Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
demonardvark

General Forum Poll, you get to decide somethings :D

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone :D

So i created this because I need community feedback from you guys :D So you'll notice we have quite a few stickies up. Most of these are pretty valuable. However, we have a couple new guides some that are written and some that are to be written that are valuable and I think deserve attention. That being said, I don't want half of our first page to just be stickies posts, its a bet overwhelming and eats a lot of space. So, I want to either consolidate or take down a couple stickies. 

This is where you guys come in :D

I don't see much pvp traffic in our boards and while the pvp guide has gotten a lot of views it has very few comments on it at all. Even then icy doesn't really have raw pvp guides. So baring what I'm seeing the first part I'm thinking of is unstickying the pvp guide.

so Question 1:

would you miss the pvp guide at all?

Part two is for the raids I have it seperated between tank and dps. I plan to consolidate it so there is only one general raid thread. I do realize that it will make the one thread very big, and maybe hard to navigate but, I feel it would save space.

so Question 2:

Consolidate raid guides into one super guide, yes or no?

with that being said everything else we have I feel is is pretty useful, the weakaura strings are just invaluable to people, damiens message of course i wouldn't dare touch, and the scourge fishing guide is good for people wanting to max out their unholy dk potential. So i'm not sure I want to touch those. but I suppose we can do

Question 3:

Well more open comment, any stickies you think should be removed?

So thank you for your input on those three questions :D this is your forum so I wanted user feedback before moving forward, the guides in question I want to give more attention two are going to be Mythic + guides by our own Drtain and Shells. These are already looking good and I want to make sure we make room for their visibility :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't even looked at the pvp guide myself so, guess where my vote goes on that.

As far as raiding, sure, i mean from what i've seen it's a bunch of generic guidelines on the encounters and isn't that big as far as a guide goes, i think tank perspective would fit in there just fine.

I also think weak auras could fit in 1 thread. Then again, i don't think you need to worry about such issues too much as traffic seems pretty light to me. 

Edited by Alexizonfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pvp guide = na to me, Raids I like keeping tanking and dpsing separate personally, weak auras =/=. Personally speaking I think the Scourge fishing should be shoved into the unholy dps rotational guide it's self, idk if that's how it works but yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

took down scourge fishing and pvp, dk mythic plus dps pinned mythic plus tank will be pinned once made.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the sticky applied where the format is spec-by-content (e.g. tank-mythic, dps-EN, etc.). This should simultaneously help consolidate information and help accessibility. Thanks Demon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the changes made. Totally agree that dps/tank guides should be separated, and that mythic+ and raid guides should be separated. I'm ambivalent about the weak auras one. Maybe sticky a suggested addons list? and append the weakauras to that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aegis said:

I like the changes made. Totally agree that dps/tank guides should be separated, and that mythic+ and raid guides should be separated. I'm ambivalent about the weak auras one. Maybe sticky a suggested addons list? and append the weakauras to that?

yeah the only thing with the weak auras is that there are different authors for them, now it would be easy enough to just make a shall we say resource thread with the weak auras listed and then site the owner and link back to their original post, however, I am garbage with weak auras, I don't use them at all, so if there are questions that come up on the resource page my answer would just funnel them back to the OG ones, soooo that one will take some figuring out, might talk to the various authors and see what we can work out. :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with consolidating the Weak Aura strings etc into a resource thread of sorts, suggest this includes all addon related stuff, would probably mean micro managing the thread somewhat.

(Personally I dislike WA completely and would always divert those I can to use Tellmewhen (personal taste))

Edited by Skorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Skorn said:

Agree with consolidating the Weak Aura strings etc into a resource thread of sorts, suggest this includes all addon related stuff, would probably mean micro managing the thread somewhat.

(Personally I dislike WA completely and would always divert those I can to use Tellmewhen (personal taste))

lol 

it seems there is consensus for a general resource thread / addon thread. I'll clear it with the authors but I'm thinkign for clutter sake its the best idea, plus its what the community wants :D

I do it all for you guys <3

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alrighty we got our mythic + blood dk guide up, I changed the raid helper thing to just Legion Raid because I wanna stuff Trials in there as well, may may update raid ones a bit later tonight, what will be done sometime today is a general resource add on pin to homogenize all the weak auras and list any other add on things people want

SO COMMUNITY POLL AGAIN!!!!

what addons do you think should be in resource guide (dk specific) ?

Tell me when could be useful. Obviously Weakauras. feel free to add things you think would be helpful for people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Addons
Tellmewhen
Ovale Spell priority  (rotation helper)
Ovale 7.1 Custom scripts (latest sim scripts)
Clique  (mouse over macros - CR, DG etc)
Cooldownpulse

Macros

Places D&D on player (like consecrate)

/cast [@player] Death and Decay

Places D&D at cursor

/cast [@cursor] Death and Decay


 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skorn said:

Addons
Tellmewhen
Ovale Spell priority  (rotation helper)
Ovale 7.1 Custom scripts (latest sim scripts)
Clique  (mouse over macros - CR, DG etc)
Cooldownpulse

Macros

Places D&D on player (like consecrate)


/cast [@player] Death and Decay

Places D&D at cursor


/cast [@cursor] Death and Decay


 

very useful thanks

and also I hadn't considered macros at all, great idea to include some :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, demonardvark said:

Alrighty we got our mythic + blood dk guide up, I changed the raid helper thing to just Legion Raid because I wanna stuff Trials in there as well, may may update raid ones a bit later tonight, what will be done sometime today is a general resource add on pin to homogenize all the weak auras and list any other add on things people want

SO COMMUNITY POLL AGAIN!!!!

what addons do you think should be in resource guide (dk specific) ?

Tell me when could be useful. Obviously Weakauras. feel free to add things you think would be helpful for people

hey look at me, I actually kept my own deadlines :D general resource page completed and forums looking nice and organized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.