FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nalar

useless at numbercrunching

hello all (1st time poster here)

I have been a demo lock for a measly 2 months minimum and OMG 'I'm loving it,'

i have been all the other specs and back in TBC when shadowbolt was the filler i loved affliction spec, but now im urgh .

but as a demo lock i have read and read and read all there is to know about rotation and what to do and what not to do , ( but still make the stupid mistakes lol) but hey ho if I was good at something then i would find something else to do and it wouldnt be a challenge!!

what are you getting at i might hear you say?

well this is my armoury

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Nalar/simple

and i am forced to admit that Im useless at numbers i read a post in icy-veins about adjusting the stat weights in

'ask mr robot' and i did it and suddenly my dps shot up , (did an opening burst damage for 240k from a macro i found on a fellow warlock)

but now i have gotten over the sudden excitement of my openers (which my guild still cant beileve i do lol)

i would like to know now is there something i can do to boost my stats even more.

i know i have like 2% more hit than i should and i cannot see where i can put that somewhere else,

but do i have too much haste and if so (obviously) i will whack it into mastery ?

im a pritty lvl headed guy so any criticism i will take on the chin and will use it ,

Regards

Nalar

P.S

I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to all the posters on the lock forums for thier invaluble info shared. and it has been quite some reading )

Your haste is a bit high, so yes, reforge it into mastery. Reforge some of that hit into either haste or mastery, depending on where your haste is sitting.

http://www.icy-veins...ority-reforging

Take a look on that page to figure out where your haste needs to get to, and once you reach the soft cap that applies to you, get more mastery to increase the damage done by you, your minion, and your imps. Another thing I'm seeing is that you are using all yellow +320 haste gems. This is not optimal. If it's a yellow socket, it can be fine, but for red sockets, you should be using Brilliant Primordial Ruby, for yellows, you'd be better off with Reckless Vermilion Onyx or Artful Vermilion Onyx. For blue sockets, you'd ideally rather use Veiled Imperial Amethyst, because the int is an automatic spellpower increase. Hopefully one of our locks who is a bit better at nitpicking and number crunching will be able to give you some more info, but that's my 2 cents right there Posted Image and while AMR can be a great tool, I would personally suggest using ReforgeLite to help with reforging, if you aren't already. It's got editable stat weights, and it's usually pretty good at getting your hit to right at cap, or as close to as can be. Very easy addon to use.

I have been a demo lock for a measly 2 months minimum and OMG 'I'm loving it,'

Careful, McDonalds might come after you for using their slogan Posted Image

So its good note that adjusting your stats is rarely going to result in a substantial increase in your DPS. However in your case, being 2% over cap is a lot of wasted stats so it will be good to look in to getting closer to 15%. Wushoolay's can cause problems with too much Hit sometimes, but you can still get down to the cap pretty easily at the moment.

I've never used ReforgeLite, but I've heard good things about it. If you've figured out how to use AMR (Mr. Robot) then heres a link to a profile I made for your gear. Just click Optimize and look it over to see if you like it.

The haste value you'll be shooting for as a goblin is 7564 or 8699.

thankyou for your quick response elro and cruzan, i went for the 8699 , been trying to tget the UVLS for ages but its not dropping lol,

you never know i might have McDonalds breathing down my neck sometime Posted Image

i was undead until a couple of weeks ago then changed to goblin so that threw up a whole load of new number for me

but when i get the (finally i might say) then i will swap the whshoolays for UVLS as it will bring my +hit down

thanks again

Nalar

If you don't have uvls and are just doing normals i suggest just going affli :; but anyway talking about your stats they don't look too bad .

But if you're having a hard time with reforging i strongly suggest getting Reforgelite from curse , it's a very nice addon and it lets you reforge really fast.

I'd like to say be careful with Reforgelite.. sometimes it's great and other's it hiccups and picks stuff to reforge that you're like.. UH NO.. lol.. it is a very nice addon you just need to know how to handle it.. (fairly user friendly)

Well ofc , you can't just click two things and let it do it , i usually double check the end result just to make sure =p

just a quick question ,when we have next maintanance, i will be (hopefully) getting my last rune stone and will most probably get the ilvl 600 cape, what i would like to know is what is the next haste cap after 8699? and i will look to see if a can get close to that if needed ?

nalar

you don't need to exceed next haste cap in demo (which is like earlier 8000's) unless you play affliction as a second.. then 9800 is the next cap

just a quick question ,when we have next maintanance, i will be (hopefully) getting my last rune stone and will most probably get the ilvl 600 cape, what i would like to know is what is the next haste cap after 8699? and i will look to see if a can get close to that if needed ?

nalar

Next cap as a Goblin without Glyph of EA is 12602 so....ya, you don't need to worry about that for a while. Posted Image For Demo its also better to avoid gutting yourself of Mastery just to reach a crazy high haste cap. Keep in mind these caps will change once u get UVLS and start using Glyph of EA.

Edited by Cruzan

Next cap as a Goblin without Glyph of EA is 12602 so....ya, you don't need to worry about that for a while. Posted Image For Demo its also better to avoid gutting yourself of Mastery just to reach a crazy high haste cap. Keep in mind these caps will change once u get UVLS and start using Glyph of EA.

I should have investigated more.. forget not everyone has UVLS + Glyph of Everlasting Affliction >_<

Yeah, it's almost a necessity for Demo to be truly competitive at the top of the meters to have both the trinket and the glyph active. Otherwise, you're fighting an uphill battle with one shoe on.

Hi (again.....your going to start hating me lol)

But I have another question ?. Say u do have the UVLS trinket, and it procs and ofcourse you put doom on your target, but after, if you pop imp swarm glyph ?, do you still get the imps off the doom crits even thought you have used the glyph?. And I hope I have made sence here?.

Regards

Nalar.

Demonic Calling and Doom crits operate on their own systems, so no, using the glyph of imp swarm doesn't affect Doom crit imps. Posted Image

Edited by Cruzan