FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Filed

Legendary Bracers & Frost

I've been lucky enough to get legendary bracers (15% frost damage increase when PoF is active). I'm specced into FS too.

When PoF is active I have been spamming FS, with some varying success (crits for ~600k). Is this the optimal use of these bracers? I also have all "Nothing but the boots" relics & high mastery.

My armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Filed/simple

Edited by Filed

11 minutes ago, Filed said:

I've been lucky enough to get legendary bracers (15% frost damage increase when PoF is active). I'm specced into FS too.

When PoF is active I have been spamming FS, with some varying success (crits for ~600k). Is this the optimal use of these bracers? I also have all "Nothing but the boots" relics & high mastery.

My armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Filed/simple

Sort of

First just so we are clear, you are referring to Frostscythe yes? The general abbreviation is FsC just so it isn't confused with frost strike. In general you are correct, However, if running frostscythe you only want to use it on a km proc, otherwise obliterate does more damage. The other thing too is your crit is sort of low for FsC build, you want 25% ish Crit. You are Lower. So I might recommend switching to OBRA until you get more crit.

So, you do want to be spammy during PoF but if running FsC you use it on KM proc otherwise use obliterate. An easy way to help this is to take the obliteration talent. That way you instead alternate between frost strike and FsC and every FsC will be a crit. That would be the best usage without stat changing. 

so there are long term fixes but the tldr version is, take obliteration alternate FS, FsC spam, profit :D

^^ As said above, you want to go Obliteration for the burst capability.

Demon may have missed this on your armory but you should also spec Icecap with the bracers to maximise PoF uptime.

Also, I'd take a large chunk of haste and put that into crit if you get the chance to rebalance gear.

My rotation in burst phase is still in flux, however, if you mainly line up Obliteration+FScy you may also find the rotation smoothes out better to try and get 2 - 3 Rime procs during PoF... so FS (proc) >> FScy >> normal Oblit >> Rime (if proc) >> repeat while Obliteration is up then normal Oblit and FS only until you get KM proc. 

It doesn't necessarily beat the machine gun rotation unless you get the RNG, in which case it goes ahead quite a bit. It is better to stay with machine gun for Obliteration when going for AoE though, I'll post again if I get round to testing it more fully.

816k crit is one I saw yesterday from Rime. I expect this to be 1.1mil+ when I equip leg. helm. (Lining up PoF, RW, Fallen Crusader buff, and 5x Razorice ) so almost double the FScy crit without even using a rune.

35 minutes ago, Browed said:

Demon may have missed this on your armory but you should also spec Icecap with the bracers to maximise PoF uptime.

yes, yes i did XD. Funny thing is that was one of the points I wanted to make, it was late though, so nice catch :D

Thanks both, appreciate the feedback

Yes I'm referring to ForstScythe.

I was planning to increase my crit, and have done recently with gems and enchants where possible - it's increased slightly since yesterday - I'll aim to reduce haste to 20% and increase crit to 25%.

I did move from icecap after seeing the bugfix - however I did forget that it benefits the bracers, good shout I'll re-spec that.

I've specced into oblit, and will give it a shot in some M+.

Thanks again guys, it's been very useful. 

3 hours ago, Filed said:

Thanks both, appreciate the feedback

Yes I'm referring to ForstScythe.

I was planning to increase my crit, and have done recently with gems and enchants where possible - it's increased slightly since yesterday - I'll aim to reduce haste to 20% and increase crit to 25%.

I did move from icecap after seeing the bugfix - however I did forget that it benefits the bracers, good shout I'll re-spec that.

I've specced into oblit, and will give it a shot in some M+.

Thanks again guys, it's been very useful. 

yeah i was heartbroken to find out the  ice cap power was a bug XD