FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
bwaargh

Unholy DK stat weights

Can someone please share stat weights for unholy DK Castigator build (St>Crit>Haste>Mastery>Versatility). I'm a noob, and don't know how to simulate them myself. I've made up somethinmg like this, but i'm not sure its right: ( Pawn: v1: "UnholyIcy": HasteRating=3.09, MasteryRating=2.27, CritRating=7.22, Strength=9.04, Versatility=1 )

And what about strength. Suppose i have an item, that gives +100 Strength. Should i change it for an item that gives +100 Crit (or +80 crit and +50 Mastery and so on). I think having good stat weights in Pawn is quite handy for dungeons/raids and i'm surprised that no one has them (or is unwilling to share them).

Edited by bwaargh

That's the thing, DK in general don't use stat weights as most other class do because they have heavy diminishing returns on secondary stats (which means at some point mastery get better than crit and haste).
Basically, changing one piece of gear changes your stat weight significantly which is the reason why people try to follow stat balance objectives rather than stat weights.

For example, mine right now is "get as much strength as possible, crit as close (without getting above if possible) to 10k as possible and haste to 6.5k while putting everything else into mastery" (that's the balance that seems to have the best results with my setup but setups differ especially considering my Dk is a goblin at ilvl 861).

I do use some stat weights to have an idea if an ilvl upgrade could be worth it or not but I do take the results with a grain of salt as at the end of the day, if it's not obvious the only real solution is to sim it. Basically, stat weights help you if you are too lazy to do the job but does an half-assed job for sure.

As for strength, depending how far you are from your "perfect balance" I would say it's 5 to 20% better than your best secondary stat (yeah that's a lot of variance).

11 hours ago, Shells said:

Here is  quick guide on how to use SIMC and AMR , hope it helps

You need top level char to simulate, and i'm only 65.

I would not worry about it then, just stack strength or highest ilvl as it really wont matter that much while levelling. 

Worry about it when you at 110.