you're healing is low. (We currently have a monk in 505~ ilvl doing 110k~ HPS on our heroic Iron Qon 25m kill) so gear is definitely not an issue. (first thing is to get your haste to a correct value, i would recommend 6141 or 9158 OUTSIDE OF SERPENT STANCE, i.e. in tiger stance)

Give me time to come back home some time late tonight or tomorrow and ill help.

Also add my monk krazyito65#1273

Biggest thing I can tell you, do less fistweaving for now. Just it there, ReM on CD, spam (spam as in spam click/push button) soothing, use your chi on uplift and enveloping.

For 25 man, chi burst through the raid is better than chi wave, chi torpedo is good. Keep using that.

Once you get more use to ReM and uplift healing, then you can fistweave during down time.

Have you read the post here? (throne of Thunder style) the very beginning helps with fistweaving guide.

Just a final note for now, your main problem is that ReM and uplift are so low on your healing. ReM because your breakpoint is wrong, and uplift cause your not using it.

Overheal on uplift if you have to, but you need to constant generate and consume chi, which you can convert from uplift overheal, to eminence healing LATER.

Sorry if this is a bit incoherent. I'll help more and talk to you one on one when I'm available.

Thank you very much. I've been doing LFRs today and using Uplift constantly. I thought I read somewhere (and maybe in that forum you were talking about) that uplift is a mana killer. But in just spamming uplift and ReM I've increased quite a bit. I did more reading on your Monk forums, and I saw that people use Mr. Robot. SO, I went and did the same. It had me reforge and regem into spirit, but like you said somewhere, after I get my legendary gem that won't be necessary. (Next week I'll have mine, I've just been lazy.) : / I DO however have to tell you that I usually don't do 25-mans. That was the first all year. So 25 man pointers won't be too necessary, because that guild I was in was too impatient for me to learn, so I joined one that does 10 Man. It's so frustrating! I know I have the gear to do the heals...just not the "skills" or rotation just yet. Ugh.

Edited by Pinklotus

I have a couple of 10 man friends that tell me they are too scared to go below 6k or 5k spirit.

I personally go for least spirit possible, but you may need more for a 10 man.

The new monk we got, after helping him with stats ended with 4k~ spirit.

For Mr. Robot, I'll have to help you choose the right weights when I can talk to you better, the default is not that great for your gear level.

Things to consider:

How much spirit do I want/need?

What haste breakpoint?

Crit or int in gemming?

Helped her out with stats.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/8f5effac-de70-4a08-aad8-733bb5658a93

Used these weights. Sh'es gonna try it out.

biggest problem is the Renewing mists healing, which is probably due to lack of haste or correct stats. and also lack of uplift healing which is fixed with uplift spam and with a renewing mist weak aura to track how many she has on the raid.

WOW. WOWOWOWOWOW! I improved my healing by double what it was before. You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. :|] Thank you so very much!!

• Like 1

Thank you Krazyito for improving our communities healers. My mains a lock, but i've always healed throughout the games history. I need to play my monk because i think i'd really enjoy it.

• Like 1

Please don't give it more than a glance but I know I'm doing something wrong as well! I don't have the new meta gem (scenario kicked my butt last night but will be back at it tonight) but is my problem a lack of haste and too much spirit as well? I find it hard to keep ReM on many at once other than when I have TfT up. Never done logs but I tend to stick to 25 man LFRs for now. I don't often end up with spare mana but maybe I am overcompensating with other spells because ReM isn't working well for me.

My gear:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/silver_hand/gnowei

Thanks in advance :)

Please don't give it more than a glance but I know I'm doing something wrong as well! I don't have the new meta gem (scenario kicked my butt last night but will be back at it tonight) but is my problem a lack of haste and too much spirit as well? I find it hard to keep ReM on many at once other than when I have TfT up. Never done logs but I tend to stick to 25 man LFRs for now. I don't often end up with spare mana but maybe I am overcompensating with other spells because ReM isn't working well for me.

My gear:

http://www.askmrrobo...ver_hand/gnowei

Thanks in advance Posted Image

Your biggest problem is you have way too much mastery gear and not nearly enough crit.. You need to replace anything and everything that has mastery on it, with something that has crit/haste, haste/spirit, or crit/spirit, even if it means its an ilvl downgrade (at least one step down[Lfr/Normal/Heroic])

Just because its an ilvl upgrade, doesnt mean its an upgrade. I see way too many monks get mastery gear because it has more int, when they are completely gimping themselves in terms of throughput and mana because of it.

Use these reforges: http://www.askmrrobo...b5-b957b827dbf1

I kept you at 10k~ spirit to start off, but I would recommend bringing the weight of spirit down to .65 and removing the cap once you feel more comfortable.

Now if your rotation is off, then thats a whole other beast.

Thanks so much :) In my head I always downgraded mastery and just considered it as a reforge fodder if it was otherwise an upgrade. It'll be good to have some gear targets again so I stop upgrading my WW off spec :) Thanks again as I hadn't done any custom weighting before and followed the askmrrobot defaults.

Edit - how the heck do I have mastery on every piece of gear! Rest assured I didn't plan it that way and will remedy ASAP!

Edited by Backster

And holy crap is thunder forge scenario a pain. Out here on a Jeeves cool down after 20 deaths. Can heal the protector up for his damage but anvil knocks him down to half again! As you can imagine from my mastery disaster the ground is littered with green balls! I was going to regem and reforge after I got my meta gem but not sure I can finish without!