Fiberglass

Looking for help (Mist-Weaver)

5 posts in this topic

So I am currently behind I know but I'm looking to improve my healing for heroic and future mythic progression. However, the one thing that's eluding me so far is stat weights and things like that. I'm currently 7/7N 2/7H. I feel my stats are messed up I know for a fact I have to much haste. How do I go about finding which are the best stats for MW monks.  Ask Mr robot doesn't help to much and simcraft doesn't support healer simulations. My only other option is to ask around. Thank's for the help ahead of time. 

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Fibergläss/simple

Edited by Fiberglass

After searching the web for BiS, stats etc etc etc all I've found it so far is that Mastery, dispite what every guide say, is the best stat. Haste is "useless" as it doesnt differ much. Enchant all the gear with versatility. I've also learned that Mark of the ancient priestess doesnt trigger with healing so I cant say thats a good option. Other than that, im clueless. I'm currently 26%/17%/247%/7% (crit, haste, mastery, versatility) @ 870ilvl and it works as it should I suppose. 

There's a stat weight done by a guy named Geodew that I can link you here. There's also questions that people have asked him and his responses in the thread if you're interested: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1911741-GUIDE-SUPPLEMENT-Geodew-s-Mistweaver-Stat-Weights-7-0

That said, mastery is a great stat to have in 5 mans. The lack of heavy AoE and emphasis on Enveloping Mist makes it a really good stat to have. However, mastery isn't that useful in raids because of a few reasons. The first is that there's a lot more emphasis on mana conservation. Versatility and critical strike continue to be useful after the cast has been complete, benefitting Essence Font, Enveloping Mist and Renewing Mist, which takes up quite a lot of our healing. Mastery, however, requires mana every time you want to use it (Sheilun is an exception, but you're only going to get a cast of that every 50+ seconds because it doesn't heal enough without 5 or more stacks). Additionally, mastery doesn't actually proc off of any of our AoE spells. While Essence Font gives us double effectiveness on our mastery, we still have to spend mana to get that effectiveness, which can lead to going OOM. Crit and versatility gives us better AoE heals, and makes our expensive AoE spells more mana efficient.

Haste isn't picked up for raw thoroughput, and therefore the usefulness of the stat varies upon if you are above or below the mana cap for a fight. The mana cap is the point that you can freely spam the correct spell for the situation and never run out of mana until the end of the fight. In other words, being on the mana cap means getting to 0 mana when the boss dies. While the mana cap changes between bosses, difficulties and attempts, if you are above the mana cap (Not running OOM by the end of the fight), you don't need to be as efficient with your spells, and can therefore go for more raw thoroughput. Haste allows us to get more raw thoroughput, as we get our spells out faster. In this case, haste gains a lot of stat weight, as we are gaining more healing without being punished for reduced efficiency. Of course, haste loses a lot of this weight when below the mana cap (Going OOM before the end of the fight) because we need more efficiency in that case. Mastery gains a bit more weight when below the mana cap, but mastery is less consistent with it's healing, and so we don't give it as much weight when below the mana cap as we do for haste when above the mana cap.

Your haste is only a problem if you are going OOM too quickly. You can reduce this problem by getting more efficient with your spells and getting the most out of each spell. However, if you are finding that you are still going OOM, perhaps you need to get more crit or versatility into your gear. However, mastery costs too much mana to be effective compared to crit or versatility.

I was unable to read the link you attached Rush31 but I do agree that Crit and Vers are better than Mastery. I completely changed all my gear to focus mastery>vers>crit>haste and I feel my heals are so much weaker than when I was Crit>vers>haste>mast. So now I am back to should I go back to being crit>vers>haste>mast or trying to stick it out with mastery....

If you can copy paste the stat weights here I would greatly appreciate it since the link would not work for me :(!

Before I was 23.57%, 14.91%, 221.20%, 7.55% (Crit, haste, Mast, Vers)...

Now 17%, 10%, 352%, 4% (Crit, haste, Mast, Vers)...

Edited by unrealistic

On 07/11/2016 at 2:46 PM, unrealistic said:

I was unable to read the link you attached Rush31 but I do agree that Crit and Vers are better than Mastery. I completely changed all my gear to focus mastery>vers>crit>haste and I feel my heals are so much weaker than when I was Crit>vers>haste>mast. So now I am back to should I go back to being crit>vers>haste>mast or trying to stick it out with mastery....

If you can copy paste the stat weights here I would greatly appreciate it since the link would not work for me :(!

Before I was 23.57%, 14.91%, 221.20%, 7.55% (Crit, haste, Mast, Vers)...

Now 17%, 10%, 352%, 4% (Crit, haste, Mast, Vers)...

Ok, here's the stats pulled from the spreadsheet:

For 5 man dungeons:

Haste (Above mana cap): 5.08
Intellect: 2.74
Versatility: 2.21
Crit: 2.15
Mastery: 3.21
Haste (Below mana Cap): 2.11

For raids:

Haste (Above Mana Cap): 5.08
Intellect: 2.74
Versatility: 2.26
Crit: 2.15
Mastery: 1.26

EDIT: I'll also note that versatility gets better the more healers you have (The damage reduction is basically extra healing, and having more people makes reducing the damage all the more important)

Edited by Rush31